SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

The part that gets me is the "All clubs have uniamously agreed to end the season" If true then that should be the end of the board.

As far as I understood it it didnt need all clubs to agree to push it through (sure it was only 8/9?) so why would we agree to it other than for our own personal benefit? (We get the prize money) 

It seems like the statements from the last 3/4 weeks were just the board blowing smoke up our arses in preparation for this. As it stands today absolutely nothing has changed at the SPFL board level, the taigs have just been handed the title & I'll be absolutely shocked in Hearts (or anybody else for that matter) actually get relegated. 

Meanwhile we've announced a new kit deal on a Sunday morning to try and keep the fans who are buttoned up at the back onside with the board & sent out an email reminding people about season tickets....you honestly cant write this shit

Spot on. Sadly.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if this has been answered already, but why have the club voted for this on top of last weeks agreement that paved the way for this that the league cannot be completed?  There must have been more than us not happy with these proposals.  Was it a case that we needed more than 25% of the SPFL league clubs vote to block this?

Season 19/20 is finished. There will be no backlash from us or anyone else. Plenty saying they’re done due to the club agreeing to this etc. Ibrox will be a sell out on the first game of next season and we will go again. That’s the reality.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

There was no vote. Premiership clubs unanimously agreed that the season could not be finished. As per the resolution that was voted for, that meant the SPFL had the power to call the league.

👍

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

See Hearts statement is basically confirming legal action if there is no reconstruction

It's all talk and no walk. They will be compensated for being relegated. Reconstruction won't happen as the Premiership won't allow it.

Nothing was guaranteed. The league was ended early and every argument is valid. 

Hope Rangers release a statement telling us the next step as a loss of possible prize money is massive. 

Just now, GersInCanada said:

Were tic going to win the title ? Probably

Were Hearts going to finish bottom ? Possibly

But if Deans called it right then this has all been done illegally. But that is a fight for others.

Our board must continue the fight against the SPFL's failure of proper governance and root them all out. 

Correct, any other "throwing the toys out the pram" behaviour simply undermines the progress already made in that respect and risks losing the traction we've made already.  If we did throw our toys out, likelihood is we lose those we've already got seriously listening to us.  If we lose that, we can expect many more years of the same...keep them on-board.     

1 minute ago, Coop said:

Apologies if this has been answered already, but why have the club voted for this on top of last weeks agreement that paved the way for this that the league cannot be completed?  There must have been more than us not happy with these proposals.  Was it a case that we needed more than 25% of the SPFL league clubs vote to block this?

There was no vote. There was an agreement that the season couldn't be completed. Once that agreement was in place on Friday, the SPFL are duty bound to allow a few days for any possible extraordinary circumstances to happen. Nothing happened.

Another meeting today to basically confirm everything that is happening and that's it. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gies restructure to save our arses or we're sueing.  Honest to fuck I hope its fucked out the ballpark, they go down, and do sue. They wont have the balls.

That's what the bullying and corruption relies on.

17 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm kinda lost here. 

If the season can't be finished as per government and PFA guidelines are Rangers to sit at these meetings and just keep saying Na we are not agreeing to it? 

As esky says the vote made this possible there was null and void or any other outcome. On the table. 

There was never any outcome other than this thanks to Dundee and their vote. 

I dont get what it is we can do that people think we should? We are going after them for maladministration not because Dundee done what they done but because of the spfl breaking their own rules. 

I don't exactly like this but maybe someone can tell me what I'm missing regards if the season won't be played out on the park what else we are supposed to do? 

Also, why would we go to court and delay our own £2.3m payment to push an outcome where would we end up with less money.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gies restructure to save our arses or we're sueing.  Honest to fuck I hope its fucked out the ballpark, they go down, and do sue. They wont have the balls.

Shes only after the money. Threatening legal action will never come to fruition.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You can also look upon it as her seeing out all options available so when/if it does go to court it’ll probably better her chances of winning.  She must know reconstruction is a no go by now, maybe just playing along with it to say she did all she could to prevent court action. 

17 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

And what happens to the European place should Hibs or Hearts win it? 

Goes on league standing positions.

Do you think its right that clubs should finish this competition potentially in 2021 with entirely different squads from the ones which started it?

EPL: Hasn't called a clearly over league; team ahead by 25 points.

SPFL: Calls a not clearly over league; team ahead by 13 points.

:belm: 

We should be asking something we know the answer to; but just to see what the SPFL say.

"Why has Scottish football decided there was 'no other option' than to call the league; when no other British league has? Especially ones that are clearly all but done?"

Just now, esquire8 said:

There was no vote. There was an agreement that the season couldn't be completed. Once that agreement was in place on Friday, the SPFL are duty bound to allow a few days for any possible extraordinary circumstances to happen. Nothing happened.

Another meeting today to basically confirm everything that is happening and that's it. 

Cheers man.  I thought we'd have held out but I suppose the board would have been testing the water with other clubs individually and probably thought we didn't have the numbers to win the argument. I don't know what standing alone as the sole dissenting voice would have achieved outwith the club but it certainly would have got the approval of most of the fan base.

8 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Were tic going to win the title ? Probably

Were Hearts going to finish bottom ? Possibly

But if Deans called it right then this has all been done illegally. But that is a fight for others.

Our board must continue the fight against the SPFL's failure of proper governance and root them all out. 

Please never call them tic as it’s a pet name for them as there’s plenty of appropriately derogatory names we should be calling them 😷 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Don't lose sight of the fact that it was the SPFL board who awarded tic the title and expelled Hearts once the inevitable decision was reached regarding ending the season.

1 minute ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

We should be asking something we know the answer to; but just to see what the SPFL say.

"Why has Scottish football decided there was 'no other option' than to call the league; when no other British league has? Especially ones that are clearly all but done?"

Because the Scottish Government has basically said there’s no prospect of football restarting here any time soon.

If there was ever a time for more serious thinking and action about joining the English leagues now is the time to be doing them. They may well want to shake things up down south following all this. 

Imagine the joy of sticking up two fingers to the spfl and saying good luck for the future of part time football.

Alas probably just a dream but it would be amazing. 

Just now, TheFamousPigeon said:

Only reason the EPL hasn't went forward with some sort of winding up the season is the huge paying back of Sky, BT and international tv. Would burst the money bubble completely.

The corrupt cunts at the SPFL have got exactly what they wanted and awarded the league title to them.But what really gets me is this is entirely our own fault,if the team hadn’t collapsed again after the winter break and kept within a couple of points there’s no way they could have done what they have.

Archived