SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

17 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Well we should start legal proceedings against them.  This compo would be incurred because they never n&v'd the league. All directly linkable back to them.

Said before if Hearts and PT are paid any type of compensation due to being wrongfully relegated by the resolution then it opens up for any club wronged by the resolution. Including us.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Said before if Hearts and PT are paid any type of compensation due to being wrongfully relegated by the resolution then it opens up for any club wronged by the resolution. Including us.

We won’t look for a dime mate 

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Well, today should be the day we find out how much the spfl clusterfuck is going to cost the clubs.

Although I reckon a ruling in favour of HoM / Thistle but deferment until more accurate claim costings can be provided will be today's outcome.

I also think that will be the outcome. Although more interested in if the status quo remains. Depending on what’s said they might just have enough wriggle room 

Let's hope the ruling is given today. 

It does look like it should be a win for Hearts and Thistle, but I would bet no overturn of relegation but compensation agreed. I think with 8 days to go until the start of the season there will be no other outcome. (I hope I am proven wrong there). 

SPFL and SFA appear to be trying their very best to keep Scottish football in the financial doldrums for the foreseeable.

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Let's hope the ruling is given today. 

It does look like it should be a win for Hearts and Thistle, but I would bet no overturn of relegation but compensation agreed. I think with 8 days to go until the start of the season there will be no other outcome. (I hope I am proven wrong there). 

SPFL and SFA appear to be trying their very best to keep Scottish football in the financial doldrums for the foreseeable.

Good positivity bears but I can’t see it 

Hope I’m wrong, but I honestly believe this Country is so full of corruption .And because of our size ,compliant media and people in right positions .It is very easy to hide it and keep it that way 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Hope I’m wrong, but I honestly believe this Country is so full of corruption .And because of our size ,compliant media and people in right positions .It is very easy to hide it and keep it that way 

SFA involved in arbitration as well doesn't fill me with confidence. They nailed their colours to the mast when they brought disrepute charges against Hearts and Thistle.

It's a compromised procedure right away when that happens but then again we have a guy in charge of one of the organisations who has openly shown his disdain for a member club. What hope have we for parity?

I do try and keep positive. They don't make it easy eejay!👍

Just a guess but my suspicion is that their QC has told the SPFL that they are about to lose the arbitration case.

Hence the covid story to give them a reason to delay the start of the season. The need the time to as Baldric would say 'come up with a cunning plan'.

15 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Just a guess but my suspicion is that their QC has told the SPFL that they are about to lose the arbitration case.

Hence the covid story to give them a reason to delay the start of the season. The need the time to as Baldric would say 'come up with a cunning plan'.

I like the sound of this....

16 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

1200px-Manwithtinfoilhat.jpg

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I can’t see anything else either as I think it will be dismissed with the old ‘sporting integrity’ mantra thrown in along with some sort of secret sweetener offered to to keep them all out of court.

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It's rich Dude, you  calling any bear paranoid after the clear corruption that is going on in Scottish football .

Now anything is possible I feel

Sometimes man

Aye, the SPFL coming up with the covid story because they have to compo to Hearts is totally plausible. Let's ignore the fact that a number of St. Mirren staff have confirmed cases of Covid and instead come up with a mental conspiracy about how they are trying to delay the season starting when all the 'corruption' has been aiming for the season to start in August 1.

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It's rich Dude, you  calling any bear paranoid after the clear corruption that is going on in Scottish football .

Now anything is possible I feel

Sometimes man

There is no corruption for his team

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye, the SPFL coming up with the covid story because they have to compo to Hearts is totally plausible. Let's ignore the fact that a number of St. Mirren staff have confirmed cases of Covid and instead come up with a mental conspiracy about how they are trying to delay the season starting when all the 'corruption' has been aiming for the season to start in August 1.

I'm sure it was a little tongue in cheek , yet it's possible in this Country . Nothing wrong with a conspiracy story on here . I love them :lol:

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

Just as bad as what @Dickie1963 was saying this morning 😂 the covid situation isnt a story, theres been massive problems with pre season games going ahead, St Mirren now becoming ground zero for positive cases and us possibly flouting the regulations. Season starting next week looks like a pipe dream right now.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Just as bad as what @Dickie1963 was saying this morning 😂 the covid situation isnt a story, theres been massive problems with pre season games going ahead, St Mirren now becoming ground zero for positive cases and us possibly flouting the regulations. Season starting next week looks like a pipe dream right now.

My post was very much tongue in cheek.

The covid situation is such that rushing to start the season was always going to lead to this sort of a problem. Yet a certain club is already clamouring to be be allowed to let fans in.

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So you agree then 😁

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Scottish football might be shite but atleast it’s transparent shite. I’m just waiting for the league start being postponed  due to corona virus and by the way Hearts/Thistle aren’t getting relegated. 

My imagination may be in overdrive here but:

1. Time is of the essence  due to the new season

2. Hearings all done and witnesses heard

3. We all  know that even looking at it with blue  and orange glasses on , there has been corruption and dishonesty on the part of the SPFL and some of that has been admitted in court. 

4. There is major social interest in this case.

If the  chair of the arbitration panel  (senior legal guy with 10 yrs experience etc) agrees with point 3 above,  I wonder if this could cause a delay in the release of the results?  

Archived