Do the club take legal action regarding this title ?

Bad Robot

Do the club take legal action regarding this title ?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Do the club take legal action regarding this title ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Abstaining

I asked about

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Ok Ally McBeal.

I asked about 1000 pages ago on another thread about what our grounds for legal action were and still haven't seen an answer. I think anything criminal has been disregard or Police Scotland would be investigating that - no need for the club to get involved. It therefore comes down to civil action, and for that we would have to demonstrate detriment. Whilst EUFA had a threat of exclusion from European competitions if a league was called too early, I think we could  have shown clear detriment there. Not sure we can now. However, if we could demonstrate detriment, that only gets you to court - in a civil case, including I believe CAS, it is decided on the balance of probabilities  - not what might have happened, but what would probably have happened. Don't think we would  have much chance proving that we would probably have stopped them winning the league this season. Time to move on, let them have their tainted moment in the sun, and get behind the team ahead of 55 next year, whilst making sure we give the haters f*ck all in the process. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

If we challenge it and win then no one will be declared champions.   The SPFL must at all costs kick off next season, we should just throw a spanner in the works and bring them back to the table. 

Thing is though, we can't challenge it. the resolution passed and it passed within the rules of company law- they were sleek it bastards about it, but it's still the case. 

The best we will get from legal action is the suspension of ND and/or RM. The vote's done.

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

?   We know this ,   But at no time did we agree to them being crowned champions as if they said we did then the board can pack up and leave now. 

I don't know if you're not understanding my point. We didn't need to agree and they didn't need us to agree. We could have kicked and screamed all we wanted about it and it wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever.

So, in terms of the title, we have no legal basis.

Just now, Bydo said:

Thing is though, we can't challenge it. the resolution passed and it passed within the rules of company law- they were sleek it bastards about it, but it's still the case. 

The best we will get from legal action is the suspension of ND and/or RM. The vote's done.

Does not matter what they have called through, how they have called it through etc etc etc, If you disagree with it then you are entitled to seek legal advice and take them to court. 

8 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The reason why the club and the PUL community are walked all over 🤬

There's no legal challenge about the title. The legal matters concern the incompetency of the SPFL.

Just now, Copland bear said:

Does not matter what they have called through, how they have called it through etc etc etc, If you disagree with it then you are entitled to seek legal advice and take them to court. 

Absolutely you are- and you're entitled to waste your money doing so too.

Just now, Copland bear said:

And how many people have thought that in the past ?  

Stranger things have happened in court than us over turning this. 

That's true. My opinion however is that we have absolutely no chance from a legal standpoint or even from an SPFL rules standpoint. That's why I voted 'no' in the poll, as much as it sticks in my throat.

11 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

It will get nowhere near court.   They will have to back down or the SPFL does not kick off next season and the SPFL will go bust as an organisation as most memebers will not have the money to keep Doncaster and co in well paid jobs. 

If the SPFL goes bust and there’s no games to play we go bust too.

12 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

I asked about

I asked about 1000 pages ago on another thread about what our grounds for legal action were and still haven't seen an answer. I think anything criminal has been disregard or Police Scotland would be investigating that - no need for the club to get involved. It therefore comes down to civil action, and for that we would have to demonstrate detriment. Whilst EUFA had a threat of exclusion from European competitions if a league was called too early, I think we could  have shown clear detriment there. Not sure we can now. However, if we could demonstrate detriment, that only gets you to court - in a civil case, including I believe CAS, it is decided on the balance of probabilities  - not what might have happened, but what would probably have happened. Don't think we would  have much chance proving that we would probably have stopped them winning the league this season. Time to move on, let them have their tainted moment in the sun, and get behind the team ahead of 55 next year, whilst making sure we give the haters f*ck all in the process. 

It's about getting rid of Doncaster et al. I refer you to our dossier and Leslie Dean's statement.

Thee is enough there to get rid of Doncaster

13 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

It will get nowhere near court.   They will have to back down or the SPFL does not kick off next season and the SPFL will go bust as an organisation as most memebers will not have the money to keep Doncaster and co in well paid jobs. 

Kind of what we want mate?  Spfl goes bust and not enough money for Doncaster to kept in a job?  Is this the dreaded reconstruction?  I’m in.  👍👍🇬🇧🇬🇧

The tarriers fans are always throwing money away at bad causes, fucking Palestine!!

maybe us fans should crowd fund and cause a bit of mayhem amongst these corrupt bastards. The board can only do so much in the clubs name, but as supporters funding something like this, nobody can do a thing, plus it highlights to the world how cheated the supporters feel About this corrupt Organisation That we were willing to spend our own money (not the clubs) to fight it, while letting it be known that if it fails, we won’t be giving another Scottish team a single penny, would only have to last a season to see the other teams dropping like flies

i fucking hate every other Scottish team with a passion, success for my own team will always come first but hatred for everybody else is getting stronger and Only winning the league would make me feel better than watching them die, having a helping hand in making it happen would also feel pretty good to me

The SPFL will have had to adhere to their rules on this issue as ALL the clubs in the Premier League were involved therefore they couldn't hide anything.  Our dossier covers the general organisation and poor administration with the bungled and  very one-sided vote of a couple of weeks ago.    There should be an inquiry but gutless and biased anti-Rangers clubs didn't want one.  Our argument was never about the title it was about incompetence and bias in the SPFL board.  

7 minutes ago, tayside said:

So we just sit back and get pumped again if our board don't come out all guns blazing they can get tae

All guns blazing at what though?   We are one lone voice in the dung heap which is the SPFL.    

33 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Let’s wait for the statement from the club mate. Would like to think they know better on the legal front. 

Not sure anything positive  is forthcoming .Love to be wrong of course 

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

If we’ve agreed to end the season I don’t know why we would even consider legal action.

Was it not unanimous ? if so the shister SR must’ve voted for it

Archived