SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

It's not about winning the battle, it's about point of principle. 

I accepted at the start celtic were getting a title they never won.

I'd never accept Rangers accepting it.

That's the point. 

I understand what you are saying but I don't think Rangers have dropped their principles, I think the next battle will start when they are crowned champions from a dodgy vote giving the Spfl powers they shouldn't have had.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck me man, the feel good  factor of the forum has gone.

It might be worth remembering we knew  we would never win the vote, and we were in this for the long haul. We also knew the taigs would be gifted the title this season and there was nothing we could do about it.

So why are we suddenly turning against the club after it has been showing some balls recently?

We have been enamoured with our board due to their intelligence and calm in the face of a mass propaganda machine  directing  hate towards them  at every oppertunity.

Suddenly we want our board to come out and say "They  taig cunts urnae gettin the title!"

Can we no reevaluate things and get back behind the club?

Just now, bornabear said:

The filth came out within hours of this virus claiming the title and have continued along that line, lemon, Lego, Tim, dick and hairy and now japeyes have said it.

Rangers have always said,  play the season to a finish, as said by SG , DP, our PR and everyone who would listen.

That has always been our club line and I agree with it. It's a question of how the fact that it cannot be completed is now the current issue. That sham of a vote is forever tainted.

Ask yourself if it would be passed today ? Not a chance.

9 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I doubt if UEFA have any concerns over lower leagues. The big 5 is all that matters to them.

True mate, but we're talking about some lowlife saying Rangers want them to get the title.

That lowlife being  keech.

46 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

If that piece in the Record is right and Rangers have no objection to handing celtic this title, then Rangers are a fucking disgrace.

I don't care who wants to disagree or pipe up with some bullshit reason to back the clubs stance. There's no excuse or justification for it and it undermines a lot of what we've done upto this point in our fight against the SPFL.

Since when do we believe what’s written in the Record FS!

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

It might be worth remembering we knew  we would never win the vote, and we were in this for the long haul. We also knew the taigs would be gifted the title this season and there was nothing we could do about it.

So why are we suddenly turning against the club after it has been showing some balls recently?

We have been enamoured with our board due to their intelligence and calm in the face of a mass propaganda machine  directing  hate towards them  at every oppertunity.

Suddenly we want our board to come out and say "They  taig cunts urnae gettin the title!"

Time for some feel good factor back on this day 12 years ago.

17 minutes ago, Swally said:

Whatever we are doing, because none of us actually know what's happening yet, might take a hit if we take a hard line and try to prevent the scum taking the title. Our board might have seen it as a futile endeavour, which would only hurt us going forward.

My thoughts exactly. I think the board have been holding the high ground in this whole affair and are smart enough to realise that any objection will be spun in to sour grapes. Personally I imagine the board, mgt staff etc, are as unhappy as we are but the narrative would be dragged down to it being a ‘Rangers’ v SPFL/ celtic issue taking the impetus off of the united front approach that 30% of the membership have shown. They’ve played this very well so far and I have no issue in trusting this newfound determination ‘and tangible action’ to progress at the rate they see best of achieving some level of success (even if it is longer than we would all like)...

1 minute ago, bornabear said:

True mate, but we're talking about us saying Rangers want them to get the title.

I am 100% certain that our board do not want them to get the title. Willing to concede the CL place ? Probably.

4 minutes ago, Swally said:

👏👏👍

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Since when do we believe what’s written in the Record FS!

I've covered it about half a dozen times already.

and you've ignored me saying "if true" also

The papers aren't always wrong.

There's plenty evidence out there that this might be Rangers stance.

A few folk are going to looking fucking stupid when they get awarded it and there's zero fight from Rangers. 

That's all I'm saying. Quote away all you want with the same inane replies about "believing the papers" etc 

Just now, bornabear said:

That's a day I will never forget.

No the result though.

It's just annoying we didn't really go for it, but you can't really be negative towards Walter, he did get us there after all.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

A few folk are going to looking fucking stupid when they get awarded it and there's zero fight from Rangers. 

That's all I'm saying. Quote away all you want with the same inane replies about "believing the papers" etc 

Looking in from afar I would say that the Scottish tabloids are almost always wrong. They print little but click bait.

Rangers may not contest the title (at the current time) but down the road they may well.

5 minutes ago, Swally said:

a lot of Rangers fan unfortunately are just too passionate and without composure. Like your points state we knew what/is coming but some of our own cant help themselves. These will be the same people filling up away games when the football starts.

our chairman has shown extremely high levels of morality and class. But most importantly shown he will not bottle it like the rest of the clubs.

16 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Sorry again mate, but  you should have left it after the " if true" part in your first post .

That would have saved all to to and froing.

We are one big family, we all love the same thing, Christ, we even love you. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Looking in from afar I would say that the Scottish tabloids are almost always wrong. They print little but click bait.

Rangers may not contest the title (at the current time) but down the road they may well.

That's just simply not true. Just because we all hate them it doesn't mean it's true.

1 minute ago, bornabear said:

Sorry again mate, but  you should have left it after the " if true" part in your first post .

That would have saved all to to and froing.

We are one big family, we all the same thing, Christ, we even love you. :thumbup:

It's not upto me to leave it at that though mate when I keep getting quoted on it. 

5 minutes ago, Swally said:

It's just annoying we didn't really go for it, but you can't really be negative towards Walter, he did get us there after all.

the occasion outlives the result every time. A day in my life i will never ever forget. I could hear the banging of the drums echoing off the city walls as i entered manchester.

It was like we won a battle and came to claim our reward. Manchester was ours that day.

3 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

a lot of Rangers fan unfortunately are just too passionate and without composure. Like your points state we knew what/is coming but some of our own cant help themselves. These will be the same people filling up away games when the football starts.

our chairman has shown extremely high levels of morality and class. But most importantly shown he will not bottle it like the rest of the clubs.

Post of the day.

Apologies to eejay. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Time for some feel good factor back on this day 12 years ago.

Not easily forgotten for me, I was in a hospital bed trying to watch it after getting an op for cancer, 12 years on and  still going strong same as my club 💙 Rangers.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Not easily forgotten for me, I was in a hospital bed trying to watch it after getting an op for cancer, 12 years on and  still going strong same as my club 💙 Rangers.

Shite luck mate, but glad you made the recovery

Archived