SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

Please never call them tic as it’s a pet name for them as there’s plenty of appropriately derogatory names we should be calling them 😷 

Apologies for my poor choice of words. No offense intended.

Sickening as it may be, this was always the way it was going to play out. Our board can, and will, do nothing about this and the threat of legal action from anyone will achieve the squad root of........
The blame of this lies firmly with the embarrassing performance of the team post Dubai that presented this opportunity in the first place.  End now or play out the season,  they were winning the league as we were hopeless, that’s why so many of us clung on to null and void, our team were winning nowt.  
We really need to get ourselves in order for whatever comes when football returns. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Only reason the EPL hasn't went forward with some sort of winding up the season is the huge paying back of Sky, BT and international tv. Would burst the money bubble completely.

That and the cost of isolating and testing everyone involved is a drop in the ocean for them.

18 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

Would love to see the biggest balls ever:

"We have today taken note of the SPFL decision to hand over the title to celtic. We believe this further validates and confirms our earlier stance and arguments as put forward in the dossier last week. As such we, together with Hearts (etc), will be taking legal action as to the governance of Scottish Football who have not only decided to call a league before our neighbours; whom have a team 23 points ahead; but also suggest at finishing cup competitions whilst declaring the inability to finish league games. We regret to have to pursue this path but believe we have no choice as as club who believes in sporting integrity and standing up for what is right."

:lol:  I wish.

It should be something along those lines . We will be ridiculed , whatever it is .Yet at least we carry on with the fight

Just now, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Their next corrupt move will be to keep Hearts up. Moral.

How do they achieve that and promote those mingers from Dundee?  They'd need reconstruction.

4 minutes ago, jim beam said:

The corrupt cunts at the SPFL have got exactly what they wanted and awarded the league title to them.But what really gets me is this is entirely our own fault,if the team hadn’t collapsed again after the winter break and kept within a couple of points there’s no way they could have done what they have.

They won on points per game, I’ll assure you that if that gave them an advantage of 0.000001 points per game they would be giving the title today.  We deserved our chance to win the league just as Hearts deserved their chance of avoiding relegation. 

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Sickening as it may be, this was always the way it was going to play out. Our board can, and will, do nothing about this and the threat of legal action from anyone will achieve the squad root of........
The blame of this lies firmly with the embarrassing performance of the team post Dubai that presented this opportunity in the first place.  End now or play out the season,  they were winning the league as we were hopeless, that’s why so many of us clung on to null and void, our team were winning nowt.  
We really need to get ourselves in order for whatever comes when football returns. 

I hate to see posts like this today mate . I really do 

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

There will be no reconstruction. Clubs that want reconstruction will be compensated for their potential losses.

What about our potential loss - the league was by no means a cert.  Potential 4 points in it with  a further 6 games to play. And we all know how they like to bottle it when it's a close finish.

And it's not just them being a potential 30 to 40 million better off through champions league, it's double that as if we got it, it's a 60 to 80 million swing, as well as increase in advertising, sponsorship, DVD / BLuerays re champions, merchandising etc.

It's a game changer from them pulling away , to us being right down their throats (no jokes please).

2 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Their next corrupt move will be to keep Hearts up. Moral.

Can’t see it,reconstruction will not happen Hearts will be relegated but will receive some sort of monetary compensation in an out of court settlement that will have confidentiality clause in it.

1 minute ago, Coop said:

How do they achieve that and promote those mingers from Dundee?  They'd need reconstruction.

These fuckers are doing what they want especially to us or haven't you noticed. Who knows bud but I'm suspicious of every move they make. 

9 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

If there was ever a time for more serious thinking and action about joining the English leagues now is the time to be doing them. They may well want to shake things up down south following all this. 

Imagine the joy of sticking up two fingers to the spfl and saying good luck for the future of part time football.

Alas probably just a dream but it would be amazing. 

Way too late. Should have done it 2012

7 minutes ago, jim beam said:

The corrupt cunts at the SPFL have got exactly what they wanted and awarded the league title to them.But what really gets me is this is entirely our own fault,if the team hadn’t collapsed again after the winter break and kept within a couple of points there’s no way they could have done what they have.

Sorry I don't accept that. We could have been a couple of points behind with a game in hand and they would have come to the same decision. Look at Partick.

3 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

They won on points per game, I’ll assure you that if that gave them an advantage of 0.000001 points per game they would be giving the title today.  We deserved our chance to win the league just as Hearts deserved their chance of avoiding relegation. 

Of course we deserved a chance albeit how slim it was but I still maintain being so many points behind was a gift for the SPFL to construct exactly how they could award it to them.

1 minute ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

These fuckers are doing what they want especially to us or haven't you noticed. Who knows bud but I'm suspicious of every move they make. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they felt emboldened enough to do as they please.  None of the clubs outwith the SPFL and most of the one's in it couldn't afford the legal costs taking them to court so they can and do act with impunity.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Sorry I don't accept that. We could have been a couple of points behind with a game in hand and they would have come to the same decision. Look at Partick.

We made it easy for them in being so far apart in points.If we where a couple of points behind them it would have been much harder for them to award the title to them.

Archived