SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

Just now, The Dude said:

If a post ever summed this place up, it's that one. Moan like fuck about me, get the chance to get rid of me and refuse. :lol:

You don't help tbh.  I sometimes wish you could learn to just ignore people too.  It would make life on here so much easier.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

I think they would have taken somewhere between. I do think they were under the impression they could be reinstated, but failing that would accept money.

Their claim was solely for cash. From what I've seen they likely couldn't have reversed it anyway as the arbitration act doesn't allow for resolutions that would hurt third parties who had acted in good faith.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Budge wasnt outside the clique though. She was flavour of the month at the time and was being touted as a potential saviour of Scottish football.

Only saying what I see.

I see tarriers, tarrier sympathisers and Rangers hating clubs benefiting most. In fact, all those on the spfl Board.

Just now, gogzy said:

You don't help tbh.  I sometimes wish you could learn to just ignore people too.  It would make life on here so much easier.

If folk want to claim absolute bollocks like I'm "morally corrupt" for not writing about child abuse, I'm going to push back.

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

You are being economical with the facts here. Rangers voted against the SPFL proposal to end the leagues on a PPG basis back at easter but it was carried after Dundee changed their vote.  This ended the lower three divisions but also passed authority to end the premiership to the SPFL board. A few weeks later the board consulted the premiership clubs about the timing of ending the top division, not whether to do so or not, that ship had already sailed. All twelve clubs including Rangers supported that motion but that is not the same as the Rangers board voting for the premiership to be ended on the PPG basis. I have had many arguments on social media with supporters of other clubs regarding the two separate votes and what they meant, but didnt expect a Rangers supporter to not see the distinction. 

Please don't mate. It's a really dark place. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If a post ever summed this place up, it's that one. Moan like fuck about me, get the chance to get rid of me and refuse. :lol:

Sadly I just skip over your posts these days which is a real shame coz in among all the argumentative , antagonistic  stuff you post is some fairly insightful stuff

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Can I go for a piss, sir? 😁

Changed days ,when we were at school you had to ask permission and depending on the mood of the teacher and who you were decided wether you were allowed to go for a piss ,even in P6 there was a guy in our class who would end up pissing himself ,and no it wasn’t me I had passed that stage at P5 

These days kids get to go to the toilet rather that on top of their school bags 😀

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Only saying what I see.

I see tarriers, tarrier sympathisers and Rangers hating clubs benefiting most. In fact, all those on the spfl Board.

Here's the sort of puff-pieces that were doing the rounds when she was elected to the board.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/100895/ann-budge-hasnt-put-a-foot-wrong-since-she-took-the-reins-at-hearts/

If folk want to claim absolute bollocks like I'm "morally corrupt" for not writing about child abuse, I'm going to push back.

Straight up no bullshit question , is there a reason you don’t write about it ?

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Why? nothing happens with the majority of the reports. I'd be amazed if you'd never been reported before.

As Gogzy said himself (and he's right) the shit you post isn't a banning offence in itself.

The problem is, your attitude. You enjoy walking the tightrope knowing you're a cunt but flying just underneath the ban hammer.

I think you're a taig apologist and the admin should act for that reason alone. The stuff you post, verbatim, taken in isolation isn't worthy of a ban but there's a common denominator in nearly every thread and it's you and your prick'ish attitude and your know-it-all manner. That should be worthy of a ban alone because every single thread that get's locked, a % of them directly involves you yet when the admin/mod says their piece on it it's an all-encompassing "going round in circles/petty arguments" or something along them lines.

If they cared about board harmony they'd just get shot of you and be done with it, because you've got a poisonous aura about you with everything you post. You enjoy it and it's not healthy for the forum.

That's just my opinion, no doubt an admin will tell me I'm wrong and how they make the decisions, not me etc - that's fine - but that's my opinion anyway (and others).

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

he is an idiot and he likes the attention, works/ worked for daily rhebel, says it all really.

5 minutes ago, Brubear said:

You are being economical with the facts here. Rangers voted against the SPFL proposal to end the leagues on a PPG basis back at easter but it was carried after Dundee changed their vote.  This ended the lower three divisions but also passed authority to end the premiership to the SPFL board. A few weeks later the board consulted the premiership clubs about the timing of ending the top division, not whether to do so or not, that ship had already sailed. All twelve clubs including Rangers supported that motion but that is not the same as the Rangers board voting for the premiership to be ended on the PPG basis. I have had many arguments on social media with supporters of other clubs regarding the two separate votes and what they meant, but didnt expect a Rangers supporter to not see the distinction. 

There's no being economical with the facts.

The clubs voted to end the lower eagues and give approval to award titles and relegate clubs, as part of that it also allowed the Premiership season to be called early. The vote was in April. The Premiership clubs agreed in May that the season couldn't be completed. Rangers, along with the other 11 Premiership clubs all agreed.

That's been confirmed directly to me by Rangers.

Here's the sort of puff-pieces that were doing the rounds when she was elected to the board.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/100895/ann-budge-hasnt-put-a-foot-wrong-since-she-took-the-reins-at-hearts/

She seems to be talking about now though. Now whether that's becausr things have changed, or because she's on the outside, I don't know. Or care tbh.

All I know is what she's describing and implying is there's a controlling gang. Id agree with that assessment. We're outside of it even when we're sitting at the table with them.

Just now, The Dude said:

There's no being economical with the facts.

The clubs voted to end the lower eagues and give approval to award titles and relegate clubs, as part of that it also allowed the Premiership season to be called early. The vote was in April. The Premiership clubs agreed in May that the season couldn't be completed. Rangers, along with the other 11 Premiership clubs all agreed.

That's been confirmed directly to me by Rangers.

Not arguing those facts, however when the second vote was taken the SPFL board already had the authority to end the premiership season, it was merely a vote about timing. For God's sake even Hearts voted for it at that stage as it didnt make any difference  

3 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Straight up no bullshit question , is there a reason you don’t write about it ?

Yes. It's fuck all to do with Rangers. I write about Rangers on a site called Rangers News where we write exclusively about Rangers. Where does stories about child abuse at any club other than Rangers fit on there?

I also do some matchday and feature interview stuff for a site called Not The Old Firm. It certainly doesnt fit into matchday content and we literally don't cover any Rangers/celtic stuff on that site (hence the name).

Most importantly. I'm not a crime writer. I'm a football one. I started this gig to write about football. Not folk abusing children. It's an incredibly sensitive subject matter and one that is much more tightly regulated under the IPSO editors code than writing about the latest Morelos rumours or why Colts should be allowed into the league system.

You wouldnt get a crime writer to do a 1200-word match report and player ratings on the whistle, no idea why people are so desperate for football writers to write about one of the most serious criminal offences there is.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

She seems to be talking about now though. Now whether that's becausr things have changed, or because she's on the outside, I don't know. Or care tbh.

All I know is what she's describing and implying is there's a controlling gang. Id agree with that assessment. We're outside of it even when we're sitting at the table with them.

It's because she's on the outside not getting her way. There was no complaints about a gang running the show then because she was part of the gang running the show.

7 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Why? nothing happens with the majority of the reports. I'd be amazed if you'd never been reported before.

As Gogzy said himself (and he's right) the shit you post isn't a banning offence in itself.

The problem is, your attitude. You enjoy walking the tightrope knowing you're a cunt but flying just underneath the ban hammer.

I think you're a taig apologist and the admin should act for that reason alone. The stuff you post, verbatim, taken in isolation isn't worthy of a ban but there's a common denominator in nearly every thread and it's you and your prick'ish attitude and your know-it-all manner. That should be worthy of a ban alone because every single thread that get's locked, a % of them directly involves you yet when the admin/mod says their piece on it it's an all-encompassing "going round in circles/petty arguments" or something along them lines.

If they cared about board harmony they'd just get shot of you and be done with it, because you've got a poisonous aura about you with everything you post. You enjoy it and it's not healthy for the forum.

That's just my opinion, no doubt an admin will tell me I'm wrong and how they make the decisions, not me etc - that's fine - but that's my opinion anyway (and others).

The irony of this post when you were concerned about a 'totalitarian' forum last week. 

Now you're saying that we should ban someone for 'board harmony'. 

How about you all just act like adults? 

I include TheDude in that.

4 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Not arguing those facts, however when the second vote was taken the SPFL board already had the authority to end the premiership season, it was merely a vote about timing. For God's sake even Hearts voted for it at that stage as it didnt make any difference  

It made a huge amount of difference. Do you think if half the clubs opposed the decision to end the premiership season that it wouldnt have completely changed a) the perception of it and b) given the clubs who insisted that it was desperately unfair a bit more credibility in their claims it was unfair?

Agreeing to do something when you know the consequences will be negative is naive at best.

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

A comment not lost on me that came out of Peter Mcguires gob when the EGM vote failed ,He said it was time to get Rangers back into the fold ,That told me he knew and possibly common knowledge that our input is not welcome as they are happy carrying on controlling things to suit themselves ,That’s not healthy at all 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is she right though?

In that it's a closed shop? Only to those who dont get their way.

Robertson's complaints are similar. Sitting on a board for a year and waiting until youre on the way out before saying 'oh by the way, this lot are fucking hopeless/corrupt' doesn't really give you much credibility. It's a bit like dumping your bird then telling her she was ugly anyway.

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

The irony of this post when you were concerned about a 'totalitarian' forum last week. 

Now you're saying that we should ban someone for 'board harmony'. 

How about you all just act like adults? 

I include TheDude in that.

How is wanting board harmony on a par with totalitarian'ism? if someone get's barred from a pub because they're a trouble maker, is the barman a dictator or something? it's the same thing.

I get you have to reply to that in defence of admin/mod decisions but that makes no sense at all.

Saying act like adults is fair enough - but surely you're not as blind to see that there's a cause and effect that goes on. No-one starts on the Dude for no reason. You need to notice the patterns and how the threads start to go wayward and you can pinpoint it easily enough. 

Archived