• Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, the cry was no said:

McGregor, McCrorie, Firth

Tavernier, Patterson, Polster, Barasic, Goldson, Hellander, Katic, Edmondson, 

Jack, Davis, Kamara, Arfield, Hagi, Aribo, McCrorie, Docherty

Morelos, Defoe, Kent, Jones, Stewart, Barker, Murphy

26 currently on the books

Out - Foderingham, Halliday, Flanagan, Rossiter, Holt, Alnwick (min £40k in wages)

Sell Morelos (a cert imo) £15m, Kamara (£5m) - £20m in and another £30k in wages

Sell or loan Stewart, Barker, Murphy (probably max £500k in fees) anther £20k wages. (of these I'd rather keep Murphy than the other 2)

With the £90k wages and £20m I'd look to bring in 3 quality players - striker, right wing and midfield plus cover at left back and a second cheaper striker (would take a chance on Dykes rather than Kamberi) and pay the £4m for Hagi 

Right wing was a constant problem last season with Arfield, Aribo, Hagi, Stewart all tried but in reality all square pegs in a round hole and none formed a partnership with Tav in the way Candeias did.

We have good midfielders but no-one who really dictates and runs games week in week out 

Quality striker will score plenty in SPFL and this is all that matters for the next 12 months.

There is nothing between us and them, in fact I think we are better on first picks, but we need to find the final pieces of the jigsaw to beat the rest of the crap in the SPFL EVERY time we play them

Most of all we need to be bursting for it

I agree with all of this other than selling Morelos.  I know he has been off his game this year, but I still believe when he is playing well, we will struggle to buy anything better, and this is not the season to take a punt on a "prospect".  I know it's unlikely, but I would love to keep him for another season - he is still young enough for that to be a good investment choice as his value can only go up from where you value him just now.  If the reports around Hagi are correct, I think that is fantastic news. For us to be able to add that quality of player at this particular time is a massive signal of intent from the board

Out - Foderingham, Halliday, Flanagan, Rossiter, Holt, Alnwick (min £40k in wages)

Sell Morelos (a cert imo) £15m, Kamara (£5m) - £20m in and another £30k in wages

Sell or loan Stewart, Barker, Murphy (probably max £500k in fees) anther £20k wages. (of these I'd rather keep Murphy than the other 2)

With the £90k wages and £20m I'd look to bring in 3 quality players - striker, right wing and midfield plus cover at left back and a second cheaper striker (would take a chance on Dykes rather than Kamberi) and pay the £4m for Hagi 

Right wing was a constant problem last season with Arfield, Aribo, Hagi, Stewart all tried but in reality all square pegs in a round hole and none formed a partnership with Tav in the way Candeias did.

We have good midfielders but no-one who really dictates and runs games week in week out 

Quality striker will score plenty in SPFL and this is all that matters for the next 12 months.

There is nothing between us and them, in fact I think we are better on first picks, but we need to find the final pieces of the jigsaw to beat the rest of the crap in the SPFL EVERY time we play them

Our current and previous DOF have said that moving players on is more difficult than bringing them in.

Nobody is taking Stewart, Barker or Murphy on loan and picking up anywhere near what we pay them. In the case of Barker, we’d struggle to get a team to contribute even a tenth of his wages as he’s that pish. 

Kamara and one of Barisic/Tav will be the most likely to leave IMO. I don’t think we can afford to get into next season with all that’s at stake, gambling on Defoe and somebody who hasn’t played in Scottish football before. Morelos is a pain in the ass at times, but he guarantees 20+ goals and we need that level of return from our striker. 

The only player in the SPFL who scores that return of goals outside us and the taigs, is Cosgrove. But whilst he would give us something different, I certainly wouldn’t want to be gambling next season on someone like him without Morelos

Think Borna will be sold and with Halliday and Flanagan on the way out we will need to sign two left sided defenders hopefully a solid left back and a left sided back up, also think we need two forwards, Alfie will be gone Defoe is 37 and we need better than kamberi, I would also sell katic if we can get decent money, I think hellander when fully fit will be fine and he makes goldson perform better imo, also we probably need two solid midfielders, Davis, Jack and kamara are far to inconsistent and the latter can go for anything above 4 million (if the rumours are true), if we can get a decent right back it might also be time to cash tav in, would also consider O'Donnell from killie as a back up (he's on a free) A hell of a lot of work to be done, we'll soon see if Ross Wilson's the real deal. 

Goalkeeper - Better.

Defence - i’d still say on par mibbe even better.

Midfield and attack they have far more quality and Goal scorers.

Just now, TheFamousPigeon said:

Did he age 20 years in the space of 2? :lol: 

If you look at the picture long enough, he ages even more - right before your eyes. It's known as the Charlie Adam effect, not a living picture but an ageing one.

Same genes as a bowl of fruit 

23 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I think that's what makes it so frustrating, the fact that our first XI has obvious quality and can give anyone a game (and beat them) whether it's good teams in Europe or the Tarriers - problem lies with the mentality of them and the fact there's little in the way of actual winners. 

Gerrard's far too reliant on his system that he uses too. It's all his eggs in one basket with it. It's a good formation on it's day but it won't always work. That's what costs us the points (that and the odd individual error from the likes of Goldson and Tav) ... it's all so avoidable. 

It's definitely a mentality issue in the first 11.  It's not just a lack of winners, it's a lack of leaders. We badly miss players that can grab a game by the scruff of the neck if necessary. 

I also agree that Gerrard is too fixated on one system. He needs to keep oppositions on their toes. Even take a page from Walter's book having different setups for Europe and for the league.  

In hindsight getting rid of Candeias to fuck about between Ojo, Barker & CM's at RW was a fucking terrible decision. 

Would happily have played him there the full Season, especially with how well he was playing in pre-season.

The ability for us to sell anyone solely depends on if the big 4 leagues manage to finish their tv contracts on the pitch. If the EPL, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga(yes started again but need to finish) don't get going again and play out their season then there will be little to no spending this summer across Europe.

Fingers crossed for us that this happens.

2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

In hindsight getting rid of Candeias to fuck about between Ojo, Barker & CM's at RW was a fucking terrible decision. 

Would happily have played him there the full Season, especially with how well he was playing in pre-season.

Gerrard has to scrap the whole Liverpool feeder club shite. Our most successful player out of that has been Kent, and even then we ended up paying a ridiculous amount for him with very little return on it last season. Hoping Wilson turns out to be a far greater judge of player than Allen was.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Gerrard has to scrap the whole Liverpool feeder club shite. Our most successful player out of that has been Kent, and even then we ended up paying a ridiculous amount for him with very little return on it last season. Hoping Wilson turns out to be a far greater judge of player than Allen was.

Yeah we're not getting the favours I expected, but that's clearly down to Scottish Football. Michael Edwards is the best in the game for me, currently. The fees they're getting for their players and the way they're playing the market is unreal.

Gerrard needs to realise we're not getting any favouritism here.

In saying that, Ejaria has went onto earn rave reviews at Reading so partial blame has to lie with the players. 

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

Yeah we're not getting the favours I expected, but that's clearly down to Scottish Football. Michael Edwards is the best in the game for me, currently. The fees they're getting for their players and the way they're playing the market is unreal.

Gerrard needs to realise we're not getting any favouritism here.

In saying that, Ejaria has went onto earn rave reviews at Reading so partial blame has to lie with the players. 

I expect a few players who leave here will go on to rave reviews elsewhere where’s there’s less pressure, think the majority of the squad just don’t have the mental strength to play for us 

8 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

One of our most underrated players in the period since 2011/12. Always thought of him to Caixinha as Papac was to Le Guen. 

2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

One of our most underrated players in the period since 2011/12. Always thought of him to Caixinha as Papac was to Le Guen. 

He was either shite or amazing, that's what his problem was. 

There are people saying we should have kept him, I though it was his decision to leave us?

Archived