SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Why else make this public on a Sunday morning ? It can be nothing other than a shot across the bows.

Think that Rangers are skint and will just have to lie down ? Think again.

Like your thinking GiC :guns:

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Why else make this public on a Sunday morning ? It can be nothing other than a shot across the bows.

Think that Rangers are skint and will just have to lie down ? Think again.

I think we have been making early posts on our site to avoid papers claiming exclusives etc.

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Two sides to every coin. Only time will tell.

What I don’t get is this deadline of the 25th May by Uefa, is that only if you are not restarting the season as it’s seems the EPL will also restart?

Just now, BlueThunder said:

I think we have been making early posts on our site to avoid papers claiming exclusives etc.

Everyone knew and were writing about Castore for weeks but officially I get what you’re saying.

The SPFL should have been lobbying the SNP to allow our top flight to resume and all clubs should have been in training camps this week prior to a bcd restart next week.

It wasn’t that hard, as the gerries have proven and who I’ve backed from day 1 on their indication their season was restarting.

I’ll put another one out there, I’m guessing over 40% of our population have had C-19 with little or no symptoms but the fear mongering was ramped up by all for reasons unknown yet.

6 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The SPFL should have been lobbying the SNP to allow our top flight to resume and all clubs should have been in training camps this week prior to a bcd restart next week.

It wasn’t that hard, as the gerries have proven and who I’ve backed from day 1 on their indication their season was restarting.

I’ll put another one out there, I’m guessing over 40% of our population have had C-19 with little or no symptoms but the fear mongering was ramped up by all for reasons unknown yet.

The German experiment got off to a good start so valid point.

I disagree with your virus remark. Over 30,000 dead in the UK I believe. 

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I see it as the opposite. We made the announcement on a Sunday in knowing it would get no press tomorrow and the onslaught that follows in the coming days.

Only our board know the reason for the timing. I can speculate and you can speculate. Neither of us may be right.

But given the way our board have played their cards so far ? 

Uefa president Aleksander Cerefin says it has a "concrete plan" for finishing the European season "in August".

BBC Sport reported last month that the Champions League and Europa League are likely to be played in that month. 

The quarter-finals and semi-finals are expected to be played over two legs.

The head of European football's governing body told BeIN Sports: "As things look now, I'm sure that we can finish the European season and this means Uefa competition."

Coronavirus could cost European clubs £3.5bn

What did football's new reality look like?

Cerefin said the games will "have to be played without spectators" but hopes the "majority" of domestic leagues will complete the season.

The Premier League has nine rounds of fixtures remaining, while Paris St-Germain were awarded the Ligue 1 title after the French government cancelled the 2019-20 sporting season.

The German Bundesliga returned behind closed doors on 16 May and Spain's La Liga hopes to do the same in June after players returned to training.

Cerefin said leagues which do not complete the season "will still have to play qualifiers if they want to participate in Uefa competition" next season.

He added: "Only sporting reasons can be the formula for qualifying for the Champions League and Europa League."

Euro 2020, due to take place from 12 June to 12 July this summer, will now run from 11 June to 11 July next year after a decision to postpone in March.

Both semi-finals and the final are due to be held at London's Wembley Stadium with 11 other host cities: Amsterdam, Baku, Bilbao, Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Glasgow, Munich, Rome and St Petersburg. 

Cerefin said the idea is to "stay in the same cities" for the tournament in 2021 and Uefa has had "conversations with nine" of those host cities.

"With three cities, we have some issues. So we will discuss further, and in principle, we will do it in 12 cities. But if not, we are ready to do it in 10, nine or eight," he added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52698017

23 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Uefa president Aleksander Cerefin says it has a "concrete plan" for finishing the European season "in August".

BBC Sport reported last month that the Champions League and Europa League are likely to be played in that month. 

The quarter-finals and semi-finals are expected to be played over two legs.

The head of European football's governing body told BeIN Sports: "As things look now, I'm sure that we can finish the European season and this means Uefa competition."

Coronavirus could cost European clubs £3.5bn

What did football's new reality look like?

Cerefin said the games will "have to be played without spectators" but hopes the "majority" of domestic leagues will complete the season.

The Premier League has nine rounds of fixtures remaining, while Paris St-Germain were awarded the Ligue 1 title after the French government cancelled the 2019-20 sporting season.

The German Bundesliga returned behind closed doors on 16 May and Spain's La Liga hopes to do the same in June after players returned to training.

Cerefin said leagues which do not complete the season "will still have to play qualifiers if they want to participate in Uefa competition" next season.

He added: "Only sporting reasons can be the formula for qualifying for the Champions League and Europa League."

Euro 2020, due to take place from 12 June to 12 July this summer, will now run from 11 June to 11 July next year after a decision to postpone in March.

Both semi-finals and the final are due to be held at London's Wembley Stadium with 11 other host cities: Amsterdam, Baku, Bilbao, Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Glasgow, Munich, Rome and St Petersburg. 

Cerefin said the idea is to "stay in the same cities" for the tournament in 2021 and Uefa has had "conversations with nine" of those host cities.

"With three cities, we have some issues. So we will discuss further, and in principle, we will do it in 12 cities. But if not, we are ready to do it in 10, nine or eight," he added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52698017

Are the taigs finally going home ? :UK:

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Yes the players are a lot to blame but it’s never over until it’s over.

helicopter sunday

Man U when they won the CL in the last few minutes 

Liverpool v Milan

6881E95B-D930-490F-91F6-8E6B85801F1B.png

They spelt tramps wrong....

29 minutes ago, Swally said:

Does anyone else think there are too many people counting their chickens a bit early with regard to football starting back up?

The German restart experiment has just started.

Playing a contact sport whilst people are being told to only go out if necessary is absolutely mental.

Why does football think it’s above people’s health?

Money above health and safety?

Football sickens me more and more every day.

The biggest sport on the planet turning itself into a money orientated borefest.

My son doesn’t take much interest in the game anymore and to be honest with you I don’t blame him. 

If I grew up with the game the way it is today I think I would have fell away from it too.

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Playing a contact sport whilst people are being told to only go out if necessary is absolutely mental.

Why does football think it’s above people’s health?

Money above health and safety?

Football sickens me more and more every day.

The biggest sport on the planet turning itself into a money orientated borefest.

My son doesn’t take much interest in the game anymore and to be honest with you I don’t blame him. 

If I grew up with the game the way it is today I think I would have fell away from it too.

It's mental

It reminds me of a nuclear power station I used to work at, they always said safety is our number one priority.

Well shut it down and decommission it then!

You're right, money is first and it feels like health only over-rides it when it will make the company look bad/makes the business inoperable. 

Even although I align with the conservatives more than anyone else, thatcherism has well and truly fucked the country and I doubt we'll ever recover from it - I think it's only going to get worse.

3 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

scum on bikes on their holidays and all I wonder is whether it was Doncaster taking the photographs. 

It was golum as he is usually standing outside Ibrox, wonder why he can't get in...

I see the tarriers have been busy vandalising Ibrox spray painting sectarian slogans and putting up loads of nine in a row stickers etc.

Sun has went with the headline ‘cheeky celtic fans wind up rivals’.

Now can you imagine the difference in reporting if someone went over to the piggery and spray painted ‘fenian bastrds’ all over the place?

After Jackson’s performance the last couple of weeks and now this in the Sun its time the club banned the Record and Sun from Ibrox and removed all the press privileges from all their reporters. 👍🏻

46 minutes ago, Swally said:

Does anyone else think there are too many people counting their chickens a bit early with regard to football starting back up?

The German restart experiment has just started.

Nope, definitely not and I’m 100% behind the Germans and their health advisors.

They’ve all been quarantined together for 7 days and even the current UK the guidance advice is we can still work in small groups.

Im sure they’ve all had the anti bodies test with many of the players probably already had it.

I’m also sure they’ll be continued retesting. 

Contact time is also minimal and it’s about risk reduction to an acceptable level and not zero risk.

I applaud the Germans taking the lead with a practical approach and not having cowed to the fear mongering. 

Future epidemiological studies will show that the risk of C-19 to young, athletic footballers will be negligible and any naysayers out there remember this post when I’ve been proven correct.

Of course, I can rightly be slaughtered if I’m wrong, which I won’t be.

Doesn't seem to matter what we try and do, we just can't seem to win fuck all right now, and tbh I can't see that changing anytime soon, totally fucking scunnered with everything in this shitehole right now!

Archived