Ferguson and Dykes

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excluding celtic for obvious reasons , there’s not a single player in any spl team good enough to play with us, apart from one who would bring meltdown if he signed and rightly so , the leagues honking ,

the current players we have signed in recent times from spl teams can be good on their day but they’re never dominating spl title winning players ,

the days of signing the likes of Kevin Thomson from hibs and Neil McCann from hearts and them being important title winning Rangers players are long long gone 

7 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Excluding them for obvious reasons , there’s not a single player in any spl team good enough to play with us, apart from one who would bring meltdown if he signed and rightly so , the leagues honking ,

the current players we have signed in recent times from spl teams can be good on their day but they’re never dominating spl title winning players ,

the days of signing the likes of Kevin Thomson from hibs and Neil McCann from hearts and them being important title winning Rangers players are long long gone 

There’s more than one. Go through the Tarriers team and you’ll get near a full team mate 😂

I assume you mean Naismith though, which is garbage.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There’s more than one. Go through the Tarriers team and you’ll get near a full team mate 😂

I assume you mean Naismith though, which is garbage.

I excluded them first line 

8 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

Thats an unreal post Kamberi over Hagi. Some of our fans are frightening 😆

Kamberi was in 5 or 6 games our most dangerous player, gerrard failed to start him a few times after yet again coming on and changing the game for us, Hagi signing is not worth £4million pounds as of yet, need more convincing and consistency, like kent who has no where reached his £7 million  price tag, I hope we can get nother year of loaning Hagi.

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Kamberi was in 5 or 6 games our most dangerous player, gerrard failed to start him a few times after yet again coming on and changing the game for us, Hagi signing is not worth £4million pounds as of yet, need more convincing and consistency, like kent who has no where reached his £7 million  price tag, I hope we can get nother year of loaning Hagi

Lewis Ferguson has something about him. Any better than McCrorie though? I think not.

Dykes is not for me I’m afraid. Kamberi is higher quality imo and he’s 3rd choice. For our style of play were we are obliged to dominate games and play in the oppositions third, I can’t see Dykes working.

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We don’t need anymore “decent squad players”

we should stop buying squad players that are no better than what we have.  

I'd fully agree we should be concentrating on bringing in first team ready quality players. But theres also balance to be had with replacing squad players with others who improve the squad.

There's several keepers who are better than Firth and Fod (out of contract in May) and could potentially challenge McGregor more.

The Hearts kid Hickey would be worth the investment and a better fit as cover at LB/RB than Flanagan (also ooc in May). 

Dorrans, Halliday, and Ojo all likely away, heaven forbid it happens but Scott Allen and Naismith would offer us more.

Kamberi will likely leave, leaving us at most Morelos / Defoe. Having Cosgrove or Dykes would give us a different style and option we dont currently have.

Now I'm not suggesting any / all should be signed, especially as some would cost significant fees I'd prefer spent on real quality. But there is also a case for recycling out squad players who offer nothing, and bringing in better players more likely to be able to contribute, especially if the youths arent ready.

I actually think the youth full backs plus Stephen Kelly and the McCrories will get integrated into the squad and our focus WILL be on quality additions. But I'd have no issue if we also improved the squad, theres plenty scope for it as I've mentioned above.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd fully agree we should be concentrating on bringing in first team ready quality players. But theres also balance to be had with replacing squad players with others who improve the squad.

There's several keepers who are better than Firth and Fod (out of contract in May) and could potentially challenge McGregor more.

The Hearts kid Hickey would be worth the investment and a better fit as cover at LB/RB than Flanagan (also ooc in May). 

Dorrans, Halliday, and Ojo all likely away, heaven forbid it happens but Scott Allen and Naismith would offer us more.

Kamberi will likely leave, leaving us at most Morelos / Defoe. Having Cosgrove or Dykes would give us a different style and option we dont currently have.

Now I'm not suggesting any / all should be signed, especially as some would cost significant fees I'd prefer spent on real quality. But there is also a case for recycling out squad players who offer nothing, and bringing in better players more likely to be able to contribute, especially if the youths arent ready.

I actually think the youth full backs plus Stephen Kelly and the McCrories will get integrated into the squad and our focus WILL be on quality additions. But I'd have no issue if we also improved the squad, theres plenty scope for it as I've mentioned above.

I can’t help think though that squad players should be pushing our first team players all the way. For so many years now there’s a clear distinction between who is a squad player and who is a first team player. 

I’d like those lines blurred if I’m honest.  

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I can’t help think though that squad players should be pushing our first team players all the way. For so many years now there’s a clear distinction between who is a squad player and who is a first team player. 

I’d like those lines blurred if I’m honest.  

I'd agree. I'm just not sure that given the starting point of where we're at, how many in the 1st team squad are still contracted, and how much it would cost to allow us to get there means its feasible without doing it in stages.

53 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I think it’s more along the line that a Dykes/Cosgrove in squad it gives us a Different option.

We seen first hand in the Young Boys game how having a big battering ram of a striker as an option can change a game completely. They brought on Horoau and they dominated from that point on by going more direct.

I don’t know if Dykes is the right player for that for us (I think our interest in him is real though) but it’s an option we don’t have in the squad, especially in games where we try the same patterns of play over and over again and can’t break teams down.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We seen first hand in the Young Boys game how having a big battering ram of a striker as an option can change a game completely. They brought on Horoau and they dominated from that point on by going more direct.

I don’t know if Dykes is the right player for that for us (I think our interest in him is real though) but it’s an option we don’t have in the squad, especially in games where we try the same patterns of play over and over again and can’t break teams down.

An option especially when our plan B is balls to full backs to lob into the box.

Unless we're offloading a bunch of squad players and looking at these boys to come in and fill that role you may as well give them the 10th title today as well. If most of us are smart enough to see that, I'll trust that Gerrard and his team are too.

6 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Unless we're offloading a bunch of squad players and looking at these boys to come in and fill that role you may as well give them the 10th title today as well. If most of us are smart enough to see that, I'll trust that Gerrard and his team are too.

Think it would cost decent money for Ferguson so unlikely that he’d be a squad player.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Think it would cost decent money for Ferguson so unlikely that he’d be a squad player.

Aye, fair point. He also has potential to be a great player further down the line which may help with selling him on, but if we're going to spend millions on a player in the summer it needs to be shrewd business for people who can make an immediate impact.

Archived