SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

The level of denial within our support is breathtaking at times. 

I'll take whatever you've got to say in return, both barrels mate because I know that sounds cheeky but I honestly have no idea where folk get this optimism from that we are fighting this behind the scenes or have something up our sleeves. 

Using the word "denial" is a bit disingenuous.   

The way I see it, is we've played this quite well, and I trust we're still in the game.  I think we thought we had them previously but underestimated the apathy , the depth of clubs votes being "bought" and the blind self-interest that's alive and well in our game.  In this instance, we've taken steps and the trajectory remains the same.  Tackety boots at the time you're suggesting, to me, was doomed to failure because the Investigation had been booted out and nothing had changed.  The SPFL and clubs had spoken, and further demands, such as a vote of no-confidence would have left us with absolutely nowhere else to go.   

I think (hope) we recognised this and have merely stepped back for Hearts and others to do their bit (and supporting them behind the scenes).  THEN bring the tackety boots out.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Raman Bhardwaj

Hearts and Partick Thistle response: “We are incredulous to have received a Notice of Complaint from the SFA in the circumstances.”

If that was me that received a notice like that it would only strengthen my resolve as i'd know i was doing something right.

They are rattled here.

1 minute ago, Canabear said:

If that was me that received a notice like that it would only strengthen my resolve as i'd know i was doing something right.

They are rattled here.

A final bullying tactic to try and stop proceedings. It's too late. I don't think Budge can be bought now.

Their so fuckin corrupt they have lost all sense of normality, what next, start the season in August then 2nd pandemic wave comes, scum awarded title although sitting 3rd with SPFL stating they would probably have won it anyway.

27 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The people that are holding the arbitration between two parties hit one party with a notice of complaint?

Good luck Hearts n PT now. Away to be butt fucked into oblivion by the brothers of scottish football's destruction.

That's one huge WOW moment!!

The body instructed to arbitrate by a court  initiates disciplinary procedures against the complainants?!?!  

I can see no other option but to go back to court.

34 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The people that are holding the arbitration between two parties hit one party with a notice of complaint?

Good luck Hearts n PT now. Away to be butt fucked into oblivion by the brothers of scottish football's destruction.

Its incredible , isn't it ? 

Only in this country could that happen. 

34 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If Hearts have anything about them, they should be telling the SFA to shove their 2020 semi final that probably will be played in 2021, right up their hoop.

I dont know what the mechanism is , but they should be telling the sfa to stick their arbitration up their arse and get this back to a legal route . Its pretty obvious a decision has already been made on them and PT . 

This is fucking unreal and pure corruption!

Charging Hearts and Partick Thistle who have been unfairly treated yet celtic covered up the rape of hundreds of children over a 50 year period by a paedophile ring and it's radio silence.

Football up here is done - total stitch up!!!!!

9 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

That's one huge WOW moment!!

The body instructed to arbitrate by a court  initiates disciplinary procedures against the complainants?!?!  

I can see no other option but to go back to court.

Lord Clark was crystal clear that arbitration had to be independent and not handled by the SFA. I can see this move as nothing but desperation.

16 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Their so fuckin corrupt they have lost all sense of normality, what next, start the season in August then 2nd pandemic wave comes, scum awarded title although sitting 3rd with SPFL stating they would probably have won it anyway.

Mate I wouldn't even joke about that.

Hearts/Thistle Joint Statement 

We are incredulous to have received a Notice of Complaint from the SFA in the circumstances. 

It is oppressive of them to require submissions from both clubs by 20 July when we are, in terms of their own articles of association, actively engaged in arbitration.

As our focus must be squarely on that, we have already requested the SFA to review the timing to allow us to be properly prepared and represented. That is the very least we should expect from the process

Has to be straight to CAS or Court Of Session now

SFA’s laughable pleadings of neutrality now completely blown away.

Their objectivity is hopelessly compromised and so, therefore, is the process.

Like asking a Glitterdome season ticket holder to be Compliance Officer and expecting fairness.

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Lord Clark was crystal clear that arbitration had to be independent and not handled by the SFA. I can see this move as nothing but desperation.

I don't think Lord Clark will be impressed by this tactic by the SFA in the slightest.

Lord Clark in his written statement

"I was taken to the SFA’s Judicial Panel Protocol and shown a provision which applies where a member or an associated person takes a dispute, which is referable to arbitration in terms of Article 99, to a court of law, in circumstances other than those expressly provided by the terms of Article 99. The provision refers to penalties of up to £1,000,000 and/or suspension or termination of the club’s membership of the SFA being imposed if a court action is raised. In my opinion, the existence of that potential penalty (which includes expulsion or as Mr Moynihan put it, being put “out of the game”) is a factor which requires to be considered when analysing the lawfulness or otherwise of Article 99.15."

The sheer arrogance and swagger of the footballing authority shows a brutal over-confidence which has allowed them to consistently act in a biased and unencumbered way.

That is going to be their downfall.

Perfectly summed up elsewhere. A copy and paste job.

SFA & SPFL will be fuming as

1) They wanted to go straight arbitration.

2) They would have had full control of the process

3) No documents from SPFL

4) Lord Clarke f--cked up all the above.

The Scottish FA have started disciplinary action against Hearts and Partick Thistle after the clubs went to court in their battle to avoid relegation.

The Scottish Professional Football League ended the 2019/20 season early after the coronavirus pandemic halted all sport in Scotland. 

Member clubs voted to award prizes and decided promotion and relegation on a points per game basis, meaning Hearts were relegated from the Premiership and Thistle made the drop to League 1.

After three failed attempts at league reconstruction, the clubs went to the Court of Session but the case was referred to an arbitration panel convened by the SFA.

ADVERT

Ads by Teads

Now, the governing body has taken its on action, charging both clubs with breaking the rules by taking a football dispute to court.

SFA guidelines show that the punishment, if proven, could ranger from a fine of £500 or £1000 at the low end, to a £1m fine and expulsion or suspension from the association at the top end of the scale.

Hearts and Thistle have been charged with breaking disciplinary rule 78 – “No member or Associated Person shall take a dispute which is referable to arbitration in terms of Article 99 to a court of law except as expressly permitted by the terms of Article 99”.

The clubs responded with a joint statement which read: “We are incredulous to have received a Notice of Complaint from the SFA in the circumstances. 

ADVERT

“It is oppressive of them to require submissions from both clubs by 20 July when we are, in terms of their own articles of association, actively engaged in arbitration.

“As our focus must be squarely on that, we have already requested the SFA to review the timing to allow us to be properly prepared and represented. That is the very least we should expect from the process.”

A hearing date of August 6 has been set.

Archived