SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

41 minutes ago, jintybear said:

David Edgar was saying that Keith Jackson is banned from Ibrox. He said he has journalist acquaintances who are celtic minded and they were telling him that Lawell is not giving them exclusives any more and has chosen to use Jackson as his latest patsy. Edgar said that Jackson is the laughing stock of the journalistic world.

That last part doesn't surprise me mate. 

The man is a joke and I've read stories before of him being an arrogant wank. 

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Something or nothing?

That guy just hedges his bets, not long ago he was telling anyone that would listen that no further action would be taken. If I was to hedge my bet that would be the stance I'd take to be fair to him.

30 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Something or nothing?

That guy is just crying out for attention, whether there’s truth in what he’s saying I don’t know but should really be ignored for all the shite he’s posted in the last month or so

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The Sun

Ryan McDonald 14 May 2020, 12:51

----------------------------------------------

NO SURPRISE Alex Rae tells celtic it’s LUDICROUS to defend SPFL as he backs Rangers to take legal action

ALEX RAE has told celtic it's LUDICROUS to say the SPFL are completely innocent of any wrongdoing. The Parkhead club gave Neil Doncaster their full support in the wake of Tuesday's EGM verdict and claimed it's irrational to attack the under-fire SPFL chief executive and legal advisor Rod McKenzie. Rangers - who had called for the pair's suspension - failed to hit the 75 per cent threshold for an independent inquiry into the league body's handling of the controversial Good Friday vote.

Hoops chiefs welcomed the rejection of the resolution after dismissing the Ibrox club’s ‘dossier’. But Ladbrokes ambassador Rae told SunSport: "I think it's a wee bit naive to suggest that there is no evidence until you look at the full picture. "Until you actually look at all these particular grievances, to suggest that there's no substance to it is just ludicrous. "I think for me, it's important to try and get to the bottom of it. "If people are actually accepting the unacceptable and saying let's move on, how do we ever improve? That's the thing.

"There's people saying that the SPFL are putting squeezes on clubs to act in a particular way or there might be ramifications. "You take the Lowland League chairman saying there might be places taken away if they don't adhere to a particular way of thinking! That for me does not sit right. "If that is the common practice and people are happy to move on with that, that kind of stuff does not wash with me. "It doesn't sit right at all. I'm not even sure the SPFL are willing to look at some of this stuff further down the line. "It's almost a case of this didn't happen, move on.

"If you don't continue to look at your working practices and why they've been questioned, you will never improve as a governing body. "And for me, they have to look at this stuff. "If you've got a third of your members questioning these practices, it would be beyond belief to not try and take the concerns of the members you represent seriously. "I'm not exactly sure what celtic's relationship with the SPFL is"But let me just put it bluntly, it did not surprise me that celtic spoke up prior to the vote and subsequently after it.  "Not in the slightest because they've just been sitting back." It's believed Rangers have no intention of backing down in their fight against the SPFL and are considering legal action.

Gers were supported by 31 per cent of member clubs, with Hearts and Aberdeen calling for an investigation into the SPFL's recent actions. Rae said: "I'd be surprised if Rangers leave it at this because they still feel as if there's still questions to be answered. "The problem everyone has with this is how do you rebuild trust without actually getting to the bottom of this? "I think you need everybody believing in the organisation to actually go forward. "Although the actual vote has fallen in favour of the governing body, I still think there's that issue outstanding "It's really where they feel they can go with it.

"What is their objective? Is it purely to get better governance like Stewart Robertson has said over the course of the last week? "If they had exhausted every avenue available to them over the process, then you could say enough is enough. "But there possibly is still another avenue for them to go. For me, they should pursue it if they feel strongly about it. "How do they build trust unless they actually pursue it because they are not being true to themselves. "So by all means pursue it but only if they feel it's the right thing to do."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5594772/alex-rae-celtic-ludicrous-spfl-Rangers/

I've always quite liked Alex Rae but he can be like a rabbit in the headlights when he's on telly or radio when it comes to defending the club. So much so as I wonder who actually wrote that piece for him.

As has been said on here more times than I can count, I would love some real sharp and intelligent pundit on these phone ins who could question and counter the shit being sprayed around unabated. But as has also been said on here the powers that be probably make that choice. So very, very frustrating some of the bollocks can't be countered live on air!

8 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

I've always quite liked Alex Rae but he can be like a rabbit in the headlights when he's on telly or radio when it comes to defending the club. So much so as I wonder who actually wrote that piece for him.

As has been said on here more times than I can count, I would love some real sharp and intelligent pundit on these phone ins who could question and counter the shit being sprayed around unabated. But as has also been said on here the powers that be probably make that choice. So very, very frustrating some of the bollocks can't be countered live on air!

The mhedia are very cute in who they allow to be interviewed on TV/radio.Imagine somebody as sharp and quick witted as McCoist being interviewed and allowed to answer all their questions truthfully and honestly,no holds barred,their taig overlords would have a fit.

Maybe Sir Walter or Souness would be a better choice on 2nd thoughts ;-)

4 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

The mhedia are very cute in who they allow to be interviewed on TV/radio.Imagine somebody as sharp and quick witted as McCoist being interviewed and allowed to answer all their questions truthfully and honestly,no holds barred,their taig overlords would have a fit.

Maybe Sir Walter or Souness would be a better choice on 2nd thoughts ;-)

There is a reason Walter Smith is never asked, he’s bright and would fucking lamp any of them if they tried their condescending shite. 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Why? 

We've done it countless times before and this situation will be exactly the same. 

You are talking about past boards and that seems to be programmed into fans minds. To date, Park has shown no signs of being pushed around and David Graham has produced some powerful sentences. Until I see otherwise, I will live in the present.

15 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

There is a reason Walter Smith is never asked, he’s bright and would fucking lamp any of them if they tried their condescending shite. 

I can just imagine the lumps souness would tearout them too. 

Both would leave the idiots in the Scottish media terrified. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

You are talking about past boards and that seems to be programmed into fans minds. To date, Park has shown no signs of being pushed around and David Graham has produced some powerful sentences. Until I see otherwise, I will live in the present.

Park had McLennan on the ropes when he asked him to explain his comments in that newspaper and never followed it up. 

And powerful sentences? Where have we seen them before? 

SC Final = nothing happened. 

Them hanging effigies of Rangers fans = nothing happened. 

And countless times since then we release statement after statement and ultimately don't back up our own words. 

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

David Edgar was saying that Keith Jackson is banned from Ibrox. He said he has journalist acquaintances who are celtic minded and they were telling him that Lawell is not giving them exclusives any more and has chosen to use Jackson as his latest patsy. Edgar said that Jackson is the laughing stock of the journalistic world.

Some wank is keeping him in a job then Jinty. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Park had McLennan on the ropes when he asked him to explain his comments in that newspaper and never followed it up. 

And powerful sentences? Where have we seen them before? 

SC Final = nothing happened. 

Them hanging effigies of Rangers fans = nothing happened. 

And countless times since then we release statement after statement and ultimately don't back up our own words. 

Once again mate, you are talking about a past regime. I believe you are 29 or there abouts so for the most part you have only witnessed the shit times (except early 2000's) so I understand how you feel but Rangers have not been bullied throughout their history and we look like we are starting to stand up and fight again. Let's give Park & his board more time before evaluating. Who knows, you may turn out to be right?

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Once again mate, you are talking about a past regime. I believe you are 29 or there abouts so for the most part you have only witnessed the shit times (except early 2000's) so I understand how you feel but Rangers have not been bullied throughout their history and we look like we are starting to stand up and fight again. Let's give Park & his board more time before evaluating. Who knows, you may turn out to be right?

Good shout mate..

Just now, bluenoz said:

I've not seen any evidence of us fighting anything except releasing daft statements all the time. 

We knew we weren't going to be able to secure enough votes for an independent investigation, and we know from people close to the club that they have no desire to take it through the courts, so what's the point of it all? Another pissing contest with little to no substance and we're the ones left looking like absolute fannies once again. 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I've not seen any evidence of us fighting anything except releasing daft statements all the time. 

We knew we weren't going to be able to secure enough votes for an independent investigation, and we know from people close to the club that they have no desire to take it through the courts, so what's the point of it all? Another pissing contest with little to no substance and we're the ones left looking like absolute fannies once again. 

If a 200 page dossier is not evidence of fighting then I'm not sure what you are looking for. We may not have won but they have been exposed and that is a start.

Archived