SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

It's a decent article from Provan and the Sicilian Mafia analogy is apt.  The SPFL Executive  are forever telling us they are there to serve every club.  These words come from smiling mouths , whereas the eyes betray the true message,  don't question or challenge our actions.  We all know  that  the  SPFL Executive  are no more than executors of the wishes of Scottish football's  real power broker.

I have a  colleague who lives in Fife. He claims to be a Dunfermline  supporter, but has definite leanings towards the taigs. He openly admits he finds the frustration Rangers supporters have,  regarding  the obvious  influence a non SPFL board member has over the SPFL Executive, amusing.  He  believes Lawwell  toys with us for fun. This is what we're up against.

I haven't given up hope that the Rangers board still have an ace up their sleeve which can lead to the cleansing of Scottish football.  The board has stated that the status quo can't remain,  I'd like to think  they have the means to change it.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Folk saying it are right. If Rangers were better in keeping us informed then they won’t be saying it. Why the silence, a simple statement saying this is not finished and we are continuing going through the channels is all that’s required. 

Unless we are staying quiet to lull Liewell & co into a false sense of security thinking we have given up and then hit them with the nuclear option we are working on in the background. 

Well that's my hope I'm clinging to.

6 minutes ago, Brackley said:

Unless we are staying quiet to lull Liewell & co into a false sense of security thinking we have given up and then hit them with the nuclear option we are working on in the background. 

It would be hugely disappointing  if the  board give up the fight against corruption.  I'm  holding onto  “the status quo cannot hold” comment after the vote as a declaration of intent.  Hopefully I'm not being naive.

31 minutes ago, Brackley said:

We better not just be leaving it, that’s not an option. 

1 hour ago, banjobear said:

It would be hugely disappointing  if the  board give up the fight against corruption.  I'm  holding onto  “the status quo cannot hold” comment after the vote as a declaration of intent.  Hopefully I'm not being naive.

It will be hugely disappointing if the tarriers are still allowed to tarnish the ethics and sportsmanship in Scottish football via an extremely self interested cabal at the heart of Scottish football, and which extends to the authorities, the media, and many companies with vested interest in this one football team and its associated  culture. 

If other clubs are not allowed to question, or are blackmailed into agreeing with such obvious corruption,it does suggest that the whole rotten core is so far entrenched that they will not give up an inch. 

So much is now out in the open, the decent folk in Scotland and worldwide are aware of this, yet there is a fear within Scotland to question or challenge the corruption within football which spreads it's twisted tentacles so far. 

There was a time we looked at the political corruption of the game in East Germany, and the financial corruption of the game in Italy with disdain, but never dreamed that Scottish football would outdo both those corrupt systems politically, and financially. 

It has happened in most of our lifetimes, and my fear is that it will continue in a Scottish society which is distancing itself more and more from traditional values and decency in sport and  politics. 

These issues cannot be rectified by one football club, our own,  alone. Those who wish us to fight single-handedly are naive. The fight has to come at a higher level, with more support. 

But where will this future support come from ?

Don't pass the onus and buck to our football team. Have a look at yourselves and see where the power lies and how you can fight it.

37 minutes ago, Brackley said:

I take the lack of comms from Rangers as meaning they are still pursuing the mafia. 

9 minutes ago, tannerall said:

It will be hugely disappointing if the tarriers are still allowed to tarnish the ethics and sportsmanship in Scottish football via an extremely self interested cabal at the heart of Scottish football, and which extends to the authorities, the media, and many companies with vested interest in this one football team and its associated  culture. 

If other clubs are not allowed to question, or are blackmailed into agreeing with such obvious corruption,it does suggest that the whole rotten core is so far entrenched that they will not give up an inch. 

So much is now out in the open, the decent folk in Scotland and worldwide are aware of this, yet there is a fear within Scotland to question or challenge the corruption within football and spreads it's twisted tentacles so far. 

There was a time we looked at the political corruption of the game in East Germany, and the financial corruption of the game in Italy with disdain, but never dreamed that Scottih football would outdo both those corrupt systems politically, and financially. 

It has happened in most of our lifetimes, and my fear is that it will continue in a Scottish society which is distancing itself more and more from traditional values and decency in sport and  politics. 

These issues cannot be rectified by one football club, our own,  alone. Those who wish us to fight single handedly are naive. The fight has to come at a higher level, with more support. 

But where will this future support come from ?

Don't pass the onus and buck to our football team. Have a look at yourselves and see where the power lies and how you can fight it.

A blind man can see that liewell has overplayed his hand this time, the impending litigations won’t rid us of this corruption but it will highlight the issue to a bigger audience hopefully resulting in a stronger support to rid us of the fenians bastardisation of our national game. 

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Rigged voting

Member clubs lied to over money. The lying just goes on and on as Scottish football faces destruction.

All because of 1 club.

Some press members are waking up to this as are fans of other clubs. I can't help wondering if our call for an independent inquiry would pass if the voting was tomorrow. It would be a damn sight closer for sure. 

As you say mate one club that no member of the press or club official will ever publically call out as calling the shots. 

It's been a disgrace watching the lies and the outright corruption to get what was the only goal on the table awarding the title. 

No plans to save clubs, Scottish football, just give scum fc what they want. 

Honestly even with everything out there I still would expect the vote to fail. There is too many clubs who simply don't care. It will be thier downfall as they go bust under the idiots that run the game. 

19 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

I take the lack of comms from Rangers as meaning they are still pursuing the mafia. 

I also hope that you are correct.

Referring to scum as mafia is a term I shall be using from now on.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Proven wrote that? Wow!

Even though he wrote it, and it’s fairly accurate.  It’s easy to write it after the event, as his former club already have what they, the SPFL board, and quite possibly what an element of the SFA wanted.

13 hours ago, Malvern said:

The league is over, champions issued the title and clubs demoted. Why the fuck should we agree to play the fixtures for this season in the next season. We have enough games as it is in Europe and this pissy league + cups, not happy about trying to help out the SPFL so they do not get asked for a refund, fuck them.

Bet any money we agree to it.

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

I am sure he will be back to his tarrier best soon. Must have had a bit of the virus and not quite himself.

Or like others he is finally seeing the light.

He did have his wee dig wi the 'New' Firm games.

Provan and Archer ..... don't make me laugh ...... both fucking  "Tail End Charlies'" in this never ending shambles that is Scottish football.

All well and good to come out now with their ..... let's pretend to be fair and honest shite ...... it's definitely not the season for it ... but it sure feels like the pantomime season has arrived early this year.

Just where were they from the very start ... along with all the other shite bags .... when loud voices were needed to criticise this whole fiasco ...... that's right nowhere.

They have both used an awful lot of words to criticise everybody but the main character ..... the sole instigator of all that has happened for the benefit of his club ..... by now apportioning blame elsewhere  ..... pathetic.

Deflection under the disguise of false concern for all the losers in this shit storm is by far the worst kind of pretence ..... yet the epitome of transparency for their belated faux "outrage" only confirms who they are actually concerned about .... and who they are really protecting .... in plain sight. 

A serious health warning should accompany any slabbering  that is in print from all these cunts .... they have made self serving an art that that can only be best described as vomit inducing ..... and in most cases far too little far too late as usual.

Name ... Blame and Shame those responsible and tell the truth ... or fuck right off.

As for Provan using the Sicilian Mafia as an analogy ......  now that did make me laugh .... as it has been overtly apparent for years now that as far as Lawwell and his poxy club are concerned and the crimes they have been involved in ...... Omertà has been the operative stance all media have been sworn to adhere to ..... or else.

🇬🇧

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Provan and Archer ..... don't make me laugh ...... both fucking  "Tail End Charlies'" in this never ending shambles that is Scottish football.

All well and good to come out now with their ..... let's pretend to be fair and honest shite ...... it's definitely not the season for it ... but it sure feels like the pantomime season has arrived early this year.

Just where were they from the very start ... along with all the other shite bags .... when loud voices were needed to criticise this whole fiasco ...... that's right nowhere.

They have both used an awful lot of words to criticise everybody but the main character ..... the sole instigator of all that has happened for the benefit of his club ..... by now apportioning blame elsewhere  ..... pathetic.

Deflection under the disguise of false concern for all the losers in this shit storm is by far the worst kind of pretence ..... yet the epitome of transparency for their belated faux "outrage" only confirms who they are actually concerned about .... and who they are really protecting .... in plain sight. 

A serious health warning should accompany any slabbering  that is in print from all these cunts .... they have made self serving an art that that can only be best described as vomit inducing ..... and in most cases far too little far too late as usual.

Name ... Blame and Shame those responsible and tell the truth ... or fuck right off.

As for Provan using the Sicilian Mafia as an analogy ......  now that did make me laugh .... as it has been overtly apparent for years now that as far as Lawwell and his poxy club are concerned and the crimes they have been involved in ...... Omertà has been the operative stance all media have been sworn to adhere to ..... or else.

🇬🇧

Think you're going to need a bigger mantelpiece mate for all these POTD Awards you keep getting 😂😂

3 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Rigged voting

Member clubs lied to over money. The lying just goes on and on as Scottish football faces destruction.

All because of 1 club.

Some press members are waking up to this as are fans of other clubs. I can't help wondering if our call for an independent inquiry would pass if the voting was tomorrow. It would be a damn sight closer for sure. 

Where are you seeing this sympathy for our cause mate. Not disbelieving you in the slightest but I’m not seeing it. Reading in the paper this morning that popcorn teeth has opened up 1st salvo that he wants a chance at quadruple treble. He reckons there would be little problem fitting in another two games.This will grow arms, legs and momentum over coming days. Paper was The express.

14 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

Where are you seeing this sympathy for our cause mate. Not disbelieving you in the slightest but I’m not seeing it. Reading in the paper this morning that popcorn teeth has opened up 1st salvo that he wants a chance at quadruple treble. He reckons there would be little problem fitting in another two games.This will grow arms, legs and momentum over coming days. Paper was The express.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the SFA will find a way to  fit the cup games into the schedule regardless of timescale. Watch out for some rule "tinkering" if need be. The SFA  are controlled by the same puppet master as the SPFL.

11 minutes ago, banjobear said:

You can bet your bottom dollar that the SFA will find a way to  fit the cup games into the schedule regardless of timescale. Watch out for some rule "tinkering" if need be. The SFA  are controlled by the same puppet master as the SPFL.

as there won't be much of a league cup this season due to lower league clubs not having a team , they'll fit them into weeks scheduled for that.

3 minutes ago, soulboy said:

as there won't be much of a league cup this season due to lower league clubs not having a team , they'll fit them into weeks scheduled for that.

Maybe the taigs should just be awarded the Scottish Cup as they're the bookies favourites and save all the cross season scheduling.  The SFA,  SPFL and the taigs are taking the piss and flaunting it. There has to be a way of, legally, taking them all to task.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

🇬🇧

More power to your elbow mate.  An excellent and to the point post. I wish I'd written it :thumbsup:

Scottish cup needs cancelled ,now that Hearts have been relegated and their trimmed accordingly coupled with the other 2 left in changing squads it has not one shred of credibility,

Allowing next seasons players to play also takes away the “sporting integrity”

Behind closed doors would also need to happen taking the huge financial boost away 

But wait and see peado Pete get his friends at the SFA to do the same as his friends at the SPFL 

28 minutes ago, soulboy said:

And that is the perfect scenario to create ‘time’.

Archived