Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

27 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Peterborough might be tough negotiators but there is no way they are getting 5 million for a striker with a year left on his contract post COVID.

Looks like Peterborough are using the local newspaper to try and up the ante. £4m bid apparently turned down from New York Red Bulls. They want double. As you say, with a year left on his contract and with  global recession they have no chancehttps://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterborough-united-turn-down-multi-million-pound-bid-new-york-red-bulls-star-man-ivan-toney-2890379

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Peterborough might be tough negotiators but there is no way they are getting 5 million for a striker with a year left on his contract post COVID.

Not really sure COVID is going to have that much of an impact on transfer fees.

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It will have a huge impact.

https://www.ft.com/content/067a3eeb-e915-48af-8384-94fdc495cf59

Coronavirus threatens €10bn hit to football transfer market

Player values tumble as Europe’s top teams prepare to cut spending after pandemic weakens revenues

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I know nothing about the player other than what's been posted on here, but if you're paying £5 million and he'd ordinarily be worth double that I don't see the problem. 

10 minutes ago, Bigsasasfloppyhair said:

My cousin’s are season ticket holders at Killie. Saying they are rumoured to have offered a deal to Halliday but believe he also has another two offers in front of him. 

Hope that this  info is true, great wee lad with an attitude others would do well to learn from.

All the best to the wee man , just found a wee bit lacking in certain areas for the Rangers sadly.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I know nothing about the player other than what's been posted on here, but if you're paying £5 million and he'd ordinarily be worth double that I don't see the problem. 

If he had a couple of years on his contract I’d agree, but if the lad is interested we could possibly sign a pre contract in 6 months. Maybe £3m would be closer the mark if he has a year left but it looks like they are looking for more. He might well be worth £5m but I think the money might be better spent on 2 others and try and get him later.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Do they no have previous for being stubborn sods to deal with.

Precise details elude  me at the moment .............. again :huh:

Think it involved a centre back 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

There’s a player recently moved to PSG from Inter or Juventus ,50m euros ,the fee being banded about was around 80m 

going by that you could see 30 to 40pc reduction in fees ,I would expect wages to drop too over the next year or so ,bosman market will likely be the first to be affected 

58 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I don’t think he was worth or valued at 10 million before COVID though. Reports seemed to suggest they wanted 7 million but even at 5 million I think that’s a touch on the steep side considering his contract situation and I would hope we would look elsewhere if Peterborough won’t budge.

46 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

If he had a couple of years on his contract I’d agree, but if the lad is interested we could possibly sign a pre contract in 6 months. Maybe £3m would be closer the mark if he has a year left but it looks like they are looking for more. He might well be worth £5m but I think the money might be better spent on 2 others and try and get him later.

What I'm saying is that if whatever fee we buy him for is considered a knock down fee because he only has a year left on his contract, then I don't see the problem in paying a 'big' fee to get him now if his actual worth is considerably more, rather than wait 6 months and try to either sign him for January for cheaper, or on a pre contract for next summer. We need improvements now.

I'm not saying I'm in favour of paying £5 million if £5 million is the maximum we could sell him for tomorrow if he was under a 4 year contract with us.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think he was worth or valued at 10 million before COVID though. Reports seemed to suggest they wanted 7 million but even at 5 million I think that’s a touch on the steep side considering his contract situation and I would hope we would look elsewhere if Peterborough won’t budge.

Aye if he's only worth £5 million then I agree it wouldn't be wise to pay that for him.

2 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

Do they no have previous for being stubborn sods to deal with.

Precise details elude  me at the moment .............. again :huh:

Think it involved a centre back 

Their chairman thinks he’s the dog’s bollocks - Darragh MacAnthony

Archived