SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I can’t disagree with the fall guy but I just think the vote issue will stand up to scrutiny and any perceived evidence brushed off as thoughts and intentions without the acts. We know what they are capable of them and the secrets they readily hide.

I think the truth of the vote will come out without facts being erased. I do fear that it'll come to nothing though as the panellists could believe a further resolution would then have had the required backing. I'm not agreeing with this, but see it as a possible flawed solution to overcome the vote issue.

I think they're a corrupt cabal alright, but one that self preservation will always override their pack mentality. I just dont think they'd trust the others enough to break the law and all keep their silence.

I'd say time will tell, but given its bcd we might not even really find out what has gone on.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the panel sides with Hearts/Thistle then null and void is the only remaining option as the SPFL had no authority from the members to end the season as they did. Of course if they had done the sensible thing and just waited the season could have been completed.

51 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I spent most of my working life in IT and it is almost impossible to mess with log files. Delete an entry and that deletion is then recorded. All files are typically backed up to a secure location every night. Mess with them and it is going to get recorded.

Hearts/Thistle getting full access to all documentation (phone calls, emails, whatsapp, meeting minutes etc etc) is crucial and will be their downfall.

If this ends up in a forensic audit , which it should , and is carried out properly with meticulous care , which it should be , then given the time , these things take time , it should see their downfall here.

I still believe Rangers have a hand to play here as well and it may well be behind the scenes.

Time will tell.

7 minutes ago, Canabear said:

If this ends up in a forensic audit , which it should , and is carried out properly with meticulous care , which it should be , then given the time , these things take time , it should see their downfall here.

I still believe Rangers have a hand to play here as well and it may well be behind the scenes.

Time will tell.

Only problem with that mate if it takes time like you say is that Lord Clark wants this resolved by August 1st.

14 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Only problem with that mate if it takes time like you say is that Lord Clark wants this resolved by August 1st.

The time scale is a bit tighter. I reckon they will have 3 weeks from Monday to resolve this. Otherwise it's back to court and Lord Clark will finish matters that week.

32 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

If the panel sides with Hearts/Thistle then null and void is the only remaining option as the SPFL had no authority from the members to end the season as they did. Of course if they had done the sensible thing and just waited the season could have been completed.

A little patience and we could have finished the season on the pitch like other leagues. But it was clear ending the season ASAP and handing out titles was the only option being discussed by the spfl. 

I'd love a null and void being enforced on them but such is the corruption in this set-up I'd be amazed if it came to pass. 

25 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

A little patience and we could have finished the season on the pitch like other leagues. But it was clear ending the season ASAP and handing out titles was the only option being discussed by the spfl. 

I'd love a null and void being enforced on them but such is the corruption in this set-up I'd be amazed if it came to pass. 

It's actually astounding when you think about the way it's all played out and how blatant it is.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

What’s this article 9 ,the Jambos are getting excited about bears ?

taking bets on first 2 to respond 😄😄

This is article 9 of SFA rules. 

9. CONSTITUTION OF MEMBERS

Any change or changes in the constitution or in the rules of a full member or of a recognised football body shall become operative only if it is/they are submitted to the Secretary in writing by electronic communication or by recorded delivery letter and have been approved by the Board.

7 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Any change or changes in the constitution or in the rules of a full member or of a recognised football body shall become operative only if it is/they are submitted to the Secretary in writing by electronic communication or by recorded delivery letter and have been approved by the Board.

Not too sure what the means. Can someone elaborate for me

3 minutes ago, Alwaysblue said:

Not too sure what the means. Can someone elaborate for me

To me it looks like the SPFL had to ask the SFA if they could end the season/make a champion and relegate/promote teams by writing to them and getting it confirmed by the board. They needed  SFA permission do do those things.

I don’t think they did. 

It gets more interesting. 👍

13 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

So does this mean they can change the rules to suit every time they need too .Seems like this is the vagueness that the judge referred too 

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

To me it looks like the SPFL had to ask the SFA if they could end the season/make a champion and relegate/promote teams by writing to them and getting it confirmed by the board. They needed  SFA permission do do those things.

I don’t think they did. 

Thanks for that. Makes sense when written in English 😀

6 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I don’t think they did. 

A law unto themselves ,getting away with so much for so long they have become complacent .

Maybe they need to higher a lawyer or somebody with a legal background so mistakes like this don’t get made in the future 😛

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

A law unto themselves ,getting away with so much for so long they have become complacent .

Maybe they need to higher a lawyer or somebody with a legal background so mistakes like this don’t get made in the future 😛

Their one had ketchup on that page that squirted from his double big mac so he missed that one.

16 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I don’t think they did. 

Just speculating here but wonder if Petrie knew how murky this was going to get and decided to bailout before it all got too stressful for him due to the untold pressure he would almost certainly be put under from The Cabal to cover their arses.

39 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

On the face of it, this should be an open and shut case - but if decades of child abuse can be swept upper the carpet with little or no judicial or media interest - just 3 year 'internal investigations'

This 2 year investigation,now 3 has been mentioned a few times in recent weeks in different conversations,No victims have been spoken to ,that’s also been said more than once .

What somebody needs to do is step up and say what it actually was ,It was nothing more than a disgusting deflection tactic by that bastard Lieswell ,Remember it was reported to the stock exchange at the time as shareholders are legally entitled to know of any investigation going on that could affect their investment,Nothing happened so there was no investigation,Just a disgusting deflection tactic from a well known liar ,

Archived