The chumpions

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who thinks this title can be recognised is delusional. End of.

Place that one alongside your wartime titles in your honours list you utterly shameless bastards. Stealing wedding rings off the dead comes to mind.

Let’s make this clear:

This is not the first or last time that despicable organisation have put “the club’s good name” and brand ahead of the lives of others, whether that be during wartime, this pandemic, or when children were forcefully raped under their care.

That’s as brutally honest as it can be said.

Never in a million years will we be like that scum.

39 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

8 and a half? 3 I say.

11/12: we were deducted 10 points, 12-16: not even in the league, 16/17: legitimate, 17/18: legitimate, 18/19: legitimate, 19/20: handed the title.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

In 11/12 we chucked away a 12 point lead before we were deducted points. Even without the deducted points they still finished 10 ahead of us.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

In 11/12 we chucked away a 12 point lead before we were deducted points. Even without the deducted points they still finished 10 ahead of us.

As much as everyone is having a go, they’re champions because we bottled it after Christmas.

Same last season, and same in 11/12. 

Not popular opinion I’m sure, but they deserve the title. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

As much as everyone is having a go, they’re champions because we bottled it after Christmas.

Same last season, and same in 11/12. 

Not popular opinion I’m sure, but they deserve the title. 

They were better than us to this point, yes. We were shit after Dubai, yes. But there is no way that they deserve the title. 

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I agree. However it is the only one I count until last year because everything after came because we were absent and clawing our way back.

12 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

They were better than us to this point, yes. We were shit after Dubai, yes. But there is no way that they deserve the title. 

Assuming we can’t / won’t null and void, what else can you do? 

They’re 13 (10) points ahead of us, having dropped points once since Christmas. We dropped points left right and centre over that period. Many wanted Gerrard sacked. 

There’s no ‘sporting integrity’ in awarding league standings before all fixtures are completed, but if you are doing it then they do deserve the title. You can’t even remotely argue a case for anyone else.

Archived