Istanbul 2005

Carragher with a career-defining performance too.

When it was first announced that Gerrard got the job I’m sure there were murmurs about Carragher coming in but I don’t think he’s ever been interested in entering coaching. What a pair to motivate you and keep you at your best though.

Worked with a guy who wasn't really into football who's pal was  Liverpool supporter who had 2 tickets and went to the game with him. 

The Liverpool supporter said he was leaving at half time but the other guy said stay as he travelled that far and wanted to see the full game so they stayed!! 

Still dunno how Shevchenko missed that chance.

Also his penalty was  a pretty half arsed attempt too.

I miss AC Milan as a European giant. I don’t actually  know the facts as to why they got so shite and can’t afford good players but hopefully they get back soon enough. A legendary team.

13 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Carragher with a career-defining performance too.

When it was first announced that Gerrard got the job I’m sure there were murmurs about Carragher coming in but I don’t think he’s ever been interested in entering coaching. What a pair to motivate you and keep you at your best though.

Have you completely forgotten the way our domestic campaign was going before football stopped 

Shevchenko missing actually robbed Gerrard of another huge moment to add to his incredible Liverpool career. He would have taken the next penalty and would have had the chance to win the shoot out. 

I'm sure he's not bothered but that moment would have topped off a huge performance from him in that game.

My lasting memory of watching that game will always be my uncle that supported Liverpool trying to phone me at full time after I'd spent half time sickening him at it being 3-0 and me refusing to answer :lol:

I always gave him hell over Liverpool and he could never respond because he followed Rangers aswell. That was his best ever chance to give me a bit of stick and I didn't give him it :stone:

19 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Still dunno how Shevchenko missed that chance.

Also his penalty was  a pretty half arsed attempt too.

I miss AC Milan as a European giant. I don’t actually  know the facts as to why they got so shite and can’t afford good players but hopefully they get back soon enough. A legendary team.

I miss that 10 year period of Italian football actually - AC Milan & Juventus with Del Pierro, Nedved etc.

Archived