Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

1 hour ago, Mclean RFC said:

make ryan jack captain.  His consistency is good and he has that fight in him.  he has also improved under gerrard.

Said it before on here, if you need the arm band to lead then you’re no Rangers captain. 

Doesn’t drive the team on at the moment, a bit of elastic round his arm doesn’t change that.

Need a quality dynamic CM signing that becomes our new captain IMO. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

How is that what we've done?

He got the job on name only with no experience. 

Bar Europe which nobody cares about he's been an unmitigated disaster. 

And before you ask who do we bring in to replace him, we should be throwing everything at either Van Bronckhorst or Frank De Boer. 

Hickey has already been mentioned, Is there any other bargains to be had at hearts because they will be on their arse needing money.

Paysmith if he was 5 years younger, wasn’t made of biscuit and wasn’t a Judas bastard.

3 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Hickey has already been mentioned, Is there any other bargains to be had at hearts because they will be on their arse needing money.

Paysmith if he was 5 years younger, wasn’t made of biscuit and wasn’t a Judas bastard.

Harry Cochrane. 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He got the job on name only with no experience. 

Bar Europe which nobody cares about he's been an unmitigated disaster. 

And before you ask who do we bring in to replace him, we should be throwing everything at either Van Bronckhorst or Frank De Boer. 

There's clearly an observable transition from where we were to where we are. There will be a shift of the personnel within that with the standard risk & hope that it'll pay off and click.

There's a big difference from changing a few cogs in the system to changing the system itself.

Why these two in particular? Out of interest.

GVB; I'd agree potentially - gave Feyenoord their first title in 18 years. 

Frank - not so sure. Sacked from two roles merely months in and struggled at both.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Harry Cochrane. 

Decent shout, young enough and looks like he might have something about him.

was thinking Halkett or Souter could do a job in the league but I wouldn’t say a shortage of ‘squad player‘ level CB’s is really an issue just now.

Just now, Bigdave30 said:

Decent shout, young enough and looks like he might have something about him.

was thinking Halkett or Souter could do a job in the league but I wouldn’t say a shortage of ‘squad player‘ level CB’s is really an issue just now.

They'd just be fighting it out with Edmunson and Katic for back-up spot. Resources could be allocated much better elsewhere and I include that Hinckley in that. He's over-rated shite.

52 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Not sure if you're doing that because you disagree but that was my feeling before coronavirus stopped the football and that is my feeling now when I go back over the last couple of months we were still playing 

That was your thoughts on Gerrard the moment he arrived. You and @ForeverAndEver have never liked him. Is it a Scouse thing? Only you know the answer to that. 

And to call Kamara complete garbage is outrageous. He might not be brilliant but we will get 4M for him and that is pretty good.

Stating the obvious here but one way or another we need to recruit better players than they do. 

If they continue to have a stronger squad they'll continue to be strong favourites for the league.

The Gerrard out crew can cry for a new manager all they like, but if they're fucking about with frees/nominal fees from SPFL clubs, U23 players on loan from the EPL and only spending decent amounts on 1-2 players whilst the scum spend more than double any cunt coming in is up against it from the off.

Just now, British_Empire said:

They'd just be fighting it out with Edmunson and Katic for back-up spot. Resources could be allocated much better elsewhere and I include that Hinckley in that. He's over-rated shite.

Thats what I’m saying, we don’t need more jersey fillers, if we sign a CB he’s got to be better than Goldson. 
We need men that can improve the starting 11 from the off.

2 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

There's clearly an observable transition from where we were to where we are. There will be a shift of the personnel within that with the standard risk & hope that it'll pay off and click.

There's a big difference from changing a few cogs in the system to changing the system itself.

Why these two in particular? Out of interest.

GVB; I'd agree potentially - gave Feyenoord their first title in 18 years. 

Frank - not so sure. Sacked from two roles merely months in and struggled at both.

Both of them have done something we desperately need. 

And FDB had the board of Inter Milan at the time to deal with and didn't get the time at Crystal Palace. 

Him and Gio can get players over the finishing line, our manager can't. 

1 minute ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

Come on now.

Nobody cares about Europe when the players continually let us down days later when it really matters. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That was your thoughts on Gerrard the moment he arrived. You and @ForeverAndEver have never liked him. Is it a Scouse thing? Only you know the answer to that. 

And to call Kamara complete garbage is outrageous. He might not be brilliant but we will get 4M for him and that is pretty good.

Can’t speak for them but I thought it was utterly fucking mental to replace an u20s coach with an u18s coach. 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I started to like him then he fucked it for himself.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The Gerrard out crew can cry for a new manager all they like, but if they're fucking about with frees/nominal fees from SPFL clubs, U23 players on loan from the EPL and only spending decent amounts on 1-2 players whilst the scum spend more than double any cunt coming in is up against it from the off.

How much are Davis, Defoe and Arfield on? 

Didn't we spend around £3m on Goldson? 

£2-3m for Barisic and Grezda? 

£7m on Kent? 

£4-5m about to be spent on Hagi only to play him out of position? 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Stating the obvious here but one way or another we need to recruit better players than they do. 

If they continue to have a stronger squad they'll continue to be strong favourites for the league.

Surely that means getting in an experienced manager who can get the absolute best out of bargain basement players than continuing with someone massively inexperienced who so far has shown a complete inability to learn anything.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Can’t speak for them but I thought it was utterly fucking mental to replace an u20s coach with an u18s coach. 

it's gonna be a long summer listening to this shite....

You think Rangers sign Kent or Hagi without Gerrard?

I can see this turning into a hate the gaffer thread.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

And he’s still here and liked because his name rather than ability.

The defence and excuses made for him are a riddy and that applause for him is the most embarrassing thing I’ve witnessed at a game.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I know, I'm agreeing with you.

You think we will have much in the way of a transfer kitty? That’s going to be the main limiting factor, we can scout all the cunts in the world but won’t matter if we can’t buy them.

Looks like the club are freeing up wages from dead wood early and now the retail/kit deal is happening that should help, If we don’t throw the kitchen sink at this next window the games a bogey.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

And he’s still here and liked because his name rather than ability.

The defence and excuses made for him are a riddy and that applause for him is the most embarrassing thing I’ve witnessed at a game.

What applause? 

13 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

It's fair to look for the next Andy Robertson, and Hickey isn't a bad player but i'd need a massive amount of convincing to think he's even half as good as the first pick Croatian international left back. He's been part of a generally poor Hearts side over the season also and celtic would be due some of the transfer fee which doesn't sit well with me. Is he going to come in and take us to the next level? One poor game and his confidence will be destroyed.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Plenty on here didn't want him as manager 

Archived