SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

It kept some amused on here , most of us knew they were going to do what they always do , fuck all.

This board are interested in season ticket money , fuck all else matters......

You think Rangers did everything they have in the last month to boost ticket sales?

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Does anyone think our board will continue to pursue Doncaster and the rest or is this the end of the road? 

I suppose it kept us all amused for a few weeks but I feel let down once again IF we just forget about it all. Obviously I hope I am wrong, but the silence is making me get negative vibes.

Thought they were doing well with this at the time, and that they’d have something much more impactful for the EGM.

Given the high level of support needed to get our II, I’m disappointed they didn’t know they’d never clear the threshold.

While there are very obviously areas which need looking at & would have been quite wrong to sit on, we might have been as well getting the whole lot out there straight off & seeing what the fallout was (and saving getting our hopes up that we had some master stroke up our sleeves, for so long).

Instead, the gap to the meeting allowed SPFL’s side to drown our concerns & show us up.

Now I get all the ‘procedural’ stuff, but I’m like you in feeling let down, if there’s to be no follow through and Plan B.

A cynical mind might say it was to look like we weren’t taking things lying down, while they got the ST launch under way.

36 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Does anyone think our board will continue to pursue Doncaster and the rest or is this the end of the road? 

I suppose it kept us all amused for a few weeks but I feel let down once again IF we just forget about it all. Obviously I hope I am wrong, but the silence is making me get negative vibes.

It's over.

Back to business as usual.

29 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I so much hope that you are wrong but with every passing day and no statement from the board my spirits sink a little bit more.

Don't understand it as this is the best opportunity we have ever had to strike back at the cabal.

:thumbup:

If it is the end at the moment, I would like to be told because it is the hope that kills you as the saying goes.

29 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

It kept some amused on here , most of us knew they were going to do what they always do , fuck all.

This board are interested in season ticket money , fuck all else matters......

I have always been sceptical mate but hoped it was going to be different this time.

26 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I think they will ,they know just aswell as we do that we are playing with one hand tied behind our backs with this shower in charge ,And will want rid ,They will also know just like we knew that the vote was always going to fail ,

Ideally we would have liked a few more to vote with us ,but 13 votes does leave a cloud over the SPFL board and we now know that there are enough people unhappy with the amateurish set up that change is needed 

I am less hopeful than you but hope you are right.

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Thought they were doing well with this at the time, and that they’d have something much more impactful for the EGM.

Given the high level of support needed to get our II, I’m disappointed they didn’t know they’d never clear the threshold.

While there are very obviously areas which need looking at & would have been quite wrong to sit on, we might have been as well getting the whole lot out there straight off & seeing what the fallout was (and saving getting our hopes up that we had some master stroke up our sleeves, for so long).

Instead, the gap to the meeting allowed SPFL’s side to drown our concerns & show us up.

Now I get all the ‘procedural’ stuff, but I’m like you in feeling let down, if there’s to be no follow through and Plan B.

A cynical mind might say it was to look like we weren’t taking things lying down, while they got the ST launch under way.

I think you have covered that all very well and the 'we will not be found wanting' quote seems a long time ago.

Time will tell, but I think this thread is now a bit redundant. 

35 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I so much hope that you are wrong but with every passing day and no statement from the board my spirits sink a little bit more.

Don't understand it as this is the best opportunity we have ever had to strike back at the cabal.

I think this is simple.

The game here is a trainwreck. Corrupted towards the glory of one. 

This virus has only put it more on it's arse.

We had our skirmish. Rattled a few cages, but that is where it ends. We need investment and that is where our priority now lies. All minds now focussed on that.

Whilst Liewell breathes, we are not winning any war. His allies are too many, as is the hate that remains towards us.

So it's back to business as usual. We can only hope that we have a bit more resolve than before.

The board came out with something like 'The status quo cannot continue' but have said nothing since. If they are beavering away in the background then that has to be said. We don't need details that may undermine their case but just reassurance that this matter has not been abandoned.

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

:thumbup:

If it is the end at the moment, I would like to be told because it is the hope that kills you as the saying goes.

I have always been sceptical mate but hoped it was going to be different this time.

I am less hopeful than you but hope you are right.

I think you have covered that all very well and the 'we will not be found wanting' quote seems a long time ago.

Time will tell, but I think this thread is now a bit redundant. 

Nice round up, Bru.

I think a lot of us had hoped dashed.

I was prepared to be optimistic & give the ‘new’ regime a chance, rather than my usual, jaded take on matters.

Was also hopeful that the concept of doing the right thing would override naked self-interest - I’ll learn, one of these days.....

9 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

The board came out with something like 'The status quo cannot continue' but have said nothing since. If they are beavering away in the background then that has to be said. We don't need details that may undermine their case but just reassurance that this matter has not been abandoned.

This👍

10 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think you are probably right.

If that proves to be the case I will not be taken in again that is for sure. 

I wouldn’t mind, but one of my all time favourite tunes is The Who’s classic🙈

31 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Well said, they’ve had long enough to celebrate their tainted title. It’s time to get the important issue of removing the corruption in Scottish football back on the agenda. 

I think the board will keep at it but it's the proverbial marathon. The main thing is to continue questioning the processes, attitudes and decision making of the sfa and spfl. Let them away with nothing. We also need to capture the narrative, you only need to read what the likes of Jackoff and co to see how patronising and skewed it is. We also need that investment. Winning will itself help turn the narrative, that's for damn sure.

2 hours ago, HG5 said:

So much wrong with that article in presentation, before you get to what it’s about.

They’re flouting lockdown - but it’s described as ‘party time’.

It’s a ‘boozy celebration’ - ah, not deliberately breaking social distancing rules then?

’The Hoops’ - so we’re descending into jokey, fanzine vernacular to appeal to the lowest common denominator and, of course, deflect from a serious issue by not using the proper name more than they have to.

Seems to me they’re bragging, rather than complaining.

Should have just said:

’Cellik fans flout lockdown restrictions - what are you going to do about it?’

Brilliant post mate.

9 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I think the board will keep at it but it's the proverbial marathon. The main thing is to continue questioning the processes, attitudes and decision making of the sfa and spfl. Let them away with nothing. We also need to capture the narrative, you only need to read what the likes of Jackoff and co to see how patronising and skewed it is. We also need that investment. Winning will itself help turn the narrative, that's for damn sure.

They do what they want and we are powerless to stop them. 

They have control of the media and control the narrative 

Beating them on the park won’t change the media narrative or how we are treated by the SFA/SPFL,  to fix the fucking mess we’re in will take a generation, they’ve been building their wee taig empire for decades. We need to start building our own wee empire.

8 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Fair comments mate. Let’s not forget, the board did try in the last few weeks to get Scottish football to a better place. However, as we saw after the votes too many teams shit their fucking pants. They’re so used to this corruption that they think it’s the norm and won’t question it as long as they get their wee dribs and drabs to keep them afloat. We all know it, there are too many so called professional teams in Scotland. Time for many of them to go out of business. There is no respect in the corridors of the Scottish game. Then there’s the media as you say. Where do you start with that? I would really like to think the board are working on things in the background, and they do release a statement telling us where we are going next, but would that not play into the hands of our detractors? Right now, hopefully the football comes back soon and we move forward and use our resources to build a team that is going to change the narrative. It might be all we have at this time. 

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I take it still no statement from the club ?    Absolutely disgraceful,  they are not slow in defending a directors son, they are not slow at taking our money, now stand up for us for God sake is all we ask.

So we attack our enemy's then run back to,our bunker and bury our heads in the sand?    Disgraceful and no board of Rangers should be staying silent.  

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

Nice round up, Bru.

I think a lot of us had hoped dashed.

I was prepared to be optimistic & give the ‘new’ regime a chance, rather than my usual, jaded take on matters.

Was also hopeful that the concept of doing the right thing would override naked self-interest - I’ll learn, one of these days.....

It seems like we were taken in once again. :huh:

Spfl executive again doing as the wish

I said day's ago I think reconstruction is a cert

Sounds like the SPFL Executive are aiminig to by-pass the requirement for an 11-1 vote in the Premier Division for league expansion. They are going to tear up the current rule book to make it a 9-3 requirement for a 14 team top division by the look of it.

"It's really important that any club makes its own decisions because they are an independent business," Doncaster told Sky Sports News on Wednesday.

"Although they are one of 42 member clubs within the league, each club - and the board of each club - has to do what's right for their club.

"But any action that's taken by any member against the league ultimately is taken against members as a whole.

"We don't hold reserves year to year, so any action that any one individual club takes, effectively the burden of that would fall on all the other members."

"Ann Budge of Hearts is keen to come back again with another resolution looking at reconstruction around an enlarged Premiership," Doncaster said.

"Clearly that would have the consequence of effectively avoiding relegation for those clubs relegated as a result of the early curtailment of season 19-20, so that would be certainly Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer if that were to come to pass.

"It's something that a number of clubs have said they are open minded about and I think there is a sympathy for the position that the relegated clubs find themselves in and we'll see where it goes.

"We await the proposal and I know that a lot of clubs will want to look at it with a really open mind."

"Any change would certainly need to go to a vote and it really depends what form of process Hearts choose to go down," Doncaster said.

"We have members' resolutions, board resolutions, possible potential for an EGM, and I know that we at the centre will be doing what we can to support those efforts and it'll remain to be seen whether they are supported by member clubs in the numbers that are required.

"It is likely that any expansion would need 11 out of the 12 Premiership clubs to approve it and then 75 per cent effectively of other clubs.

"But again it does depend on the detail - the devil is in the detail here - but we are certainly looking forward to seeing the proposal and as and when we see it we can share it with member clubs and have a broader discussion."

Archived