SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

6 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

I agree but its not looking good.

What’s not looking good? 

Do you think we completely did a u-turn after all that has gone before?  

Imo I think we told them to fuck off on Friday and do what they want and perhaps now we consider our next steps. 
if not then it’s another tainted title.  

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, siamthedanger said:

Thinking about the whole situation...

Another failed season with no silverware, dropping points twice to the bottom of the league team and getting punted out the Scottish Cup by them. Absolutely sick of this. 

I don't agree that the league should of been called like this and it should of been null and voided but we now need to focus on next season. Do we really believe Gerrard is the guy to bring us 55?!

The whole 'rebuild look how far we have come' nonsense is getting tiring and we can't keep using it season after season.

What's your alternative?

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

That meeting for "anyway to complete the season" was on Friday.

Today was all about crossing t's and dotting i's. There was not another vote.

We agreed that the season was over.

BBC say the final decision was taken this morning

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52646282

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

It wasnt ignored. It went before the other 41 clubs. 2/3s said there was nothing wrong. It was quashed by the clubs.

Poor governance was highlighted ,it’s been ignored ,only a full investigation would have quashed it ,the poor governance and innuendo still exist ,It’s been a case of carry on regardless so ignoring the allegations 

McLennan said he wanted to sit down with the clubs who voted for an investigation ,that ain’t happening either 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

They can be as motivated as you want, the corruption in Scottish football would mean we would need a team that could compete in the top six in England to be able to counteract that corruption allowing us to participate equally on the field. 

Our whole club is built upon the idea of not giving into excuses, that's how we were so successful. Excuses spread like a cancer, even if they're good excuses - if you can't do anything about it then in that moment forget about it and overcome it by any other means. This means being so good on the pitch no one can cheat us out of anything - that's within our power.

When they got Dundee to change thier vote this was always coming next. It's sickening. 

Awaiting our club statement. I'm expecting something along the lines of we agreed that the season couldn't be completed but we didn't agree to champions etc. 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

We objected to the original resolution that was passed by the other clubs. The moment that happened the league was done. We agree that there is no way the season can be completed and as per the voting of the SPFL clubs that means the league is called. 

Likewise, Hearts.

Lawwell must piss himself Laughing that Robertson represents us.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

They'd have given them the title if we were one point behind and declared us "winners" not "champions" if we were one point ahead. There is no doubt about that in my mind.

That's just an excuse to make ourselves feel better. We fucked it.

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

If Gerrard can't see this then we're fucked, simple as that. Gerrard's a winner obviously, he has to be ruthless now or he's going to fuck his own career up.

Aye agreed. I do think Stevie has the right mentality, eg when he was criticised for saying the players weren’t good enough he didn’t shite it and he was right. I think if he can identify players who have that same mentality and give the right reaction we will do well

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It was unamous as published in the daily rags. The SPFL stated it couldn't be announced because the sheep used the wrong wording on the vote as in 'concenous' as opposed to 'unanimous' in the minutes and had to be corrected as the story goes.

I concede defeat on that point. I was simply giving too much credence to something I read and not checked the facts.

Just now, Swally said:

Our whole club is built upon the idea of not giving into excuses, that's how we were so successful. Excuses spread like a cancer, even if they're good excuses - if you can't do anything about it then in that moment forget about it and overcome it by any other means. This means being so good on the pitch no one can cheat us out of anything - that's within our power.

Yes fair enough but at this point it’s not about winning on the park. We have an opportunity to beat them off it and if we don’t take it that doesn’t signify the objective of our teams fighting spirit. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

You realise that it doesn't matter who sits  on that board representing us?  Marginalised at every turn by the cabal....at least he's gone back to the club and we've applied some pressure as a club.  

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

What’s not looking good? 

Do you think we completely did a u-turn after all that has gone before?  

Imo I think we told them to fuck off on Friday and do what they want and perhaps now we consider our next steps. 
if not then it’s another tainted title.  

Cool. I would really like a prompt update from the club.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He knows he can ragdoll Rangers any time he wants, when we have people like Robertson in our corner. 

We are an easy and soft target. 

They have absolutely no fear when it comes to us. 

Archived