dummiesoot

The SPFL (in)competence thread

It could be the league is called on monday simply because the last day of the actual season was due for this sunday. Remember.....Scottish cup final was early this year due to Hampden being used for Euro championship.

8 minutes ago, Fatman10 said:

Won't even be the same teams involved, players contracts expiring etc and obvious scum reinforcement of players with their tainted CL finances, where is the sporting integrity or even sporting merit?, the whole thing is a joke tbh. 

Agree 100% and I put that point in a post a week or so as well.

It would just be wrong on every level you could think of and if it was any team other than the tarriers going to benefit from this nonsense it would never have been mentioned. 

17 minutes ago, 72barca said:

I'll bet the Jap was fuming that the league wasn't called today. Maybe he doesn't have as much power as everybody thinks !!

That is a joke. Isn’t it?

49 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Just found this it may answer the question why Null and void was not being talked about. On the 6th April it was reported that FIFA  was to extend this season and the transfer window INDEFINITELY' and allow last-minute contract extensions for players. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8191599/FIFA-confirm-2019-20-season-extended-INDEFINITELY.html

When did the SPFL tell Uefa that clubs wanted to call the league?

Bobby Hume likes this

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Agree 100% and I put that point in a post a week or so as well.

It would just be wrong on every level you could think of and if it was any team other than the tarriers going to benefit from this nonsense it would never have been mentioned. 

Yep and as SEMA has said it isn't even being questioned or challenged by anyone, reeks of corruption and desperation from that lot.

18 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

League is getting called on Monday. Never was getting called today.....

“Basically agreed today and confirmed on Monday” 

Agreed by who though, I fucking hope we never agreed to this smash and grab of the title.  

esquire8 likes this

3 hours ago, Brackley said:

Screenshot_20200515-154254_Chrome.jpg

Please don’t make me put a <sarcasm> tag on my posts. :lol:
I was just pointing out that we were still in the running until they decided to rush through the end of the season for ra filth.

Brackley likes this

28 minutes ago, Fatman10 said:

Yep and as SEMA has said it isn't even being questioned or challenged by anyone, reeks of corruption and desperation from that lot.

It does stink of corruption, The SPFL told Uefa before the SPFL proposal that clubs wanted to call the season.

• Was this because FIFA were announcing that they planned to extend this season and the transfer window INDEFINITELY?
  • Is this why they claim null and void is off the table?
  • Is this why PPG was sneaked into the proposal for the Premiership?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I actually think certain parties  likely sat down and said how the fuck do we make it possible to give paedo fc the chance to win the treble this incompletable season.   And thought it's so not possible that we're as well just going full on mental and absurd and trying to blag their way through it.

And even though it got even worse with the Dundee vote shambles, theyve pulled it off as clubs were either desperate for cash, back the tarriers, or dont care as long as it's not to our benefit.

Scottish football will never recover from this.

That's how I see it in my head what happened tbh , let's hope UEFA do the same and we can take on Leverkusen without Havertz et al.

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It does stink of corruption, The SPFL told Uefa before the SPFL proposal that clubs wanted to call the season.

• Was this because FIFA were announcing that they planned to extend this season and the transfer window INDEFINITELY?
  • Is this why they claim null and void is off the table

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

That is one of the most incredible things that has been proposed in this clusterfuck so far IMO, and no one in the press/media seemed to bat an eyelid. It would be another season we were playing in ffs.

Worth remembering this was the SFA who came up with this plan, I am sure they would have put it forward IF we were still in the semi-final and the tarriers were out, aye right.  

Here’s a thought.

Bin the league cup for a year.

Make next league season 3 rotations, for a 33 game season (forget imbalance of home & away - it’s a damn sight fairer than what we’ve been presented with this season...).

Then play out the remaining league games from this term along with the Scottish cup over the first 2 to 3 months of next season.

If it’s good enough for the SFA, it’s good enough for the SPFL.

Euro qualification based on final standings as at March. 

Sweetheart and Bears r us like this

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Here’s a thought.

Bin the league cup for a year.

Make next league season 3 rotations, for a 33 game season (forget imbalance of home & away - it’s a damn sight fairer than what we’ve been presented with this season...).

Then play out the remaining league games from this term along with the Scottish cup over the first 2 to 3 months of next season.

If it’s good enough for the SFA, it’s good enough for the SPFL.

Euro qualification based on final standings as at March. 

My head hurts trying to contemplate that....

The SFA will scrap this seasons Scottish Cup eventually. Them saying they will wait as long as possible, even until 2021, is beyond ridiculous. I'm sure Doncaster and Petrie are having some bet on who is the biggest donkey.

HG5 likes this

Am I right in saying Rangers have went from the correct viewpoint that the season is not complete until all 38 games are finished to just saying end it now and give them the title? 

Is this what's happened? 

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The SFA will scrap this seasons Scottish Cup eventually. Them saying they will wait as long as possible, even until 2021, is beyond ridiculous. I'm sure Doncaster and Petrie are having some bet on who is the biggest donkey.

The money they will lose from annulling it means they will do anything to make it happen. Tbh imo this is more important to the sfa than even giving the scum the chance of their treble. The risk to us is that the other 3 clubs accept poorer squads and less chance of winning as it still brings them in more money from getting another game or2.

I wouldn't be surprised if this goes ahead with rules adjusted to allow new signings to play in the comp. Why not?

at 21:3721:37

celtic to be crowned Scottish champions

A bit more detail now on the celtic story, as the Scottish football season is expected to be officially brought to an end on Monday, BBC Radio 5 Live understands.

The Scottish Professional Football League will announce that the Premiership season - and the Scottish Cup - will not be completed, which means celtic will be awarded their ninth consecutive title. The Hoops were 13 points ahead of Glasgow rivals Rangers with eight games remaining.

Hearts will be relegated, while Rangers, Motherwell and Aberdeen will gain qualification for the Europa League. Dundee United will be promoted to the Scottish Premiership next season.

The lower-league seasons were declared over in April after a controversial ballot.

HG5 likes this

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

How can the SC get scrapped but not the SPFL ?  this whole thing has been all about giving the yahoos the title. Nothing else.

No wonder Scottish football has difficulty attracting sponsorships. The game is run by the yahoos and is rotten to the core. Businesses don’t want to be associated with Scottish football.