SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

1 hour ago, FlippinEck said:

Out of interest

The Dutch Football Association's decision to end the season without promotion or relegation has been upheld by a judge.

The KNVB null and voided their season in April after the Dutch Prime Minister's decision to ban all sporting events until September due to the coronavirus.

Cambuur and De Graafschap missed out on promotion to the Eredivisie and mounted a legal challenge against the decision, which they lost on Thursday.

The dutch league also want £350Million from the Goverment to help them out.

Another club angered by the decision is Utrecht, who were denied a place in the Europa League despite having played a game less than Willem II and boasting superior goal difference. 

Null and void has its challenges but in terms of allowing absolutely everybody to move on it has to have been the easiest solution in our leagues.

I wonder if Hearts can now get an injunction to stop the season being ended any other way except the legal one you mention in your post.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that they’ve still not announced them being handed the title, thought this was getting done today? 

Wishful thinking but would be sweet potatoes if our club or somebody else had took legal action and blocked this. 

5 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Any court action stops them being crowned anything.   The only thing we have agreed to is that the league is finished.  

Never once have we said anything about champions or relegations, and if Doncaster wants to go down that route then he is out of a job as the season might not even start next season and Scottish clubs will not be able to enter Europe.  

Call the SPFL's bluff, remember they have that new sky deal they won't want us to fuck it up.

This board told us they knew  who our enemy's where and would strike when the time is right.

Well this bear could not find a better time than now,  bring the whole fucking thing to a halt and let's see the SPFL's next move. 

I agree, fight the fuckers in court if necessary and I would like to know what happens to our Euro place and chances of catching the scum up (Man Utd had a bigger gap against Newcastle all those years ago and won). How the hell can you finish a league officially with only 75% of games played and your challengers have two games against you and a game in hand.

Yes I said challengers against you (generically) as we have to fight the establishment and the scum in this cesspit.

The joke is also that shit ant clubs can decide in a 75% vote (with threats of not being able to release money by the officiating body) unless they voted the right way is unbelievable, image our Government telling the population of the UK that they had to get 75% of the voters before a new Government can be elected but if you want to change your vote our way, no problem we will accommodate that.

The less said about the scum giving the old "but we are preparing our pitch for next season so can't play as we are still trying to relay the grass" the better, they couldn't claim a Japan tour this time after all.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Interesting that they’ve still not announced them being handed the title, thought this was getting done today? 

Wishful thinking but would be sweet potatoes if our club or somebody else had took legal action and blocked this. 

Unsure, I'm wondering why too. Always hope it's good news but somehow it'll be just down to crossing the t's and dotting the i's.

The SPFL are duty bound to act in the best interests of ALL 42 member clubs.

The only way to do that is treat everyone the same.

Standingings final with no teams benefitting and no teams punished.

The SPFL are failing on their duties by acting for the benefit of a few clubs and to the detriment of others.

Hopefully see you cunts in court you cheating fenian bastards. 

16 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

It should be us who attack them and the SPFL, no use hiding behind Hearts or anyone else.  

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Am I being greedy looking for a wee Rangers statement?

Nope, the club should fill us in and should be saying if they are crowned anything Monday then we will see the SPFL in court.  

Short, sweet and straight to the point,  let's see them squirm when the league can't start next season or the fact that no Scottish club will be able to enter Europe.  

The Spfl have a hell of a lot more to lose than us as if we win the case they will never be able to afford our expenses. Let them bring it on as they never won the league on the park and we should be fucked if their getting it handed on a silver platter by their friends at the SPFL off it. 

Sporting  integrity has long disappeared.   

Thought i would give today a miss on here . Was just an onlooker 

Watching BBC tonight and even after all the lies he spouts .That  bheast loving bastard mclauchlan,  still gets to go on National TV with that big smirk. 

And tells us ,his heroes will officially be crowned 9 in a row champions next week 

I hope for their sake , Our club  are still going after this lot with the bigger picture or I would never forgive, such a surrender without any defiance of any kind 

7 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

So if this has been agreed today I’m assuming that our club have giving it the nod after all.

Rangers fans sold down the river again.  

Sure it was said before but if the club want to press on with a legal challenge then the league has to be called the way they want it to be. Also do they really need us to agree with it for it to go ahead?

I think Robertson has to come out and explain it all in a statement or interview. And before Monday too.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Sure it was said before but if the club want to press on with a legal challenge then the league has to be called the way they want it to be. Also do they really need us to agree with it for it to go ahead?

I think Robertson has to come out and explain it all in a statement or interview.

Surely we can’t agree to hand them the title then take legal action over it.  If I was judge I would just say “Hawd on a minute youse agreed to this ya numptys, case dismissed” 

Part in bold I have no idea,  definitely needs clarification. 

3 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

Would these current rules have been the same rules that were in place before 2012 or have these been rewritten? 

New rules are written ad hoc nowadays . Make them as they go , to be selective for one club's requirements 

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Surely we can’t agree to hand them the title then take legal action over it.  If I was judge I would just say “Hawd on a minute youse agreed to this ya numptys, case dismissed” 

Part in bold I have no idea,  definitely needs clarification. 

It does need clarification from the man that's deciding this on behalf of us.  He needs to come out and say something pronto.

Archived