SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If anyone can explain how Hearts demanding 10m in compensation (almost three times what the Premiership winners will make) isn't "totally disproportionate financial damage to be imposed" on SPFL members given the funds would come from the prize money fund paid out to members?

Loss of gate money associated sponsorship money ,reduced prize money with no guarantee of getting back in 1st season all adds up ,the amount they claimed would be higher than they would expect but give a bargaining position 

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Guys, enough of the accusations against the dude. Let's not have this thread descended into yet another shambles. 

What I will say is that there are many supporters of our club, who have the right to be angry about this whole situation and rightly so. What we dont need are folk trying to stir things up and get folk even more wound up. 

So, let's get back on topic and enough of the shite please, from ALL sides.

Thank you.

fkn bumped 

Just now, magic8ball said:

Loss of gate money associated sponsorship money ,reduced prize money with no guarantee of getting back in 1st season all adds up ,the amount they claimed would be higher than they would expect but give a bargaining position 

I get that, but it would still do the same 'disproportionate financial damage to members' that she is so vehemently opposed to. Moaning that the SPFL are going to financially damage her club then trying to financially damage the other 40 doesn't make much sense.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

To be fair  Gogzy , in the 5 years i have been on RM . I have you seen yourself defend him more than any other poster on here .  It's well over a dozen from memory .Some record that :whistle:

Well I also defended BP9 from the mountains of hate he gets every time he posts.  He just doesn't post much anymore.

I step in to defend people when they are being dog piled.  I've done it for many members on this forum and will continue to do so.

I should just stay quiet and let the barrage of abuse continue aye?

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If anyone can explain how Hearts demanding 10m in compensation (almost three times what the Premiership winners will make) isn't "totally disproportionate financial damage to be imposed" on SPFL members given the funds would come from the prize money fund paid out to members?

It's bargaining. They knew they would never get that amount but it was a statement to show how bad, and damaging the decision was. It's like selling something on Gumtree. You put it up for a ton but will accept £60. It was never really a out the money.

Aye it definitely looks like the end of the road now after that statement from Budge. Must say I'm a tad disappointed that we will never find out the truth behind the blatant cheating that has gone on to pretty much suit one club. As others have said all we can do now is go and win things on the park. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ann Budge spent two years on the SPFL board and was widely regarded as one of the driving figures on it during her time. Not sure I'm having her 'closed shop' stuff.

Robertson was on the Board last year too. I'm not sure we could have been further outside the clique if we tried.

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Naw

So you're not willing to use the report function,  much better to just piss and moan openly right?

It's like fucking high school in here at times.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It's bargaining. They knew they would never get that amount but it was a statement to show how bad, and damaging the decision was. It's like selling something on Gumtree. You put it up for a ton but will accept £60. It was never really a out the money.

It was always about the money. Relegation was never being reversed.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Robertson was on the Board last year too. I'm not sure we could have been further outside the clique if we tried.

Budge wasnt outside the clique though. She was flavour of the month at the time and was being touted as a potential saviour of Scottish football.

Just now, The Dude said:

It was always about the money. Relegation was never being reversed.

I think they would have taken somewhere between. I do think they were under the impression they could be reinstated, but failing that would accept money.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

So you're not willing to use the report function,  much better to just piss and moan openly right?

It's like fucking high school in here at times.

If a post ever summed this place up, it's that one. Moan like fuck about me, get the chance to get rid of me and refuse. :lol:

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The Rangers board who agreed the season couldn't be completed, thus handing celtic the title.

You are being economical with the facts here. Rangers voted against the SPFL proposal to end the leagues on a PPG basis back at easter but it was carried after Dundee changed their vote.  This ended the lower three divisions but also passed authority to end the premiership to the SPFL board. A few weeks later the board consulted the premiership clubs about the timing of ending the top division, not whether to do so or not, that ship had already sailed. All twelve clubs including Rangers supported that motion but that is not the same as the Rangers board voting for the premiership to be ended on the PPG basis. I have had many arguments on social media with supporters of other clubs regarding the two separate votes and what they meant, but didnt expect a Rangers supporter to not see the distinction. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I do not think the war is over and think we may play the long game.

You've been saying that for months including thinking we still had something up our sleeves. 

It's over. Accept we've allowed it (or decided it wasn't worth fighting) - sooner everyone realises that the better.

There's no long game. 

We need to just try and win the league and stop 10 - which looks just as unlikely. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I get that, but it would still do the same 'disproportionate financial damage to members' that she is so vehemently opposed to. Moaning that the SPFL are going to financially damage her club then trying to financially damage the other 40 doesn't make much sense.

I get that too ,but why take one for the team from the mob  that saw fit to shaft you

that loss was also disproportionate  

Archived