SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The cynic would even suggest Rangers  had the SFA inquest dropped as a bargaining chip , not going down legal route 

And took it right up the brown box as they have done for years . Could be wrong of course

That would imo answer the silence. 

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Doncaster once again holding out carrot of reconstruction. Desperate to avoid a court case he cannot win.

Hearts should go just ahead and if the SPFL are destroyed and some clubs go the wall then so be it. 

We need to stop all this mate . for the best part of a month , predicting what might happen in our favour, getting our hopes up and all that .As we have seen , it just hasn't worked out this way , in any shape or form .

Now I'm left angry as fuck with the ST renewals and the rip off charge for applying for away tickets .Disgusted with them in all honesty 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We need to stop all this mate . for the best part of a month , predicting what might happen in our favour, getting our hopes up and all that .As we have seen , it just hasn't worked out this way , in any shape or form .

Now I'm left angry as fuck with the ST renewals and the rip off charge for applying for away tickets .Disgusted with them in all honesty 

All legal opinion that I have seen states that the original Dundee vote must stand. Therefore the resolution failed. It is from that resolution that all else stems.

I too feel frustration from the lack of communication from the board.

Probably looking too much into this and clutching at straws but at this moment of time SFA haven’t giving an official recognition of celtic tainted title. We might not get to hear of everything that’s going on, maybe there is an appeal currently being held ?

21 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The cynic would even suggest Rangers  had the SFA inquest dropped as a bargaining chip , not going down legal route 

And took it right up the brown box as they have done for years . Could be wrong of course

Or to play devil’s advocate the SFA knowing it would fail deliberately announced It at this time to make us think it’s being used as a bargaining tool so we turn on the board

Divide and conquer 

If reconstruction gets back on the table, Doncaster appears willing to rip up the rule book so who knows, I hope that we propose 2 leagues of 18-20 teams end the split and tell Sky to take a hike.

If nothing else it would at least bring a much needed breath of fresh air plus soothing those who have been unfairly relegated or not been given a shot at the play offs.

tarriers winners, hearts escape relegation, all second place teams ( except Rangers) rewarded by being promoted, SC to be played.

How can you rewrite rules like this? It's a joke and an absolute shambles.

SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan said: “Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to officially congratulate celtic on their achievement of winning the Ladbrokes Premiership this season, and also to sincerely commiserate with Hearts on their relegation.

Should it not be the SFA the govern body that officially declares who has won? 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

tarriers winners, hearts escape relegation, all second place teams ( except Rangers) rewarded by being promoted, SC to be played.

How can you rewrite rules like this? It's a joke and an absolute shambles.

Not at all. It's all about keeping one club happy. If scum are happy then all is well with the world. As any tarrier will tell you rules are to be made up to suit the occasion.

4 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Does anyone think our board will continue to pursue Doncaster and the rest or is this the end of the road? 

I suppose it kept us all amused for a few weeks but I feel let down once again IF we just forget about it all. Obviously I hope I am wrong, but the silence is making me get negative vibes.

The silence isn't good.

If we don't hear something soon, looks like they have given up. 

You can't say reconstruction is 11-1 then change to 9-3 because you are petrified Hearts will take you to court and every corrupt detail will be revealed.

If Rangers do continue, they will have to tread carefully. They will look for any reason to hit us with bringing the game into disrepute. And we all know what the penalty would be.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The silence isn't good.

If we don't hear something soon, looks like they have given up. 

That is unfortunately my view as well. I will never believe a word they say again if this is the end. 

35 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Or to play devil’s advocate the SFA knowing it would fail deliberately announced It at this time to make us think it’s being used as a bargaining tool so we turn on the board

Divide and conquer 

That’s always possibility 

Yet with our boards track record .Until they stand up and be counted .We can only guess 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You can't say reconstruction is 11-1 then change to 9-3 because you are petrified Hearts will take you to court and every corrupt detail will be revealed.

If Rangers do continue, they will have to tread carefully. They will look for any reason to hit us with bringing the game into disrepute. And we all know what the penalty would be.

I can’t think any penalty would be worse than total corruption  tbh 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

I don't think anyone will mate.

We are all tired of talk and no action from the board. 

I honestly thought there had been a change with King leaving the board, but it seems we got that wrong.

I will still be renewing my ST this week, but the board have just gone back to where they were it seems, no fight unless it is one of themselves. 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Its divide and conquer now by the SPFL. Give the clubs that voted with us for independent investigation what they want and leave us standing alone. 

2019 £2,748,000    
2018 £2,332,000    
2017 £2,216,000    
2016 £5,689,000    
2015 £875,000

Cash that the SPFL showed in their accounts at the end of each of the last 5 seasons. Gives me pause for thought although no doubt Doncaster could explain it all away.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I thought we were happy if that inquest went ahead seeing as everything would have came out if it did? 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I honestly thought there had been a change with King leaving the board, but it seems we got that wrong.

I will still be renewing my ST this week, but the board have just gone back to where they were it seems, no fight unless it is one of themselves. 

We did seem to finally be more aggressive then before. 

But it's looking like a lot of bark and no bite. 

We just need to see what the board say next. If they remain silent a lot longer, it's as good as admitting they are done. 

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If they do that then they are again shooting themselves in the foot again. They are showing that they can changes rules so why not change rules to give the clubs their money. 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Spfl executive again doing as the wish

I said day's ago I think reconstruction is a cert

Sounds like the SPFL Executive are aiminig to by-pass the requirement for an 11-1 vote in the Premier Division for league expansion. They are going to tear up the current rule book to make it a 9-3 requirement for a 14 team top division by the look of it.

"It's really important that any club makes its own decisions because they are an independent business," Doncaster told Sky Sports News on Wednesday.

"Although they are one of 42 member clubs within the league, each club - and the board of each club - has to do what's right for their club.

"But any action that's taken by any member against the league ultimately is taken against members as a whole.

"We don't hold reserves year to year, so any action that any one individual club takes, effectively the burden of that would fall on all the other members."

"Ann Budge of Hearts is keen to come back again with another resolution looking at reconstruction around an enlarged Premiership," Doncaster said.

"Clearly that would have the consequence of effectively avoiding relegation for those clubs relegated as a result of the early curtailment of season 19-20, so that would be certainly Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer if that were to come to pass.

"It's something that a number of clubs have said they are open minded about and I think there is a sympathy for the position that the relegated clubs find themselves in and we'll see where it goes.

"We await the proposal and I know that a lot of clubs will want to look at it with a really open mind."

"Any change would certainly need to go to a vote and it really depends what form of process Hearts choose to go down," Doncaster said.

"We have members' resolutions, board resolutions, possible potential for an EGM, and I know that we at the centre will be doing what we can to support those efforts and it'll remain to be seen whether they are supported by member clubs in the numbers that are required.

"It is likely that any expansion would need 11 out of the 12 Premiership clubs to approve it and then 75 per cent effectively of other clubs.

"But again it does depend on the detail - the devil is in the detail here - but we are certainly looking forward to seeing the proposal and as and when we see it we can share it with member clubs and have a broader discussion."

They are openly telling clubs make sure you have the ideal plan and we’ll make sure it goes through. 

Archived