SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We did seem to finally be more aggressive then before. 

But it's looking like a lot of bark and no bite. 

We just need to see what the board say next. If they remain silent a lot longer, it's as good as admitting they are done. 

Yes I agree with that. :thumbup:

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reconstruction has always been and will always be a no go.

Hearts are only looking for a bigger parachute payment.

They'll be no changing of the rules from 11-1 to 9-3 when at least 7 Premiership clubs are unwilling to take a massive cut in their payments next season.

There will be compensation payments to some degree for clubs affected financially by the resolution.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They'll be no changing of the rules from 11-1 to 9-3 when at least 7 Premiership clubs are unwilling to take a massive cut in their payments next season.

There will be compensation payments to some degree for clubs affected financially by the resolution.

Would you back up your post with a bet? Because I wouldn't. 

24 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That is unfortunately my view as well. I will never believe a word they say again if this is the end. 

I am at the polar opposite. I think this is the time to sit back, shut up and wait on events unfolding; choose your time to strike. Rangers over the last few weeks have shone a big spotlight on the SPFL and a third of clubs agreed with us that it needs looked at and the SPFL can't be trusted to be honest about themselves. I am sure things will be happening in the background, if not us then other clubs will be voicing their thoughts about recent events. When you stir the pot you have to wait to see what rises. I think that is where we are now and sharpening our knives again.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Haven't ever betted lad. Let's just see what more shit Doncaster, MacLennan and McKenzie will come up now.

highresrollsafe.jpg

Well I like to bet and I'm pretty sure hearts will escape relegation.

2 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I am at the polar opposite. I think this is the time to sit back, shut up and wait on events unfolding; choose your time to strike. Rangers over the last few weeks have shone a big spotlight on the SPFL and a third of clubs agreed with us that it needs looked at and the SPFL can't be trusted to be honest about themselves. I am sure things will be happening in the background, if not us then other clubs will be voicing their thoughts about recent events. When you stir the pot you have to wait to see what rises. I think that is where we are now and sharpening our knives again.

Jez,I hope you're right ZZed ;-)

9 minutes ago, ZZed said:

That is how I look at it in my optimistic moods. Deep down I do not think that our board have given up.

2 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Jez,I hope you're right ZZed ;-)

I just think we put a cat amounst the pigeons and we are waiting to see where the pigeons land again. I think a lot of clubs voted it down through gritted teeth because of the pressure they were under but know Rangers are right about the SPFL and extension septic having the SPFL in their pocket. Some other clubs know something needs done to fix a broken system but they can't afford to do anything now, so go with the status qou until the next eruption (that Rangers will probable provide) and if you are in a finacially better place you may be able to speak up without the SPFL hold a gun to you head about money.

Budge is cutting an increasingly tragic and desperate figure.

She’s been thrown a “we’ll see” like a parent says to a child wanting a new toy and she’s clinging on to it as if there’s a hope of salvation there.

Your team has been well and truly fucked hen and you either take it on the chin or you go legal where you have two reputable legal opinions (plus your own former chairman, also a lawyer) that state there are questions to answer.

Either way, don’t massage the egos of cunts like Doncaster by begging for workarounds or some eleventh hour miracle because that wankstain will only do what suits his boss.

28 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I am happy for you to think like that mate, but I feel you will be disappointed just like me, but at a much later date.

I will be glad to say I got it wrong if it turns out I am.  :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Sky Sports Breaking News there :

celtic have informed Juventus if they don't want the Seria A title, they will take it.

They’ve also claimed Eurovision, just deciding whether to claim it for UK or Ireland.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Spfl executive again doing as the wish

I said day's ago I think reconstruction is a cert

Sounds like the SPFL Executive are aiminig to by-pass the requirement for an 11-1 vote in the Premier Division for league expansion. They are going to tear up the current rule book to make it a 9-3 requirement for a 14 team top division by the look of it.

"It's really important that any club makes its own decisions because they are an independent business," Doncaster told Sky Sports News on Wednesday.

"Although they are one of 42 member clubs within the league, each club - and the board of each club - has to do what's right for their club.

"But any action that's taken by any member against the league ultimately is taken against members as a whole.

"We don't hold reserves year to year, so any action that any one individual club takes, effectively the burden of that would fall on all the other members."

"Ann Budge of Hearts is keen to come back again with another resolution looking at reconstruction around an enlarged Premiership," Doncaster said.

"Clearly that would have the consequence of effectively avoiding relegation for those clubs relegated as a result of the early curtailment of season 19-20, so that would be certainly Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer if that were to come to pass.

"It's something that a number of clubs have said they are open minded about and I think there is a sympathy for the position that the relegated clubs find themselves in and we'll see where it goes.

"We await the proposal and I know that a lot of clubs will want to look at it with a really open mind."

"Any change would certainly need to go to a vote and it really depends what form of process Hearts choose to go down," Doncaster said.

"We have members' resolutions, board resolutions, possible potential for an EGM, and I know that we at the centre will be doing what we can to support those efforts and it'll remain to be seen whether they are supported by member clubs in the numbers that are required.

"It is likely that any expansion would need 11 out of the 12 Premiership clubs to approve it and then 75 per cent effectively of other clubs.

"But again it does depend on the detail - the devil is in the detail here - but we are certainly looking forward to seeing the proposal and as and when we see it we can share it with member clubs and have a broader discussion."

I'm sure the rules are that if member clubs (currently 42) increase or decrease then it's an 11-1 vote, but if it's to do with shuffling the 42 into different league sizes then its the 75% as per the last vote.

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

The cynic would even suggest Rangers  had the SFA inquest dropped as a bargaining chip , not going down legal route 

And took it right up the brown box as they have done for years . Could be wrong of course

It’s been a dead duck for years that story anyway 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

The spfl can only make compensatory payments with clubs money, including ours.

Fuck that for Hearts.

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The spfl can only make compensatory payments with clubs money, including ours.

Fuck that for Hearts.

The same SPFL that withheld clubs money until they voted for their way of ending a season. Doesn't matter if clubs don't want that to happen, the SPFL board will decide for themselves.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The same SPFL that withheld clubs money until they voted for their way of ending a season. Doesn't matter if clubs don't want that to happen, the SPFL board will decide for themselves.

That was in the rules. How they got the resolution passed was the corrupt part.  Are you really believing the spfl board will decide to spend the clubs cash by way of compensatory payments without the clubs being consulted/ agreeing?

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That was in the rules. How they got the resolution passed was the corrupt part.  Are you really believing the spfl board will decide to spend the clubs cash by way of compensatory payments without the clubs being consulted/ agreeing?

We clearly found out it wasn't the only way of the clubs getting their own money.

And yes they will do what they feel is necessary to keep Scottish Football on the life support machine it's on. Clubs will agree as it will be alot less paying out compensation than reconstructing leagues. 2 less mouths to feed in the long run.

9 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We clearly found out it wasn't the only way of the clubs getting their own money.

And yes they will do what they feel is necessary to keep Scottish Football on the life support machine it's on. Clubs will agree as it will be alot less paying out compensation than reconstructing leagues. 2 less mouths to feed in the long run.

It was in the rules that final payouts are linked to final positions. The spfl have stuck to that. How they got to final positions is underhand. Yes they can give loans but to do it collectively  with final payouts would have required a new resolution, ours failed.  The spfl have mostly stuck to their articles, theyve just manipulated the achievement of them.

The spfl need to now be cleaner than clean about sticking to rules and articles of Association. Comp payments arent legislated for and imo next to no chance of them happening without clubs being consulted and agreeing.

Archived