Ferguson and Dykes

14 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There’s more than one. Go through the Tarriers team and you’ll get near a full team mate 😂

I assume you mean Naismith though, which is garbage.

Naismith stuck out a mile the 2 Tynecastle games mate , bullied us ,  can’t remember of another performance against us in the spl I thought I’d take him especially from the 2 mentioned in this thread 

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

neither are really inspiring, if we want to win the league then we have to be looking at better options then these two and anyone who thinks Dykes can match Edouard's numbers is living on another planet regardless of what you think of him and as for Ferguson is he really any better then what we have now?  i'm not so sure.

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

neither are really inspiring, if we want to win the league then we have to be looking at better options then these two and anyone who thinks Dykes can match Edouard's numbers is living on another planet regardless of what you think of him and as for Ferguson is he really any better then what we have now?  i'm not so sure.

Do you honestly believe Dykes would be our replacement for Alfie and be expected to match Eduard's figures?

Anything to make it more negative, eh?

Anyway DE has said it is a pile of shite. I will take that for the moment 

We should have got Dykes in last summer. Would depend on the price we could get both Dykes and Ferguson for, we need to get value for money - particularly if (at least initially) both prob won't be guaranteed starters. We made additions last season, but didn't really add quality to our first 11 - we prob need to add 3 first team players plus a couple of squad players.

We need to be buying first team players and those they replace should become the squad player who then ups his game to get his place back. 

we should not be buying squad players or “potential” not now or in the near future. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jersey-Rangers said:

gamble 2 of em  you neva no thou

I said last year we needed a big tall physical striker for when teams sit back especially at home. I dont think they need to be an gifted footballer but imposing enough so it forces team out even just a little because if they dont then we could just throw crosses in at will and put pressure on them constantly, we dont have that type of striker at the moment so teams can sit back and force us to try and play through them. Like I said, doesn't have to be as gifted as a Morelos or Defo when it comes to striker play just be a big battering ram and force the opposition to make tactical decisions. I think LD could play that role.

16 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I'm not against the idea of Ferguson but I still think he would be a gamble. Also Aberdeen would be difficult to deal with

Not so sure considering how skint theyll be. 

Definitely think McKenna will be off to them and ajer will be away, which may make things difficult as they will be into some money, just depends who gets bought first and if celtic sell ajer quickly.

47 minutes ago, The Blue said:

I said last year we needed a big tall physical striker for when teams sit back especially at home. I dont think they need to be an gifted footballer but imposing enough so it forces team out even just a little because if they dont then we could just throw crosses in at will and put pressure on them constantly, we dont have that type of striker at the moment so teams can sit back and force us to try and play through them. Like I said, doesn't have to be as gifted as a Morelos or Defo when it comes to striker play just be a big battering ram and force the opposition to make tactical decisions. I think LD could play that role.

Bingo, we play a system where crosses are a plenty, why not have the option of a big brute burly, fuck you, type of striker that will knock fuck out of the opposition defences

Archived