SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were getting handed the league the moment the corrupt vote went through. The best we could and can hope for is clearing out the spfl. I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't follow through with action against Doncaster and co.

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

On what basis can Rangers go to court with respect to the league being called? 

People are conflating two entirely separate issues. One being the awarding of a title (zero basis for court action from Rangers), the other being SPFL leadership & governance (of which there is basis but, IMO, is unlikely to happen). 

I never said that. I said against the SPFL.  

The Olympics  mile  race for the gold medal  is on ,one runner is out in front but some way from the finishing line , when due to totally unforessen circumstances the race is halted abruptly there and then.The judges give the guy out in front the gold medal .Can you imagine the furore there would be about that kind of decision. 

The gift to sellick was never in any doubt and was decided some time ago within the inner secret chamber of the SPFL.

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I'm off to spend some time in the garden. Hopefully by then the lurkers wanting entertainment will have disappeared.

Enjoy the rest of your day bears and bearettes, Don't let the B'ds grind you down. 

Dont forget  it's always grim to be a Tim 

(Dont worry I'll no say anything about the bridgeman bingo) oops  

16 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

They handed raith their league with only 1 point between them and Falkirk mate. 

If we were closer I still think they would have done the same. 

Possible but I think we would have put a right fucking fight up first,can you imagine the riots if we were only 1 point behind and they done what they have.They wouldn’t have the bottle.

After reading the Hearts statement, they deserve to go down. They have missed the point, the principle that they play in a corrupt league. Instead, offer us reconstruction and we will be happy to continue to be governed by you.  Weak as fuck.

Nobody wants to stand like a man and be counted (with maybe the exception of Stenhousemuir)

10 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

People are conflating two entirely separate issues. One being the awarding of a title (zero basis for court action from Rangers), the other being SPFL leadership & governance (of which there is basis but, IMO, is unlikely to happen). 

Esky , can't you keep all your inside information for another day :hmmm:

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

Following today’s decision to end the 2019/20 Premiership season and expel Heart of Midlothian Football Club from the top flight, the club would like to provide a brief update to both its fans and the wider Scottish football audience.

We have stated from the outset that we don’t believe it is right that any club should be unfairly penalised because of the Covid-19 pandemic. It was previously indicated that league reconstruction would not generate enough support to pass a vote between member clubs.  In recent days a number of positive talks have been held with both the SPFL and member clubs and this topic is currently being revisited.

Hearts will shortly submit a member’s resolution that we believe is a pragmatic solution to the issues the game currently faces and a way forward that the clubs can unite behind. It is our belief that this resolution, if supported, will provide an opportunity to avoid disproportionately disadvantaging - financially and otherwise - any club. 

This is possibly the final chance for our game to stand together, protect each other and not only survive but flourish in the aftermath of this terrible pandemic. Players from across all leagues have shown a desire for reconstruction and having already received support from some clubs we are hopeful that this resolution can positively progress Scottish football.

As previously intimated the club has been taking legal advice throughout this process and are continuing to do so. We hope that the resolution being prepared will avoid the need to go down this route. Legal action would be both time consuming and expensive. However the cost to the club of relegation would outweigh these considerations.

To our supporters, we thank you for showing patience and continuing to back the club. We will continue to fight against what we believe is an unjust outcome.

So when McLennan said it was unanimous,did he include Hearts aswell as us?

4 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Possible but I think we would have put a right fucking fight up first,can you imagine the riots if we were only 1 point behind and they done what they have.They wouldn’t have the bottle.

If were ahead on PPG do you think they'd have awarded us the title using this method?  They absolutely would do PPG in the scum favour even if it was only 1 point in it. This past few months shambles demonstrates anything and everything must be done for that purpose.

18 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So do Hibs get the Scottish Cup as they scored more goals than anybody else and were first to qualify for the semi finals?

Is that how the new world of “football played on paper” works? 

Utter shambles.

Very good point. If the season can't be completed then surely the team with the best stats get the cup? Seems only fair. 

3 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

So when McLennan said it was unanimous,did he include Hearts aswell as us?

Unanimous to say theres no way to play the remaining games of the season. Because there's not. The focus is on getting the new season started so financial penalties dont come from that starting late.

21 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So do Hibs get the Scottish Cup as they scored more goals than anybody else and were first to qualify for the semi finals?

Is that how the new world of “football played on paper” works? 

Utter shambles.

Seems a fair/corrupt way to do things.  

Why give a fuck about who's viewing the forum ffs

They know they didn't win it and they'll need to live with that forever

We can argue all day about the other 8 and how legit they are however there is zero chat about 9 its 100% * 

25 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

How about they can't guarantee they would have won the title.    Remember they beat us at Ibrox 2-0 petrov and Bellamy scoring to go 5 pts ahead with 4 games to go and there was a 6 point swing in our favour.  

More like the club are not prepared to take it to court because of the expense 

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

How about they can't guarantee they would have won the title.    Remember they beat us at Ibrox 2-0 petrov and Bellamy scoring to go 5 pts ahead with 4 games to go and there was a 6 point swing in our favour.  

Sorry but I’m a stickler for stats.

It was 2-1.

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

That’s not a legal basis, it’s a sporting argument (which is correct) but you’d be laughed out of court. 

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

That’s not a legal basis, it’s a sporting argument (which is correct) but you’d be laughed out of court. 

Surely the club could have a claim regarding prize money and the potential Champions League cash, though?

Not that I expect that to happen btw.

We won’t even have a representative on SPFL board next season to keep an eye on the bastards,  Peter will be there cleaning up making sure everything’s hunky dory and tightening the Fenian grip.

Going to be another rough season I think on and off the park.

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

Surely the club could have a claim regarding prize money and the potential Champions League cash, though?

Not that I expect that to happen btw.

I’m not sure ‘we might have clawed back 13 points then won 4 qualifying ties in a competition nobody knows what it’ll look like or when it’ll start’ will wash either, unfortunately. 

From a legal perspective it would presumably be damages/loss of earning but seems a tenuous argument to me. 

The only Premiership club who have a possible legal argument is Hearts, IMO but even then I think it’s fairly weak. They wont pursue legal action anyway regardless of their bluster 

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Why would it be laughed out of court?   You are proving without doubt that the title was not won as the SPFL are making out.   Then there is the Dundee vote,  it all just stinks from high heavens.  

The club must do something, legal action now stops the new season starting, stops Scottish clubs entering Europe and will fuck up the sky deal ,  

This is what the club should be saying and if teams want to go down that route and go to the wall then that's not our concern 

In all my decades following football, I have never seen such a shambles as the mob running our game the past decade 

Archived