SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

In Scotland, there's a rush for coronations and relegations.  No other options are being allowed to be considered.

It will most certainly be that.....

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The media know the truth they can report it as they wish will never become the truth.

Truth is they won 8 and the run stopped there.

The only way from here they can keep the run going is completing this season

They've won fuck all apart from a league cup this season so far

If they are declared champions they will have nine in a row,  they cunts couldn’t give a fuck that at least five of the nine are tainted and the record books won’t show them as tainted. Maybe a wee asterisk beside the latest one but nobody will care and it will be quickly forgotten.

Rangers have an asterisk beside one of our titles nobody gives a fuck about it,  it’s still 54 

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The media know the truth they can report it as they wish will never become the truth.

Unfortunately TS is right. Only our fans will care. Nobody else will and it'll be glossed over as 9

2 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Unfortunately TS is right. Only our fans will care. Nobody else will and it'll be glossed over as 9

I know how it'll be reported but I certainly won't be counting it bro as far as am concerned the IAR is over if they are given the title because they can't claim to have won it.

I appreciate everyone has different opinions tho that's just mine

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Of course other leagues may face legal challenges but the SPFL can do what they want as no team has the money to mount legal challenges.

As i said, the EPL may face massive challenges from relegated teams but it wont cost them 726 million..

I'm not so sure you are correct about no Scottish club has the money. The Foundation of Hearts will challenge. They can raise the necessary funds through crowdfunding etc plus there is a lot of rich Hearts fans - I'm sure they can raise the cash

2 minutes ago, Alwaysblue said:

I'm not so sure you are correct about no Scottish club has the money. The Foundation of Hearts will challenge. They can raise the necessary funds through crowdfunding etc plus there is a lot of rich Hearts fans - I'm sure they can raise the cash

Hopefully Hearts take them to the cleaners.

1 minute ago, Alwaysblue said:

Spot on. Hearts have most to lose and their fan base will make sure a legal challenge is launched and funded.

I also expect further action from us. 

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Can’t agree more, they have not ‘won’ any title this year as it was not mathematically secure to complete that win.
To award a title cannot be classed as winning (9iar), we can play semantics with them all they like but the fact is they have not won this title and as I have already said I will remind them at every opportunity as no doubt they will need reminding...

Churlish maybe, but 100% factual...

22 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Aye,if they don't play the full season and win it that way then getting it now means they've been awarded it,big difference,so any Rangers fan that accepts their 9 in a row shite needs their heads looked at. 

7 minutes ago, bgally said:

Aye,if they don't play the full season and win it that way then getting it now means they've been awarded it,big difference,so any Rangers fan that accepts their 9 in a row shite needs their heads looked at. 

Does it matter if we accept it or not the history books will still say nine 

That’s an undeniable fact 

As I regard it as foregone conclusion that they will get the title and celebrate 9 in a row I simply say let them.

They live in a world of delusion anyway. Just laugh at them then wait for a court case that overturns the resolution and they will be stripped of it. Throw the phrase 'sporting integrity at them'

Apparently for legal challenges to be made :

1. Title has to be awarded.

2. Our club to receive final SPFL payment.

3. Hearts officially relegated.

This is from a thread on ff about the vote to finish league early and the opinion of Senior and Junior Counsel on whether the result of the vote would stand up in court if challenged.

So will legal challenges be made?

Oh fuck a do hope so.

18 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Can’t agree more, they have not ‘won’ any title this year as it was not mathematically secure to complete that win.
To award a title cannot be classed as winning (9iar), we can play semantics with them all they like but the fact is they have not won this title and as I have already said I will remind them at every opportunity as no doubt they will need reminding...

Churlish maybe, but 100% factual...

Exactly its all about semantics mate. Fuck them I don't care how it looks its the truth.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Without a doubt you are correct Jinty, some will celebrate it even more because they think it is annoying us Rangers fans, which if I am honest it is.

If you can live with your club having so many child abusers for so many years, being handed a title will be easy. 

Horrible club and fans.   

PS is it just me or does anyone else read the title as 'The SPFL (in)continence thread' ?? probably just me :thumbsup:

Cheers mate, just wet myself reading the last bit. :lol:

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Just had a look at What the dutch done and i think what they done was probably the fairest.

Easier though with Ajax and Alkmaar level on points but not sure Alkmaar will be happy that Ajax will get automatic CL place.

Out of interest

The Dutch Football Association's decision to end the season without promotion or relegation has been upheld by a judge.

The KNVB null and voided their season in April after the Dutch Prime Minister's decision to ban all sporting events until September due to the coronavirus.

Cambuur and De Graafschap missed out on promotion to the Eredivisie and mounted a legal challenge against the decision, which they lost on Thursday.

The dutch league also want £350Million from the Goverment to help them out.

Another club angered by the decision is Utrecht, who were denied a place in the Europa League despite having played a game less than Willem II and boasting superior goal difference. 

Null and void has its challenges but in terms of allowing absolutely everybody to move on it has to have been the easiest solution in our leagues.

20 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Out of interest

The Dutch Football Association's decision to end the season without promotion or relegation has been upheld by a judge.

The KNVB null and voided their season in April after the Dutch Prime Minister's decision to ban all sporting events until September due to the coronavirus.

Cambuur and De Graafschap missed out on promotion to the Eredivisie and mounted a legal challenge against the decision, which they lost on Thursday.

Another club angered by the decision is Utrecht, who were denied a place in the Europa League despite having played a game less than Willem II and boasting superior goal difference. 

Null and void has its challenges but in terms of allowing absolutely everybody to move on it has to have been the easiest solution in our leagues.

I got impression they called league - no champions or relegation.

Again, i think that’s fair but with Alkmaar and Ajax level it’s probably the easiest thing to do.

6 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Out of interest

That copied from The Daily Mail I presume? Eredivisie aren't calling what they done "null and void" because what they done isn't "null and void". British publications like The Daily Mail, The Record etc are pushing this like its null and void.

If Eredivisie made it null and void there wouldn't be a 1st place or 2nd place. Hence the name "null and void".

They cancelled the rest of the league season. That's it.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

That copied from The Daily Mail I presume? Eredivisie aren't calling what they done "null and void" because what they done isn't "null and void". British publications like The Daily Mail, The Record etc are pushing this like its null and void.

If Eredivisie made it null and void there wouldn't be a 1st place or 2nd place. Hence the name "null and void".

They cancelled the rest of the league season. That's it.

And imo it’s the fairest way. Will every team be happy - no but you can’t be champions or relegated when season incomplete.

It will be interesting to see how much legal action is taken across Europe when it’s all over.

Archived