SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Liewell is asking the SPFL to bring out the fixtures for the new season.

Hilarious considering we don’t even know how many leagues we’ll have and how many teams in each.

Things getting pretty desperate now by looks of things....

10 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

While the SPFL & Friends 'guessed' the rest of the season, they should check out what's happening in the Bundesliga now it's up and running again. 

You can't just extrapolate form, that's what makes football interesting, otherwise why not extrapolate it into infinity and give one team every prize for ever.

Frankfurt have been absolutely shite all season and just won away from home at the team that's 6th in the table, and they are out of the relegation zone - all against form for both teams.

Exactly the reason Lawwell wanted it finished. Every chance the tarriers could've blown it.

8 minutes ago, The hustler said:

Hilarious considering we don’t even know how many leagues we’ll have and how many teams in each.

Tbf he already knows that reconstruction will never happen. Why bother beating around the bush? Hes only wanting the first old firm past the BCD threshold.

47 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Why don’t they just inject it into Hearts for a possible legal battle and let all these other so called professional teams die?  That might save Scottish football. Fucking crowds of 200-300 and called professional. FFS! 

Gordon seems to agree with you;

Former Scotland boss Gordon Strachan believes too many of the country's senior clubs are not professional enough.

Of the 42 member sides of the SPFL, 22 employ players on a full-time basis, while the remaining 20 are part-time.

Strachan thinks the lack of fully professional sides is holding the game back.

"If you want to be a professional club, show it," he told the BBC's Scottish football podcast.

'A challenge to keep all 42 clubs in business'

McGregor 'horrified' at truncated Championship

"Have full-time employees, have full-time players, have an academy, do the whole lot. Just don't play at being a football team and expect us to look after you.

"When you talk about clubs coming into the league, what are they bringing in? Two hundred people per week to a game, is that really professional football?

"The teams in the bottom two leagues at the moment, in general, how many players have they produced over the last 14 years?"

Strachan, who is technical director at Championship side Dundee, believes "40 or 50%" of SPFL clubs would not survive in the English National League.

The former celtic and Middlesbrough boss was also critical of the overall "product" of Scottish football, and believes the spectacle must improve to bring in more money.

"If you think giving a good product is watching two teams in the bottom half of the Scottish Premiership playing on a plastic pitch, you're kidding yourself," he said. "Absolutely kidding yourself."

He added: "I just think we get over this period, see where we all are, how we all come out it. Then say, 'right, OK, who really wants to go head over heels in being professional and bringing on the game?'

"I'm sure if we do it properly, our product can be 100% better than it is right now.

"Nobody's going to kill a football club but find your level that you play at. Find the level your finances are putting you.

"Don't tell me you're a professional club when you're paying people part-time 80 quid a week and nobody turns up to your football matches."

Just now, Malvern said:

Former Scotland boss Gordon Strachan believes too many of the country's senior clubs are not professional enough.

Of the 42 member sides of the SPFL, 22 employ players on a full-time basis, while the remaining 20 are part-time.

"If you want to be a professional club, show it," he told the BBC's Scottish football podcast.

"Have full-time employees, have full-time players, have an academy, do the whole lot. Just don't play at being a football team and expect us to look after you.

"When you talk about clubs coming into the league, what are they bringing in? Two hundred people per week to a game, is that really professional football?

"The teams in the bottom two leagues at the moment, in general, how many players have they produced over the last 14 years?"

Strachan, who is technical director at Championship side Dundee, believes "40 or 50%" of SPFL clubs would not survive in the English National League.

The former celtic and Middlesbrough boss was also critical of the overall "product" of Scottish football, and believes the spectacle must improve to bring in more money.

"If you think giving a good product is watching two teams in the bottom half of the Scottish Premiership playing on a plastic pitch, you're kidding yourself," he said. "Absolutely kidding yourself."

He added: "I just think we get over this period, see where we all are, how we all come out it. Then say, 'right, OK, who really wants to go head over heels in being professional and bringing on the game?'

"I'm sure if we do it properly, our product can be 100% better than it is right now.

"Nobody's going to kill a football club but find your level that you play at. Find the level your finances are putting you.

"Don't tell me you're a professional club when you're paying people part-time 80 quid a week and nobody turns up to your football matches."

I would like to think more people would agree to this.  It’s sad man. 

2 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

I reckon we'll see an over the top bid for Hicky from the nappy rippers

and Budge will STFU and take the money and say no more on reconstruction

Stinks like fuck!

Yep, in any other business, it's called bribery

54 minutes ago, The hustler said:

Probably a roundabout way of asking when they're going to give them 10IAR :angrywillie:

4 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Basically the SPFL business model relies heavily on t.v sponsorship and the person/s in charge of getting the t.v. deal holds the power the SPFL has, because without tv money it is not a sustainable business.

Hence Lieswell's involvement in setting up the Sky deal,he has control over the deal and the SPFL,surly an Independent Investigation is warranted????Aye some chance :-(

6 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Probably a roundabout way of asking when they're going to give them 10IAR :angrywillie:

We have probably sent the SPFL a letter to ask when they would like to award the scum the spfl trophy, the other two mickey mouse cups and "best in the worldest support" award at the paedodome.

30 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Wee Gordon knows 

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Wee Gordon knows 

:tu:

Aye he does that mate ...  you are dead right there ..... they all fucking know.

As the technical director of Dumbdee ..... what makes him think his club is in any way the least bit professional .... after their numbnut of a chairman .... Royally Fucked Up Seemingly On Purpose .... the whole simple as fuck one word choice voting system that has brought us to this totally unprofessional and possibly illegal sorry ending to the season ..... that has allowed the tainted tarriers to be awarded the title unjustly.

Wonder if Wee Gordon knows that one mate? ...... :pipe:

🇬🇧

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Aye he does that mate ...  you are dead right there ..... they all fucking know.

As the technical director of Dumbdee ..... what makes him think his club is in any way the least bit professional .... after their numbnut of a chairman .... Royally Fucked Up Seemingly On Purpose .... the whole simple as fuck one word choice voting system that has brought us to this totally unprofessional and possibly illegal sorry ending to the season ..... that has allowed the tainted tarriers to be awarded the title unjustly.

Wonder if Wee Gordon knows that one mate? ...... :pipe:

🇬🇧

I think it is easy to forget after all the shite we have read and listened to over the last few weeks mate, that 'one fucked up vote' allowed the tarriers to get handed the title.  

Shameless bastards. :angrywillie:

14 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think it is easy to forget after all the shite we have read and listened to over the last few weeks mate, that 'one fucked up vote' allowed the tattiers to get handed the title.  

Shameless bastards. :angrywillie:

image.gif.f1b519f41080152d524994dc4f8f01c7.gif

6 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Philanthropists connected to Hearts have said they will inject a 7 figure sum into Scottish football with no strings attached..

:sarcasm:

So the SPFL cannot get a sponsor  but Hearts can get a 7-figure sum with no strings attached. There must be at least one serious journalist left in this shithole who will question this. 

Is this Philanthropist Dermot Desmond or a friendly Latvian bank by any chance? 

FFS we are not even a banana republic we are a potato republic. 

6 hours ago, The hustler said:

He does though.

Archived