Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

The decline of Tav as an attacking force started when Candeias left.

The decline is true but it is more a coincidence.

Candeias was a very average player. Sure he ran a lot but so did Scott Arfield when playing out wide. What was Tav's excuse then? Candeias has nothing to do with the fact Tav makes one good cross every ten.

We need a proper right winger. Someone like Kanchelskis.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

We wanted to keep him but he wanted guarantees of continuous first team football. So he left.

In hindsight, I'd far rather have had his name on the team sheet at RW than Barker, Ojo, Jones or Aribo (out of position).

I thought it was something like that, I’d agree tbh

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Candeias was a very average player. Sure he ran a lot but so did Scott Arfield when playing out wide. What was Tav's excuse then? Candeias has nothing to do with the fact Tav makes one good cross every ten.

86427DD3-E2F8-478D-AA32-A9B8EDDAFF29.gif

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Yep he wasn't a superstar but something definitely clicked between him and Tav which we lost.

10 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Candeias was average at best, also the game's he would be most effective in we have done well. 

He isn't going to make the difference at home to the likes of Hamilton. 

Yes he would because he's the type to force defenders into making mistakes at the back aith the pressure he puts them under

Also keeping a RW around just so our RB and captain can have a few better games is nonsense. Our captain should be consistent and drive the team through all games regardless of who he plays alongside.

Gerrard need to make tough choices to become a successful Rangers manager and Tav is one of them. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yes he would because he's the type to force defenders into making mistakes at the back aith the pressure he puts them under

When does that happen against teams that sit 10 men behind the ball? I liked Candeias but he was only really effective in the bigger games IMO. 

2 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

When does that happen against teams that sit 10 men behind the ball? I liked Candeias but he was only really effective in the bigger games IMO. 

Haha we criticise players for not doing it in bigger games........

16 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Candeias for the bigger games and Naismith for the others.  I reckon both would be back in a heartbeat.

I think people are underestimating the type of player we can sign. For the first time in ten years, we have valuable assets. Tav, Katic & Kamara are all worth a few million each and may be available this summer.

We are just about to sign Hagi for 5M. A winger of similar value to Kent would not be out of the question. To say those days are long gone is thinking past tense. 

We have new retail, no Ashley debt, new investors on the horizon, other players with sell-on value (Morelos, Aribo, Barisic), James Bisgrove - marketing, retail sales this year will be huge and much more...

Things are better than people say unless you are listening to Declan.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think people are underestimating the type of player we can sign. For the first time in ten years, we have valuable assets. Tav, Katic & Kamara are all worth a few million each and may be available this summer.

We are just about to sign Hagi for 5M. A winger of similar value to Kent would not be out of the question. To say those days are long gone is thinking past tense. 

We have new retail, no Ashley debt, new investors on the horizon, other players with sell-on value (Morelos, Aribo, Barisic), James Bisgrove - marketing, retail sales this year will be huge and much more...

Coronavirus.

26 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Also keeping a RW around just so our RB and captain can have a few better games is nonsense. Our captain should be consistent and drive the team through all games regardless of who he plays alongside.

Gerrard need to make tough choices to become a successful Rangers manager and Tav is one of them. 

Need to sign a new player and make him captain then , nobody in that team has the attributes you mentioned 

Mixed on the Candaies debate tbh.

Never really rated him, thought he was average but then again sometimes an average player, just because of the way he plays can complement others so it's sometimes not as black and white as he's good or shite.

I never shed any tears when he left. Put it that way.

I do think he did do a lot of dirty work, but let's be honest here, the same things Tav get's criticised for - he was still getting slaughtered for too when Candaies was here.

Candeias was a good player when on his game and he defo did make Tav look better generally because of his work rate and getting up and down that right wing. It was his inconsistency that did for him.

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I expect a few players who leave here will go on to rave reviews elsewhere where’s there’s less pressure, think the majority of the squad just don’t have the mental strength to play for us 

Won’t be getting absolute dogs abuse week in week out either , was nothing wrong with Flanagan till the crowd turned ,

the abuse foderingham used to get from the Copland every time he caught the ball before he had the chance to look to see what distribution was on was embarrassing, it just became habit to give him pelters , would I fuck be saying what he said on his social media leaving message after the abuse he took , 

i don’t rate certain players but I vent here not hurl dogs abuse at the games 

7 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

make ryan jack captain.  His consistency is good and he has that fight in him.  he has also improved under gerrard.

Sadly I think Gerrard has a boner for Tav and I don’t think he’ll be giving the captaincy to anyone else.

20 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

:lol:

hes complete fucking garbage. Overrated to fuck because he cost next to nothing and looked alright in a few games.

Guy was at his level when he was at Dundee 

In my opinion we have made a good start with Holt, Foderingham, Halliday, Rossiter and Flannigan.   

Morelos needs to go but only for a big fee 

Tav i would cash in on 

Kamara if we could get £8mill for him then i would personally take him to them 

Jones needs to go 

Barker needs to go offers us literally nothing 

Murphy i like him but again won't be playing much so its time to go reinvest the wages somewhere else 

Stewart decent squad player but never gonna be a starter so i would get shot of him 

In terms of players coming in i think we need 2 good quality strikers a right winger a tough leader in the middle of the park and a good quality right back that can defend. I feel really underwhelmed by the likes of Dykes and Ferguson being linked to us and i think we need better quality players if we are to progress in europe and the league 

Archived