Ferguson and Dykes

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

I wouldnt take any of them. Simple questio we need to ask ourselfs here. Would they be in the starting 11? NO. Would they win us the league? NO. Are they good for the bench? YES.

Ferguson would walk into our midfield  he is miles better than Kamara  , Arfield  and Davis  are well past their sell by date  and he  is not injury prone like Jack  he likes a tackle can pass and chip in with goals. The added bonus is he is a fan  don’t underestimate this  just look at our most successful sides under Walter and Eck both had a strong Core of bluenoses 

2 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Ferguson would walk into our midfield  he is miles better than Kamara  , Arfield  and Davis  are well past their sell by date  and he  is not injury prone like Jack  he likes a tackle can pass and chip in with goals. The added bonus is he is a fan  don’t underestimate this  just look at our most successful sides under Walter and Eck both had a strong Core of bluenoses 

Who said this lewis ferguson is a blue nose?

Mate barry ferguson was my hero as a player but his we nephew has raised his game against us anytime he has played against us and been hiding  against the taigs. Barry Ferguson was not long ago saying his nephew would consider celtic if they came in for him. He also plays for the sheepshagers a team  we despise  . 

These younger generations now dont care the way we used to and still do. Look at Scott allan. I knew him as a big Rangers fan and the we cunt was a turn coat bastard.

8 hours ago, MARK92GERS said:

Tin hat on here but given the league will be priority these are exactly the signings we need imo would be great additions 

Hammer throwers against hammer throwers. 
if true going away slightly from the European game we seem to be better at, at this time. 

6 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Who said this lewis ferguson is a blue nose?

Mate barry ferguson was my hero as a player but his we nephew has raised his game against us anytime he has played against us and been hiding  against the taigs. Barry Ferguson was not long ago saying his nephew would consider celtic if they came in for him. He also plays for the sheepshagers a team  we despise  . 

These younger generations now dont care the way we used to and still do. Look at Scott allan. I knew him as a big Rangers fan and the we cunt was a turn coat bastard.

What?  I have never watched him other than against us  I never watch that lot unless it’s against us either so can’t comment on his performances against them 

The lad is a Rangers  supporter  it’s sad but true but  every professional player would consider playing for them  McGregor Forrest Brown  Allan  Morgan  Taylor in recent years have all taken the plunge Despite being Gers fans  it’s their job they have families to look after they go for the financial security  but I guarantee that if Rangers had been interested and more or less matched the offer they would have chosen us   

Whilst both aren't exactly blockbuster names, they are tested and proven in the division. Many signings Gerrard (albeit Mark Allen) made were guys like Coulibaly and Sadiq who were brought in with hope rather than expectation.

I would like to see us sign guys like this who are proven in the division to be improved by our staff rather than random squad players - AS LONG as game-changing first team players are also brought in.

My worry would be if these two were considered as the quality rather than the improvement of the squad.

9 hours ago, dougal72 said:

Nonsense , a low cost punt that could go either way. If we sign him and he does nothing then we move him on. Could also do us a turn. Walter made dozens of similar signings, some did us a turn, some didn't. It's not like we would sign him as a replacement for Morelos

Exactly, that's what Shankland will be brought in for

2 hours ago, Ace said:

Currently we live & breathe in Scotland & thats where our success MUST come from.

To that end, signing players who have proven they can successfully ply their trade here & compete while at a lower level club is exactly why we should be signing them.

Our European runs are fantastic & a boon to our stature & finances but Gerrard HAS to deliver a trophy next season and, lets be honest, it has to be the league.

We didnt lose that league because of results against CFC but against Hearts, Sheep etc. & these guys have shown they compete at that level

This.

Gerrard’s football with Davis, Jack and Kamara looks great and has been really effective in Europe.

But the blood and snotters of the Scottish game means that, sometimes, you need to compromise. These two were made for Rugby Park on a wet Tuesday night in February with a gale blowing when tippy tappy is never going to work.

I think Gerrard hoped Docherty would be the grafter in his “Scottish” team as he recognises that, in certain positions, you need completely different options.

If the money is reasonable, get them in because Morelos will leave and, brilliant though Defoe is, he can’t outrun defenders anymore.

Got to admit..if these  2 players are the type of player we are targeting then we might aswell give them another title the now

decent spfl players but have found their level, I don’t see anymore in them that suggests they have more to give to step up to the level we need next season.

Dykes as an option off the bench in domestic games is a no brainer. He would likely be 3rd choice striker and would offer something we dont currently have.

Anyone not impressed by how well Ferguson has played against us, and how well he's played in the league in general, are kidding themselves on.

Its paper talk and theres likely nothing to it. If there was, these 2 wouldnt be classed as 1st picks but would certainly prove the squad.

Honestly think cunts just want to moan and be negative for the sake of it these days.

Even the biggest clubs have bought a "battering ram" striker at times, just for the effect against more hardened defenders at every level. 

I could see them being useful for the squad, and would have an effect against the Scottish hammer throwers, even the occasional physical European team.

So not a problem, they can be useful, and if we are not spending huge sums, a few in our squad would be a bonus.

Coincidentally, another battling forward striker called Ferguson once did us well.

Dykes has impressed me every time we've played Livi tbh. Thought he ragdolled Katic at Ibrox earlier in the season - same to the celtic defence when they beat them.

I think he's also got that arrogant attitude we like in a Rangers player. Chest out, time to get stuck in. I think he'd be a really good and different option.

10 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I can understand why people are underwhelmed or thinking ffs groundhog day with Scottish league dross and I'd normally agree with that, but just not with these two.

Ferguson is someone who has genuinely impressed me the last couple of years.

Gerrard for his managerial shortcomings elsewhere, I think could bring someone like Lewis Ferguson (and Dykes) on. 

Lewis Ferguson is a type who would go down South and become a star with the same sort of development as Gerrard would give him. He's probably the only player outwith the Old Firm in Scotland that impresses me regular. 

He's steely, something that we badly lack in our midfielder.

I think our midfielders, for all they are good technical footballers who can play well, on their day in various environments, are  still very powderpuff (Jack, Davis, Kamara, Aribo) 

He also knows where the net is so could chip in with goals we badly lack from midfield.

Regards Dykes, the reasons are a lot more simple - we need a physical presence upfront. We've been crying out for that for years. Since Jelavic IMO. Defoe is classy enough and a decent goal return on him, but he can't mix it up upfront and certainly struggles upfront himself in a lot of games. It can be easy to shut him out. Dykes can bully and hastle some of the hammer throwers.

Ive been quite impressed with Ferguson any time he's played against us - the fact you canny stand him is generally a good start , imo . Weve been badly missing a bully in midfield , the Ian Ferguson type of player , and he'd fit that bill perfectly . 

Arguably , a more important target than Hagi . 

When we left the dump at end of last year absolutely everyone that day was believing the title was coming home.

This current group of players can perform at a level capable of beating any side in Scotland its about finding that level consistently over 38games.

We need 2/3 proven quality players that have the ability to drag us over the line when we are struggling.

Imo both these lads a squad players at best. Prior to the break I doubt they make our 18 match day squad

Archived