Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

Gerard needs to really look at his team and see if they are up to the standard required. 2 years and this tactical guru of his  Beale still hasn't worked out how to defeat the defensive style of most teams in the SPFL.

I'm sure he's no the only one that needs booted. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

It doesn't sadly, the way things are going the tarriers would need to have a monumental fuck up for us to stop 10.

I can easily see a good chunk of our support this time next season if they win 10 and a 5th consecutive treble, to turn round and say oh well, might as well give him another year, less pressure on us now, etc, etc.

42 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

How much are Davis, Defoe and Arfield on? 

Didn't we spend around £3m on Goldson? 

£2-3m for Barisic and Grezda? 

£7m on Kent? 

£4-5m about to be spent on Hagi only to play him out of position? 

Not disputing any of those figures - the point is that season in season out they are spending considerably more in wages and transfer fees.

Some will see this as an excuse and will give the "but we are Rangers, we should still be winning the league if we spend £1 million and they spend £100 million" battle cry.

Spending a bit more money than your rival isn't a guarantee you'll win. Obviously have to spend it wisely and all the other components that are needed to build a football team are still needed, but if you keep on spending a lot more you massively up your chances.

So much has been made of them being winners whilst we're bottlers but look at the number of games we've played and by and large we aren't really able to rotate players without weakening, but they are. Christie, Elyounoussi, Rogic etc. in and out depending on form. £2 million winger in Shved who can't get anywhere near their squad, £5 million plus spent in January on the Polish striker and the midfielder they bought whose names escape me who can't get anywhere near their team. There's no one sat on our bench (or in the stands now Grezda's gone) who cost us 'big' money.

19 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I personally don't have any confidence in Gerrard being able to win us the title. He and his staff have proven they cannot learn the lessons they need to. He even admitted himself after Tynecastle in January he has no idea how to prevent it from happening again. It did happen again, multiple times over, before culminating in losing at home to Hamilton whilst they cunts dropped points away to Livi ffs. 

How does Gerrard stop the players from caving in to the pressure for the third season in a row?
This time it's going to be much worse as well. The captain and our £7m man both let every cunt and their dog know they cannot handle the pressure of domestic football, and/or when the diddy teams get stuck into us. Why is that all of a sudden any different next season? Practically did every cunts team talk for them.

Our style of football that saw early success completely vanished come January. How does he get that back?

How does Gerrard and the team all of a sudden start beating the teams we constantly struggle with?
Like Aberdeen (3 wins in 10) or Killie (4 wins in 10) for perfect examples. 

In both seasons under him we've thrown away 5 and 4 games respectively from winning positions at really important stages of the season. We've also only won more than 5 league games in a row once under Gerrard, when the season was already wrapped up and the pressure was off. It's been the same pattern of shite domestically under him in both seasons. Even in the cups - we make Hampden in the league cup both years but fuck it up and we can't even make Hampden in the Scottish Cup ffs.

I think he's very, very lucky the league was shut down when it was because that meltdown we were in was ready to spiral right out of control. Two OF's to play/lose, still had to go away to the sheep and other teams we've consistently struggled against as well. I think a good chunk of our support are forgetting just how bad we were after the 29th. Looking like a different team against Stranraer, scraping past St Mirren / hibs / Livi all at home, Ross County away, the two tynecastle results, Hamilton at home, St Johnstone away, everyone. It was fucking shocking!

So how does all that change for this coming season to see us lift the title? 

It doesn't. 

Gerrard would be gone by now if the season was completed. 

Need to hope he takes this time away and comes up with a different plan(s) to break teams down. Our game became predictable and cautious and it took an effect on the full team and made them play with fear. After Hearts and Hamilton I thought he was a goner and I wouldn’t of minded if he walked. If it’s not looking promising by Xmas and another League cup defeat he will need to go. 

Tav needs to go, I’d take 7-10m for Kamara. Edmundson, Docherty, Murphy, Barker, Middleton, Ross McCrorie on loan to spl teams.  First priority’s should be RB, A commanding CB, Lewis Ferguson, Hagi, RW, CF. Would try lowball Hearts for Hickey and develop him here since Halliday and Flanagan are gone.  I think it’s McCrorie’ time to step up to no2 behind McGregor. 

Fair enough but what about all the wages of those squad players who have been ignored by gerrard, some no bad players, some with potential and some admittedly  dross.

Even if these were mark Allen signings he needs to stop throwing the toys out and make the most out of these players.

4 hours ago, rangersross said:

One of our most underrated players in the period since 2011/12. Always thought of him to Caixinha as Papac was to Le Guen. 

You’ve forgotten the months before he led the was pish and getting slated left,right and centre of our fans hitting the first man 9/10.

1 hour ago, Sket said:

Will be the same fucking idiots applauding Gerrard after losing to Hamilton.

One of the lowest moments at Ibrox btw and that isn’t even an exaggeration. I actually cringed when people around me started to clap so a fucked off into the concourse 😂

2 hours ago, Mclean RFC said:

make ryan jack captain.  His consistency is good and he has that fight in him.  he has also improved under gerrard.

No for me mate , We need much much better 

54 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I personally don't have any confidence in Gerrard being able to win us the title. He and his staff have proven they cannot learn the lessons they need to. He even admitted himself after Tynecastle in January he has no idea how to prevent it from happening again. It did happen again, multiple times over, before culminating in losing at home to Hamilton whilst they cunts dropped points away to Livi ffs. 

How does Gerrard stop the players from caving in to the pressure for the third season in a row?
This time it's going to be much worse as well. The captain and our £7m man both let every cunt and their dog know they cannot handle the pressure of domestic football, and/or when the diddy teams get stuck into us. Why is that all of a sudden any different next season? Practically did every cunts team talk for them.

Our style of football that saw early success completely vanished come January. How does he get that back?

How does Gerrard and the team all of a sudden start beating the teams we constantly struggle with?
Like Aberdeen (3 wins in 10) or Killie (4 wins in 10) for perfect examples. 

In both seasons under him we've thrown away 5 and 4 games respectively from winning positions at really important stages of the season. We've also only won more than 5 league games in a row once under Gerrard, when the season was already wrapped up and the pressure was off. It's been the same pattern of shite domestically under him in both seasons. Even in the cups - we make Hampden in the league cup both years but fuck it up and we can't even make Hampden in the Scottish Cup ffs.

I think he's very, very lucky the league was shut down when it was because that meltdown we were in was ready to spiral right out of control. Two OF's to play/lose, still had to go away to the sheep and other teams we've consistently struggled against as well. I think a good chunk of our support are forgetting just how bad we were after the 29th. Looking like a different team against Stranraer, scraping past St Mirren / hibs / Livi all at home, Ross County away, the two tynecastle results, Hamilton at home, St Johnstone away, everyone. It was fucking shocking!

So how does all that change for this coming season to see us lift the title? 

Great post.

1 hour ago, Amato said:

Don't really understand the hype with Hickey tbh

Agreed. We’ve put in our worst performances of the season against Hearts and for all the hype and talk about him he didn’t stand out at all, in fact in all the games he played against us he was probably one of their worst players

It’s also underestimated in our support just how lucky Gerrards been due to this pandemic situation. He was 2 bad results away from the vast majority of the support completely turning on him. 

The management aren’t going to change though and I just pray with all my optimism that they’ve changed their way of thinking just slightly 

54 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It doesn't sadly, the way things are going the tarriers would need to have a monumental fuck up for us to stop 10.

This!

I honestly think 2 years without a trophy is enough to get a manager the sack.

The way we were playing and the way things were going we were looking like ending further behind the tramps than we were the season before.

Hope to fuck I’m wrong but I genuinely doubt Gerrard can turn it around and turn us into a championship winning team.

36 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Gerrard would be gone by now if the season was completed. 

Need to hope he takes this time away and comes up with a different plan(s) to break teams down. Our game became predictable and cautious and it took an effect on the full team and made them play with fear. After Hearts and Hamilton I thought he was a goner and I wouldn’t of minded if he walked. If it’s not looking promising by Xmas and another League cup defeat he will need to go. 

Tav needs to go, I’d take 7-10m for Kamara. Edmundson, Docherty, Murphy, Barker, Middleton, Ross McCrorie on loan to spl teams.  First priority’s should be RB, A commanding CB, Lewis Ferguson, Hagi, RW, CF. Would try lowball Hearts for Hickey and develop him here since Halliday and Flanagan are gone.  I think it’s McCrorie’ time to step up to no2 behind McGregor. 

Need a better left back than hickey as cover coz we don’t know what Barisic will return , the from the tackle against Feyenoord till the winter break Barisic, or the shit the bed Barisic 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

That was your thoughts on Gerrard the moment he arrived. You and @ForeverAndEver have never liked him. Is it a Scouse thing? Only you know the answer to that. 

And to call Kamara complete garbage is outrageous. He might not be brilliant but we will get 4M for him and that is pretty good.

:lol:

:whut:

Just now, Cedrick said:

Need a better left back than hickey as cover coz we don’t know what Barisic will return , the from the tackle against Feyenoord till the winter break Barisic, or the shit the bed Barisic 

Are you going to get a better back up on kinda low wages though?

Archived