SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Today it has been spun that the Sky deal is great news. It is not. Pay them back over 5 years or so is the deal.

I have no idea about what happens with BT. I just thought it a point worth putting out as it's something the mafia have failed to mention.

No doubt about it.  If they have to repay £4.5m to BT, that’s a big hit, and unsurprisingly the SPFL will try to bury the news.  

I know that it’s a done deal, but I’d be amazed if the testing costs associated to finishing the remaining games of this season, before starting the next were anything like the £6m being passed back to the broadcasters (£4.5m BT and £1.5m Sky)

Bad business, caused by bad decisions and only the SPFL can tell us why.  The problem is that nobody appears to be pushing them to explain their actions.

The sad thing is that if we could rewind back to the time of the EGM vote on an Independent Inquiry, I doubt any of the lemmings would actually vote differently. It looks like it's going to be a long dis-spiriting grind with this shit-show and things wil no doubt get worse  before they get better.

3 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

No doubt about it.  If they have to repay £4.5m to BT, that’s a big hit, and unsurprisingly the SPFL will try to bury the news.  

I know that it’s a done deal, but I’d be amazed if the testing costs associated to finishing the remaining games of this season, before starting the next were anything like the £6m being passed back to the broadcasters (£4.5m BT and £1.5m Sky)

Bad business, caused by bad decisions and only the SPFL can tell us why.  The problem is that nobody appears to be pushing them to explain their actions.

Sky have been given far more than £1.5m back with being handed the league sponsorship naming rights, whatever Sky manage to get for next 5 seasons they keep. Could amount to much more than they were actually due back.

We have been owned and trolled ?

Robertson's update was clearly timed to provide good news but completely avoided the issue that I am interested in.

Let's get to court and prove that the vote to award Tim's the title was illegal.

I will never forgive them if they dont come up with a bloody good reason why they dont. 

27 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Decent interview by Robertson. Edmiston House sounds really exciting.

Disappointed  that the club have given up fighting the spfl. They just never seem to be as angry as us - the supporters.

Lawyers they hired would've gave them the chance of success they would get if they kept going with it. Obviously chances of getting the outcome they wanted are slim. We move on but never forget or forgive.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Lawyers they hired would've gave them the chance of success they would get if they kept going with it. Obviously chances of getting the outcome they wanted are slim. We move on but never forget or forgive.

Leslie Dean begs to differ mate.

40 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Disappointed  that the club have given up fighting the spfl. They just never seem to be as angry as us - the supporters.

Where? What have I missed? 

42 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

This is usually where I'd say "Rangers are so out of touch with the supporters" ... but depressingly, they aren't.

The majority of the supporters just don't give a fuck. Rangers can do whatever they want, throw whatever they want at the supporters, treat them with contempt and shite but it doesn't matter. Either the fans don't care enough, they trust the club no matter what, the support is so unconditional that they get on board and blindly think everythings a great idea or it's just force of habit they hand them their hard-earned money. 

They will still be voted in each and every single one of them every AGM. 

I'm not having a go at fellow supporters tbh because Rangers are their true love but it's wore far too thin for me. 

MyGers membership, ending the battle with the SPFL with a whimper, no mention of annoyance at celtic getting given a title they've never won, having that SNP Hamza Yself cunt as a guest of honour and posing for pictures and even lesser things that are just an embarrasment like anyone everyone campaigns to ram diversity down your throat with an under-tone (to me anyway) that some folk are better and more welcome than you because they're gay or come from a different background or whatever.

The heart has been ripped right out us IMO - I don't care who wants to quote me and say I'm out of order or whatever. The club seems a shell and unrecognisable to the one we all love.

Rant over. 

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Where? What have I missed? 

Interview above. I thinks it's not long after 10 mins. The game is up. We are looking forward. Basically game is up and we have been defeated, humiliated and to make matters worse Lawwell has trolled us today. Saying how well Doncaster has done.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

This is usually where I'd say "Rangers are so out of touch with the supporters" ... but depressingly, they aren't.

The majority of the supporters just don't give a fuck. Rangers can do whatever they want, throw whatever they want at the supporters, treat them with contempt and shite but it doesn't matter. Either the fans don't care enough, they trust the club no matter what, the support is so unconditional that they get on board and blindly think everythings a great idea or it's just force of habit they hand them their hard-earned money. 

They will still be voted in each and every single one of them every AGM. 

I'm not having a go at fellow supporters tbh because Rangers are their true love but it's wore far too thin for me. 

MyGers membership, ending the battle with the SPFL with a whimper, no mention of annoyance at celtic getting given a title they've never won, having that SNP Hamza Yself cunt as a guest of honour and posing for pictures and even lesser things that are just an embarrasment like anyone everyone campaigns to ram diversity down your throat with an under-tone (to me anyway) that some folk are better and more welcome than you because they're gay or come from a different background or whatever.

The heart has been ripped right out us IMO - I don't care who wants to quote me and say I'm out of order or whatever. The club seems a shell and unrecognisable to the one we all love.

Rant over. 

There is even a growing young support who seem content with second place as long as we are making progress. Fuck that!

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

There is even a growing young support who seem content with second place as long as we are making progress. Fuck that!

Yeah good point, that too. Could add that to my list there mate. 

A generation of fans (through no fault of their own) are starved of success and are now conditioned to not being successful. 

They put individuals like Andy Halliday and before him Ally McCoist above the success of the club. The journey back up the leagues was tortrue becuase of these attitudes in our support how getting pumped out every cup didn't matter because we had Super Ally at the helm and the "we might never had a club" line that they use to justify the failures on the park to make themselves feel better.

33 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

No just youngsters neither, you just have to listen to certain podcasts to hear this bilge spouted 

:headwall:

59 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

Interview above. I thinks it's not long after 10 mins. The game is up. We are looking forward. Basically game is up and we have been defeated, humiliated and to make matters worse Lawwell has trolled us today. Saying how well Doncaster has done.

And stated our document was “embarrassing”.

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

And stated our document was “embarrassing”.

Disgraceful no one from within our club took liewell to task over this.

what is ‘embarrassing ‘ is the SPFL unable to get sponsorships.  And explain why they can’t get sponsorships.

Then someone should have rammed that down his fat throat 

20 minutes ago, The hustler said:

Disgraceful no one from within our club took liewell to task over this.

what is ‘embarrassing ‘ is the SPFL unable to get sponsorships.  And explain why they can’t get sponsorships.

Then someone should have rammed that down his fat throat 

Are you surprised mate? far, far, far too dignified - even in attack. 

The start of our claims were the fiercest we've ever got in my lifetime supporting the club ...... and it was still miles short of what we had to do. We don't do aggressive (for some reason)

Archived