Jump to content
dummiesoot

The SPFL (in)competence thread

Recommended Posts


34 minutes ago, B1872 said:

These cunts will be celebrating it like they’ve won the champion league.

Well just maybe the club should launch court action. 

I certainly did not buy 2 season books to watch them being handed the title with plenty of points still to play for.  

Anyone who disagrees them what about helicopter Sunday ? 7 Pts  behind with 12 Pls to play for and we won the league by a point, that there alone fucks up their system to award these cunts the title  

Is that our board taking it to them or  lying down to them once again , why even start a fight if your taking second prize? 

How about along the lines if celtic are awarded the title then we will not take part in any tv deal or take away tickets when crowds are allowed back 

Hit the cunts in the pocket and make the SPFL go bust.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We did throw away some stupid points against Hearts, St Johnstone, Hamilton and Sheep at home. Gerrard shitting it at Ibrox vs the scum.

However some horrific officiating costs us 2 points at Aberdeen, 3 points at Kilmarnock. Those two games were as clear cheating as you will ever see. Not to mention the dodgy decisions the scum have had which would be at least a 5 point swing as well. Take the 'at least' 10 points from refs into the equation and we have a game in hand to go top of the league!

Also off your head if you don't think the SPFL wouldn't have handed the scum the title even if it was closer points wise.

True but we would be in a better position to challenge the decision if we were closer. 

HG5 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

True but we would be in a better position to challenge the decision if we were closer. 

Helicopter Sunday alone challenges it.  12  points to play for and 5 points behind , we won the league by a point.  

So to say it was impossible for us to catch them is a lie ,  diffcult yes but it's been done in the past and especially with 6pts up for grabs against them..

Our board will pay for an investagiation but won't pay to fight this in court ?   Shame on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

Helicopter Sunday alone challenges it.  12  points to play for and 7 points behind , we won the league by a point.  

So to say it was impossible for us to catch them is a lie ,  diffcult yes but it's been dine in the past and especially with 6pts up for grabs against them..

This. 

Liverpool at 20+ points ahead. Fairplay.

Filthy vermin cretins 13 points ahead with two OF games and a game in hand for us...

Ridiculous. 

 

Copland bear and HG5 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tannerall said:

The best precedent was surely the Scottish Rugby Association's . 

Traditionally an association where sporting integrity and openness is paramount, they quickly concluded that from the 5 options possible, only 2 were viable.

Around  1/2 the clubs  chose null and "void" whilst around 1/4 chose the positions at the time option. It is also believed that there were no bullying tactics, impassioned speeches, or mysterious votes which were cast, got lost, then arrived late and had been changed.

Respect to the Scottish Rugby Authorities for realising the importance of making a quick decision and then completing it in a fair and prompt fashion. 

 

Cheers Tannerall, you prompted me to look at the SRU website and their handling of the crisis was the polar opposite of the SPFL.

Open, honest, all options fairly presented and considered, no conflation with money threats, no board pressure, no false promises, no lies.

We should publicly ask the SRU what, if any, consequences were triggered with sponsors etc due to N&V (worth asking the Dutch too). Rugby relies heavily on commercial revenues and punch well above their weight so I am sure any financial impact would have been fairly addressed for all 5 options presented.

Reading this reaffirmed the absolute corruption that is running and ruining football in Scotland for the benefit of one over 41.

https://www.scottishrugby.org/#

the article is in news on 31 March, well worth a read

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BroonBear said:

Would be good if Stewart Robertson, an actual SPFL board member, just came out and randomly insisted  "champions cannot be declared if the season is stopped prior to the 38 games being played". 

Like that fud, he would also be giving his opinion.  

As the SPFL has stated many times, the "reason" for calling it now is so that monies can be handed out to the clubs. Does anyone know if the wording in farce of a resolution that was voted on states that "champions" would be declared?

I don't know where it is in the resolution as i've not seen it but it was it the newspaper

"This week an SPFL resolution to end the lower leagues on the tables as they stand passed", "The motion also gives the governing body the power to call the Premiership at a later date, which would crown celtic champions".  https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/premiership-end-game-limbo-spfl-21887619

15 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Got a reply already mate . My email was received 

Well done eejay :tu:  let us know what they say.

 

HG5 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We knew this was going to happen anyway.

My thoughts are on next season and how tough it’s going to be to stop ten. Hatred of all things Rangers is probably at an all time high. If we think we got a raw deal in games last season then wait till next season starts.

Obviously it’s down to the players and they are the culprits for this season going to shit.  However I can see even more honest mistakes coming our way when the potential 10 in a row season begins 🙄

HG5 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

We knew this was going to happen anyway.

My thoughts are on next season and how tough it’s going to be to stop ten. Hatred of all things Rangers is probably at an all time high. If we think we got a raw deal in games last season then wait till next season starts.

Obviously it’s down to the players and they are the culprits for this season going to shit.  However I can see even more honest mistakes coming our way when the potential 10 in a row season begins 🙄

Nevermind anything else. The mentality of our players is the reason why we fell 13 points behind post the break. They couldn't handle the pressure. It's our own fault.

I do really believe if we were ahead and this happened that the SPFL would not be finishing the season. I'm not into conspiracies but you just know we would be made to finish all games. The pressure from the bheasts would be unbearable. 

HG5 and LiverpoolBlue like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Cheers Tannerall, you prompted me to look at the SRU website and their handling of the crisis was the polar opposite of the SPFL.

Open, honest, all options fairly presented and considered, no conflation with money threats, no board pressure, no false promises, no lies.

We should publicly ask the SRU what, if any, consequences were triggered with sponsors etc due to N&V (worth asking the Dutch too). Rugby relies heavily on commercial revenues and punch well above their weight so I am sure any financial impact would have been fairly addressed for all 5 options presented.

Reading this reaffirmed the absolute corruption that is running and ruining football in Scotland for the benefit of one over 41.

https://www.scottishrugby.org/#

the article is in news on 31 March, well worth a read

Holland and Gibralter went down the null and void route which should have been the case for all leagues as nobody foresaw a pandemic.

The rugby people are an example to all of how this matter ought to resolved. But their members have not lost sight of the fact that sporting competitions can only be won on the field of play.  All credit to them even if I don't watch their sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Ditto.

I'll care not a jot when the ayebuttery and EBTsssss shit starts flying.  Fact will always be there, 4 with no opposition and 1 they never won.   

:boughy:

just keeping reminding that lot that the league was "AWARDED" to them. 

LiverpoolBlue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GersInCanada said:

Holland and Gibralter went down the null and void route which should have been the case for all leagues as nobody foresaw a pandemic.

The rugby people are an example to all of how this matter ought to resolved. But their members have not lost sight of the fact that sporting competitions can only be won on the field of play.  All credit to them even if I don't watch their sport.

Is there still a possibility that UEFA will advise FA's to abandon premiership leagues because of the mess it's creating with European qualifications?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Nevermind anything else. The mentality of our players is the reason why we fell 13 points behind post the break. They couldn't handle the pressure. It's our own fault.

I do really believe if we were ahead and this happened that the SPFL would not be finishing the season. I'm not into conspiracies but you just know we would be made to finish all games. The pressure from the bheasts would be unbearable. 

That’s why I’m saying our players are the culprits. However there were a good number of games where I’d say game changing decisions incorrectly went against us, and it definitely never evened out so that sticks in my throat.

You’re right though and that’s something I’ve argued with my pals about. They’ve said  “ awk if it was us getting it you wouldn’t be complaining”, as if it would’ve played out the same way had we been top 😅. Not a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

True but we would be in a better position to challenge the decision if we were closer. 

Tiger I get your sentiment but I don’t think it matters really how many points a team is in front or not, if it’s not won, it’s not won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Tiger I get your sentiment but I don’t think it matters really how many points a team is in front or not, if it’s not won, it’s not won. 

I agree 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Nevermind anything else. The mentality of our players is the reason why we fell 13 points behind post the break. They couldn't handle the pressure. It's our own fault.

I do really believe if we were ahead and this happened that the SPFL would not be finishing the season. I'm not into conspiracies but you just know we would be made to finish all games. The pressure from the bheasts would be unbearable. 

Nah mate, sorry not having it!!  
 

You haven’t once mentioned dodgy decisions from refs, penalties not given, goals chopped off etc.... it’s ALL Rangers players fault and mentality??

Sweetheart and Blumhoilann like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Smile said:

People dying and the scum are in their coffins taking the rings from their fingers.

that's why across every league in every country null and void should have been implemented

there's people dying, and it's a game at the end of the day. if they celebrate this they have absolutely no respect for the dead, because it's the only reason they would have been handed this title.

if it was us in the same position, would I be saying the same thing? probably not with the same intensity, but at least i'm self-aware enough to admit that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tannerall said:

The best precedent was surely the Scottish Rugby Association's . 

Traditionally an association where sporting integrity and openness is paramount, they quickly concluded that from the 5 options possible, only 2 were viable.

Around  1/2 the clubs  chose null and "void" whilst around 1/4 chose the positions at the time option. It is also believed that there were no bullying tactics, impassioned speeches, or mysterious votes which were cast, got lost, then arrived late and had been changed.

Respect to the Scottish Rugby Authorities for realising the importance of making a quick decision and then completing it in a fair and prompt fashion. 

 

I thought you might be a rugby man @tannerall ! 

Absolutely agree with this. For me in many ways the way rugby is run as an organisation nationwide could be a great model for football; especially in Scotland. Healthy rivalry but without one clubs hand in the others pockets, and transparent refereeing.

 

Sweetheart and Blumhoilann like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Swally said:

that's why across every league in every country null and void should have been implemented

there's people dying, and it's a game at the end of the day. if they celebrate this they have absolutely no respect for the dead, because it's the only reason they would have been handed this title.

if it was us in the same position, would I be saying the same thing? probably not with the same intensity, but at least i'm self-aware enough to admit that.

If the majority of FA's have said they are going down the null and void route then UEFA could adopt this consensus for calling the leagues as they have not given a final decision yet. 

TheFamousPigeon and Swally like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't know where it is in the resolution as i've not seen it but it was it the newspaper

"This week an SPFL resolution to end the lower leagues on the tables as they stand passed", "The motion also gives the governing body the power to call the Premiership at a later date, which would crown celtic champions".  https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/premiership-end-game-limbo-spfl-21887619

Well done eejay :tu:  let us know what they say.

 

"The motion would give the power to call the Premiership."  That lot being awarded the championship is the rags opinion. The wording of the resolution should state clearly that on calling the league, even on the PPG idea, that a)The club in 12th position would be relegated and b) The club in 1st position be awarded the league championship. 

Remember, this shower can't even get accurate minutes or minutes signed.  They may finish first under the resolution and they get CL place but unless it states they are classed as champions then no league trophy should be awarded as this was not what the clubs voted for. Them getting the CL place is like Utd getting promoted for being the club awarded the top spot in their division. 

Would be good to see the final draft resolution provided to clubs to vote on and the Deloitte "investigation" report. The key is all in the wording of the resolution.

Sweetheart likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...