Sign in to follow this  
BlueKnight87

Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

46 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

If he had a couple of years on his contract I’d agree, but if the lad is interested we could possibly sign a pre contract in 6 months. Maybe £3m would be closer the mark if he has a year left but it looks like they are looking for more. He might well be worth £5m but I think the money might be better spent on 2 others and try and get him later.

What I'm saying is that if whatever fee we buy him for is considered a knock down fee because he only has a year left on his contract, then I don't see the problem in paying a 'big' fee to get him now if his actual worth is considerably more, rather than wait 6 months and try to either sign him for January for cheaper, or on a pre contract for next summer. We need improvements now.

I'm not saying I'm in favour of paying £5 million if £5 million is the maximum we could sell him for tomorrow if he was under a 4 year contract with us.

BlueThunder likes this

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think he was worth or valued at 10 million before COVID though. Reports seemed to suggest they wanted 7 million but even at 5 million I think that’s a touch on the steep side considering his contract situation and I would hope we would look elsewhere if Peterborough won’t budge.

Aye if he's only worth £5 million then I agree it wouldn't be wise to pay that for him.

2 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

Do they no have previous for being stubborn sods to deal with.

Precise details elude  me at the moment .............. again :huh:

Think it involved a centre back 

Their chairman thinks he’s the dog’s bollocks - Darragh MacAnthony

19 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

Going to lock this thread tomorrow now we have a better way of working for Transfers in the BD. 

What is it? Transfer Forum opening?

13 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

What is it? Transfer Forum opening?

We weren’t opening the transfer forum. There are pinned rumours and suggestion threads at the top of the bears den and any players linked by the press will get their own thread in here.