Club 1872 win IPSO complaint against Record & Sunday Mail

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

You are probably right about that as well mate, I just cannot understand why we have a 'fans club' who are not prepared to question the board. It seems pointless to me.

It was set up as the diversion away from the club mate .They get all the perks most likely 

In the same way that David Murray set up his wee favourites club .Rangers assembly 

2EE0DFE7-6D40-4A37-BE33-6638283AED76.png

1 hour ago, j1mgg said:

Problem with things like this, is that the damage has already been done as the story is usually headline front or back page, where as the retract is tiny 10 pages in

Spot on. Well done to the guys for doing it.  

The retraction will be after the TV guide bit at the bottom of the page and will be a single paragraph at the very most. 

Whatever happened to the Government making sure that when papers do this kind of thing and get caught out that the retraction should be as visible and the same size of the original article?

I read that that was going to happen a couple of years back but it has never happened.  It's a disgrace and unjust. 

27 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

“Gordon Ramsay reveals Rangers FC shame prompted him to leave Scotland”

How is that for a click-bait terrier friendly Headline in today’s Retard. :lol:

It's ok bud. Obviously  tomorrow's rag will have an ex scum player saying how he left them because of the "shame" he felt being associated with the peado harbouring "club like no other"

The are all utterly shamless. 

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Yeah let’s just bring back Llambias, Ashley and the Easedales as they had the club and fans best interest at heart! 

Tadger

If you think the board actually give a fuck about you, you're the tadger.  In fact, I get what you did now, you were actually signing your message off as Tadger. At least your self awareness is good. 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

It was set up as the diversion away from the club mate .They get all the perks most likely 

In the same way that David Murray set up his wee favourites club .Rangers assembly 

2EE0DFE7-6D40-4A37-BE33-6638283AED76.png

Cannot argue against any of that. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

I was interested why Rangers had shamed him, and as expected the headline is totally misleading and has nothing to do with Rangers shaming him, but about him not being good enough to play for us. They are wankers of the highest order.

"Gordon Ramsay has admitted he was so jealous of his former Rangers team-mates becoming top footballers that he left the country". :mutley:

35 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I was interested why Rangers had shamed him, and as expected the headline is totally misleading and has nothing to do with Rangers shaming him, but about him not being good enough to play for us. They are wankers of the highest order.

"Gordon Ramsay has admitted he was so jealous of his former Rangers team-mates becoming top footballers that he left the country". :mutley:

As ever they knew exactly what they were doing with the headline. 

Rancid.

1 minute ago, RS4_wul said:

As ever they knew exactly what they were doing with the headline. 

Rancid.

For sure, they cannot help themselves.

I never look at their site normally or buy a paper (of any kind) but it does just show if someone read the headline and not the story they would be thinking ffs Rangers did something shameful and Gordon Ramsay left because of it. :headwall:

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Did he aye.....

A quick search dispels their pish 

DONT BUY IT

DONT POST LINKS 

If Rangers fans didn't vote SNP we would not have an SNP government in Scotland - fact

If Rangers fans stop buying or clicking on these papers, they would both go out of business very quickly - fact

Sometimes we don't realise our own power, or are our own worst enemies.

2 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

If Rangers fans didn't vote SNP we would not have an SNP government in Scotland - fact

If Rangers fans stop buying or clicking on these papers, they would both go out of business very quickly - fact

If you said protestants then I maybe agree with your first sentence, it isn't Rangers fans that gave them the majority but fans of other clubs and non football supporters. 

18 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

All 3 paragraphs are opinions not fact.

Fact.

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I'm guessing the correction they wrote today will have to republished again but in the correct format

Daily Record are absolute scumbags. Their handling of the whole SPFL fiasco is nothing short of fenian press propaganda. Cunts will probably get a league winners medal the part they played in all of this.

37 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Daily Record are absolute scumbags. Their handling of the whole SPFL fiasco is nothing short of fenian press propaganda. Cunts will probably get a league winners medal the part they played in all of this.

They might as well be celtic fan magazine at this point. Last few weeks has reaffirmed their allegiances.

We should have nothing to do with them. Press privileges removed and zero interaction. 

I'd say starve them of traffic but they'll have the obsessed taigs wanting to read anything Rangers related. 

Archived