SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Am I right in thinking Uefa could reject the SFA's club selections for the Europa competitions, if a club is declared the champions without an objective, transparent and non-discriminatory vote that is deemed to be fair?

Yes, they have the right, but would they exercise it, that is the question.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see the season voided and I do feel that it's the fairest action in all leagues.  Even in those where clubs like Liverpool are miles ahead.  I also don't see why it's significantly more problematic to do so than any other options which exist, as all are open to legal challenge.  Fundamentally, I just don't think ANY club should be punished by relegation for an outcome that was never realised/confirmed due to a global pandemic.  And if you can't relegate, you shouldn't be able to award titles.

BUT, that being said, I still struggle to suppress my anger at our own players for absolutely bottling it since January and allowing this situation to arise.  You can bet that this rush for awarding them the title just wouldn't exist if the league was much closer, as it simply wouldn't stand.  Instead, they'd push for null and void as their worst case scenario.

And for that, we can only blame ourselves.  I can't forgive our players for the utter shitebaggery we witnessed in 2020.  We were blowing it on a monumental scale.

If that piece in the Record is right and Rangers have no objection to handing celtic this title, then Rangers are a fucking disgrace.

I don't care who wants to disagree or pipe up with some bullshit reason to back the clubs stance. There's no excuse or justification for it and it undermines a lot of what we've done upto this point in our fight against the SPFL.

40 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Here comes Doncaster n co putting pressure on the government to bail out their incompetence. Read these fucks like a book.

Not a penny of public money should be directed to any of these clubs. 

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

If that piece in the Record is right and Rangers have no objection to handing celtic this title, then Rangers are a fucking disgrace.

I don't care who wants to disagree or pipe up with some bullshit reason to back the clubs stance. There's no excuse or justification for it and it undermines a lot of what we've done upto this point in our fight against the SPFL.

I think you answer yourself  there mate.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I thought Rangers said they preferred to play all games if that didn't happen then call it on points from a point where all teams had played each other the same amount of games

Just now, bornabear said:

I think you answer yourself  there mate.

In what sense? the good work against the SPFL so far?

I've seen a comment that it's political by us or hinting that if it's what's going to happen anyway, it's unwise to stand in the road of it.

There's a matter of princples. 

I don't think anything will stop celtic getting it. But I never thought I'd see the day we'd allow it for political points.

In fact that parts a lie, I seen it coming a mile off. It's infurating when it looks like happening tho.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

I thought Rangers said they preferred to play all games if that didn't happen then call it on points from a point where all teams had played each other the same amount of games

I don't give a care what Rangers said. They should be saying null and void. 

5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I think that's them just putting it out their, can't for the life of me see us agreeing to that, no chance.

7 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Aye but. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Am I right in thinking Uefa could reject the SFA's club selections for the Europa competitions, if a club is declared the champions without an objective, transparent and non-discriminatory vote that is deemed to be fair?

There was a clear support of 81% of members to call the leagues will be their argument.

Right now we should be explaining the truth of that 81% backing to serious players at UEFA.

It was not a straight question of should we call the leagues? asked professionally by the board in the interests of all clubs equally.

It was a recommendation made by the board, clearly not in the interests of all clubs equally, with the caveats of

i) if you say no we will withhold money from you which may result in some clubs falling into financial distress

ii) if you say yes we will allow a phoney discussion on league reconstruction

iii) if you vote NO you may be contacted and be encouraged/coerced into changing your vote to YES to allow the resolution to pass and will be rewarded by unseen and underhand methods

That we are not having an II into this shit is beyond a joke 

Strange how we all say the daily rhetard prints shite day after day, then when they come out mentioning us, it suddenly becomes true.

Read it, digest it, then say to yourself, more fucking shite.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aye but. 

Watch a windswell in fans attitudes too. Go back weeks to when this all started and the narrative is Rangers will fight this, take them to court, there's no way it's happening etc etc etc.

Watch the responses roll in now and it will be night and day. 

24 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Your right mate we didn't mention the title at all. 

We pushed for the release of funds without the need for places being finalised.  Then we could discuss finishing the season or how to end it fairly. 

However it suits the media narrative to paint everything we've done as a way to stop the taigs being given the title only. 

It's also a disgrace that their chairman, manager and captain have been publicly demanding the title.  If we were in front and did the same thing, we would be getting slaughtered. 

it's unbelievable mate, the brass neck 

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I hear your sentiment but please don't call our club a disgrace after everything they have tried to accomplish these last few weeks. Believing everything you read in the Record is disgraceful. Of course Rangers have objections about conceding an unfinished season.

1 minute ago, bornabear said:

Strange how we all say the daily rhetard prints shite day after day, then when they come out mentioning us, it suddenly becomes true.

I said in my post "if true" mate

But it does tie in to some extent with what people have been saying namely Rangers don't want a null-and-void because it will cost them money. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

I hear your sentiment but please don't call our club a disgrace after everything they have tried to accomplish these last few weeks. Believing everything you read in the Record is disgraceful. Of course Rangers have objections about conceding an unfinished season.

I'm sorry, but if the story is true Rangers have "no objection" to this, then they are 110% a disgrace. Disgrace is being kind.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I can mate. Sadly.

Business as usual. 

If that's the case then we'd be as well calling it a day, cause we will have thrown the towel in, just imagine the scum if the rolls we're reversed, we all know it would be null n void already, I'm not fucking having this, the fight must continue.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I'm sorry, but if the story is true Rangers have "no objection" to this, then they are 110% a disgrace. Disgrace is being kind.

Well let's just see if it is true instead of believing a cunt of website/paper who have been publishing bullshit to piss us off for weeks

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Petitions, I sign, but they never seem to go anywhere.

My brother emailed his (SNP) MP and got this this response

Thank you for writing to me. Sport is primarily devolved to the Scottish Parliament. Moreover an early day motion is neither legislation nor enforceable in any way. In these circumstances I will not be signing it.

I recognise though that there are huge issues affecting Scottish football at the moment that need resolved. Some are due to the coronavirus lockdown, others are longstanding. Some indeed since I was a boy.

Fundamentally, the SPFL is a private company representing its constituent members. Its league construction being predicated on TV revenue rather than the good of the game or the interest of fans. My sympathies have therefore always been with the SFA who should represent the game from grassroots to national team. I look with envy at the Scandinavian nations who have out performed us and where its the good of the game that matters not the interests of a few professional clubs that's at the forefront.

I think until that balance is resolved progress will not be made but its for others to pursue elsewhere.  

Take care

That’s actually a very good reply

Why should the government bail out the SPFL for being complete fools and making a cunt of things. 

1 minute ago, bornabear said:

Would be good if the club could refute their claims. I thought the SPFL made this call because they had got their proposal passed giving them rights to say who's the champion.

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

In what sense? the good work against the SPFL so far?

I've seen a comment that it's political by us or hinting that if it's what's going to happen anyway, it's unwise to stand in the road of it.

There's a matter of princples. 

I don't think anything will stop celtic getting it. But I never thought I'd see the day we'd allow it for political points.

In fact that parts a lie, I seen it coming a mile off. It's infurating when it looks like happening tho.

I understand your concerns mate, but think about it, we all know how the rhetard works, we all know what Rangers have said and done.

Would you, as DP, in all we've done in the last few weeks, turn turtle now.

It would be a total disaster for the board to come out with something like that at a time when they're trying to sell season books.

I think not.

Just now, Swally said:

Well let's just see if it is true instead of believing a cunt of website/paper who have been publishing bullshit to piss us off for weeks

I agree, let's. 

However, I think there's truth in it going on how Rangers don't want null-and-void ... so what's the alternative if the season won't be played? if you piece it together there's probably a big element of truth to it.

Archived