SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Send it to SFA SH. Also send in to the smsm. Good find. 👍

It might be better waiting until the French courts find him guilty or not as I'm sure this will need to be disclosed to the LSE. I wonder if the VB could write an article about it?

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The Rangers board has been very good on this issue but we have to be realistic  in  our expectations.  Our problem is  in fact that the other member clubs are run by bigots and  cowards.   I trust our board to do everything in their power in this situation but if such powers are limited by laws, rules and regulations governed entirely by others then there will be a limit to what we can achieve.   Going forward, I now expect Rangers to be vigilant and outspoken on every issue concerning Scottish football.    We need to gain the moral high ground from the corrupt shower who  block our way.

Very good post :tu:

In my opinion, There are a minimum of 3 grounds which would entitle Hearts, Partick Thistle, Stranraer and perhaps Rangers, to institute civil court proceedings against SPFL and the clubs who voted to expel the first 3 clubs.

Firstly, the clubs formed a common purpose. In the case of the premiership , that was to play 38 games against each other with club 12 to be relegated after these games were played. A common purpose creates a duty of care to each other. The actions of certain other members breach that duty. Additionally the SPFL must act in the best interest of all member clubs and I believe they have failed to do so. Their actions and conduct are set out in the dossier prepared by Rangers. The excuse given for abandoning the current campaign is that they want to start a new campaign, excluding Hearts from the Premiership. The chairman of SPFL has stated he hopes this can happen by July. By committing to a new campaign with a different membership , before the existing campaign is complete , a breach of duty occurs.

Secondly, there was material non disclosure by SPFL in their briefing pack to clubs on April 8. As I understand it, no reference was made to the potential rebate claim by broadcasters if the league was called early. Additionally no other options than early termination were presented to clubs who were told this was the only feasible option. It was not. By their actions and omissions SPFL did not act in the best interest of all clubs.

Thirdly, the SPFL motion was not passed. Dundee FC were not legally entitled to change their vote after it was cast. The motion failed and no further motion has been put to the clubs. SPFL are acting illegally.

The pursuers only need to convince the court on any one of these 3 grounds to win the case.

If so, the following remedies should be sought

1- Interdict against SPFL starting a new campaign until the current one is finished, whenever that might be.
2- damages for actual and potential financial loss stemming from their expulsion.
3- the expenses of litigation.

Yours Faithfully

Leslie Deans

20 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

In my opinion, There are a minimum of 3 grounds which would entitle Hearts, Partick Thistle, Stranraer and perhaps Rangers, to institute civil court proceedings against SPFL and the clubs who voted to expel the first 3 clubs.

Firstly, the clubs formed a common purpose. In the case of the premiership , that was to play 38 games against each other with club 12 to be relegated after these games were played. A common purpose creates a duty of care to each other. The actions of certain other members breach that duty. Additionally the SPFL must act in the best interest of all member clubs and I believe they have failed to do so. Their actions and conduct are set out in the dossier prepared by Rangers. The excuse given for abandoning the current campaign is that they want to start a new campaign, excluding Hearts from the Premiership. The chairman of SPFL has stated he hopes this can happen by July. By committing to a new campaign with a different membership , before the existing campaign is complete , a breach of duty occurs.

Secondly, there was material non disclosure by SPFL in their briefing pack to clubs on April 8. As I understand it, no reference was made to the potential rebate claim by broadcasters if the league was called early. Additionally no other options than early termination were presented to clubs who were told this was the only feasible option. It was not. By their actions and omissions SPFL did not act in the best interest of all clubs.

Thirdly, the SPFL motion was not passed. Dundee FC were not legally entitled to change their vote after it was cast. The motion failed and no further motion has been put to the clubs. SPFL are acting illegally.

The pursuers only need to convince the court on any one of these 3 grounds to win the case.

1- Interdict against SPFL starting a new campaign until the current one is finished, whenever that might be.
2- damages for actual and potential financial loss stemming from their expulsion.

Yours Faithfully

Leslie Deans

Well said, Mr Deans. Clear & concise.

UEFA provide celtic and Rangers boost as governing body clear up Aleksander Ceferin confusion
The president of UEFA had suggested there would be a change in European qualification for cancelled leagues but that won't be the case. UEFA have moved to clarify president's Aleksander Ceferin's comments that suggested a change to European qualification for leagues that call time on their current season. Ceferin during in an interview with beIN Sports expressed his belief that most leagues would manage to finish their campaign and told country's that don't they would have to play qualifying rounds for next season's Champions League and Europa League. And celtic, Rangers, Motherwell and Aberdeen, already facing rounds of qualifiers, could have been forced to potentially contend with a big-hitter lurking in qualifying. But now UEFA have moved to clear up Ceferin's stance and what it means for European competition from next season.

A statement said: "With regard to the way some quotes in an interview with beIN have been reported, UEFA wishes to make clear that President Čeferin said that clubs from leagues which were abandoned in this season would still need to be ready to play qualification rounds for next season according to the current access list. He did not mention or hint at any change to the UEFA club competitions access list." It had earlier been reported that the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City could be forced to play qualifiers if the Premier League was cancelled.

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/uefa-provide-celtic-Rangers-boost-22037093

9 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

UEFA provide celtic and Rangers boost as governing body clear up Aleksander Ceferin confusion
The president of UEFA had suggested there would be a change in European qualification for cancelled leagues but that won't be the case. UEFA have moved to clarify president's Aleksander Ceferin's comments that suggested a change to European qualification for leagues that call time on their current season. Ceferin during in an interview with beIN Sports expressed his belief that most leagues would manage to finish their campaign and told country's that don't they would have to play qualifying rounds for next season's Champions League and Europa League. And celtic, Rangers, Motherwell and Aberdeen, already facing rounds of qualifiers, could have been forced to potentially contend with a big-hitter lurking in qualifying. But now UEFA have moved to clear up Ceferin's stance and what it means for European competition from next season.

A statement said: "With regard to the way some quotes in an interview with beIN have been reported, UEFA wishes to make clear that President Čeferin said that clubs from leagues which were abandoned in this season would still need to be ready to play qualification rounds for next season according to the current access list. He did not mention or hint at any change to the UEFA club competitions access list." It had earlier been reported that the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City could be forced to play qualifiers if the Premier League was cancelled.

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/uefa-provide-celtic-Rangers-boost-22037093

As someone else posted the other day, tongue in cheek, that as joint winners of the Europa League we should be guaranteed a spot in the CL group stages.

46 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Yours Faithfully

Leslie Deans

Reconstruction back on agenda apparently 🙄

5 minutes ago, ZZed said:

It would be nice if we started to hear of middling clubs going to the wall; the Motherwell's of the world

The longer the pandemic lasts the more chance of some going into administration but, scum excepted, I hope not.

On 15/05/2020 at 09:30, ElBufalo20 said:

What’s sickening is our own embarrassing results that people are conveniently ignoring now 

We took a combined total of ONE point against St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Hearts and Hamilton in the space of a few weeks which is ultimately our downfall.

Even 8/9 points out of those easy games and the SPFL wouldn’t have had a leg to stand on giving them the title.

If you believe they wouldn’t have gave them the title no matter what the points difference was you’re very naive. 
I can guarantee you that had they been 1 point in front and we had a game in hand they would still have got a worthless title handed to them. 
I can guarantee you if we had been in front there is no way the handing out of a worthless title would even be on the table. 

Just now, Jb85 said:

Stopping Hearts, Stranraer and Partick from sueing so it looks like bad Rangers not letting it go to start preparing for next season. 

Exactly. Reconstruction back on the table because they are petrified that Hearts take them to court and based on Leslie Deans outlook, they would easily win and the spfl know it. Just another stitch-up.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Exactly. Reconstruction back on the table because they are petrified that Hearts take them to court and based on Leslie Deans outlook, they would easily win and the spfl know it. Just another stitch-up.

It’s laughable. Would like to see those who voted it down the first times reason to why they’ve voted through this time if it happens. 

So a resolution and EGM gets knocked back and that is it but reconstruction gets knocked back and you try and try again until you get what you want?

I'm glad I'm up-to-date today.

Pretty sad when they are scared of a law suit by Kelty Hearts. They have so much to fucking hide!

Archived