Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It is to beat the scum to a title. That comes down to consistency in beating all opponents.

To beat them, regardless who we beat or are beaten by, is punching above his week over the course of a season.

I do get that mate, but I can't get my head around our consistency issues. As I said, we do the hard stuff but can't handle shite Scottish teams getting into our faces. 

Sort that and our consistency issues more-or-less dissapear - I just don't agree that's punching above our weight but it's an issue that needs addressed.

Address it and we have a genuine chance of winning the league it's that simple.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

No chance. There's so-called supporters of Rangers who put being supportive and being all dignified and behind certain idividuals over the actual on the field success of the club.

This shite started in the lower leagues when their hero Ally McCoist was in the dug out and it's a mentality that's snowballed. 

Theres s well known one on this forum who thankfully never posts these days. Who on here fits the above bill?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Theres s well known one on this forum who thankfully never posts these days. Who on here fits the above bill?

Not sure about on here mate but the Rangers pages on social media is absolutely hoaching with them. Mind numbing.

28 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If they get ten, I will want Gerrard gone and I expect he will  graciously walk in any case. Until then, I will back him and I wish everyone else would because he isn't going anywhere.

Respect your opinion , I would have got rid of him by now as hes not going to turn into a different manager next year and shouldnt have been allowed a third year.......

17 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I do get that mate, but I can't get my head around our consistency issues. As I said, we do the hard stuff but can't handle shite Scottish teams getting into our faces. 

Sort that and our consistency issues more-or-less dissapear - I just don't agree that's punching above our weight but it's an issue that needs addressed.

Address it and we have a genuine chance of winning the league it's that simple.

Theres multiple factors. Ie consistency, squad depth, attitude, win all costs desire, winning ugly, discipline etc. Many have been discussed on the thread in terms of what we're lacking and what we need.

But which team:

Have most internationalists?

Have the most valuable squad?

Pay more on salaries?

Have paid/ will pay more on transfer fees?

Do you say needs to win the league?

If your first 4 answers are the scum, but 5th one is us, then the bottom line is we will be over excelling to beat the team you named in the 1st 4 questions.  

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Theres multiple factors. Ie consistency, squad depth, attitude, win all costs desire, winning ugly, discipline etc. Many have been discussed on the thread in terms of what we're lacking and what we need.

But which team:

Have most internationalists?

Have the most valuable squad?

Pay more on salaries?

Pay have and will more on transfer fees?

Do you say needs to win the league?

If your first 4 answers are the scum, but 5th one is us, then the bottom line is we will be over excelling to beat the team you named in the 1st 4 questions.  

Yeah I know, but we have it in our locker to counter all that (the first 4)

and then go and let ourselves down with not being able to beat the Hamilton's and Kilmarnock's of this world. Constantly beating them is not punching above our weight.

We already punch above our weight beating the teams in Europe and giving the tarriers a game. That aspect is taken care of.

4 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

When does that happen against teams that sit 10 men behind the ball? I liked Candeias but he was only really effective in the bigger games IMO. 

Our big problem us we dont pressure sitting in defences, so they have time to clear it and get their shape back

21 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Yeah I know, but we have it in our locker to counter all that (the first 4)

and then go and let ourselves down with not being able to beat the Hamilton's and Kilmarnock's of this world. Constantly beating them is not punching above our weight.

We already punch above our weight beating the teams in Europe and giving the tarriers a game. That aspect is taken care of.

Mate if you dont see us winning the league against the scum, given all the advantages they have, is punching above our weight then I dont think you're giving the players and manager credit for what you are expecting of them.

Over a season, in a neutral league you would likely say the team with the advantages the scum have (salaries, revenue streams, sellable assets, size of squad,  money spent on transfers ) would be expected to win the league over the 2nd best team. Its natural that they would more often than not. The reason here we dont is because its Rangers and that's an unacceptable outcome. Which is fine, but at least acknowledge it.

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mate if you dont see us winning the league against the scum, given all the advantages they have, is punching above our weight then I dont think you're giving the players and manager credit for what you are expecting of them.

Over a season, in a neutral league you would likely say the team with the advantages the scum have (salaries, revenue streams, sellable assets, size of squad,  money spent on transfers ) would be expected to win the league over the 2nd best team. Its natural that they would more often than not. Thd reason here wd dont is because its Rsngers and that's an unacceptable outcome. Which is fine, but at least acknowledged it.

celtic are not better than us and no-one can tell me otherwise. We played them off the park twice. (and that is when the witch-hunt began) When they did beat us, we were coming off an extremely emotional win against leiga only 3 days earlier and had nothing in the tank. We were horrible that day.

Where we fail, is beating down the physical, unskilled teams not the scum. This is where Gerrard needs to improve his tactics.

And we also fail to beat the twelve man who is not only against us but who also gives them favourable calls.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

celtic are not better than us and no-one can tell me otherwise. We played them off the park twice. (and that is when the witch-hunt began) When they did beat us, we were coming off an extremely emotional win against leiga only 3 days earlier and had nothing in the tank. We were horrible that day.

Where we fail, is beating down the physical, unskilled teams not the scum. This is where Gerrard needs to improve his tactics.

And we also fail to beat the twelve man who is not only against us but who also gives them favourable calls.

Deluded

Just now, bluenoz said:

I didnt say they were better than us.

Neutral league. One of 2 teams who will win the league has more internationalists, seasoned winners, greater squad value, more cash in bank, bigger revenue streams, pay more in salaries, pay more in transfers etc than their competitor.

Who would you expect to win the league?

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I didnt say they were better than us.

Neutral league. One of 2 teams who will win the league has more internationalists, seasoned winners, greater squad value, more cash in bank, bigger revenue streams, pay more in salaries, pay more in transfers etc than their competitor.

Who would you expect to win the league?

There is only one answer to that mate. I'm in my 50's. Accepting second isn't in my dna.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So in a neutral league as stated out of team C who have the advantages listed and team R who dont, which team? 

Their defence would still be shite. brown & christie wouldn't get away with murder and they wouldn't get off-side goals in cup finals. So based on that, I will go with R. Ha!

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If teams like Porto, Braga or Villarreal played in Scotland we'd pish the league. 

Drawn against Kilmarnock or Aberdeen in the EL qualifiers however and we don't make the group stages. 

Maddening. 

.it’s no coincidence we struggle against probably the 3 most physical teams in league. (Sheep, Killie, Hearts)

Too many just don’t fancy it.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Gerrard without doubt has improved the team since arriving but I don't think he has it in him to win a league title 

Didn't have the mentality for it as a player and so far doesn't seem to have it as a manager. He will get another 3 or 4 years anyway so we'll see

Clint hills take on si ferry of the rivalry up here compared to England especially Liverpool had the alarms bells ringing for me regarding Gerrard , maybe he just isn’t cut out for the intensity 

46 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

When they did beat us, we were coming off an extremely emotional win against leiga only 3 days earlier and had nothing in the tank. We were horrible that day.

Beat that game because Gerrard set the team up with no width when their defence was crippled. 

Had another think. Not happy with any of the centre halves really. Tav needs to go and chicken heart Barisic can go also. Awful thought and not realistic but a full new back four would be ideal.

Davis gives off shocking vibes of him just winding his career down here but not really being arsed. So disappointing. We can’t keep hapless Kamara for another season of brain farts. Aribo need to show more. Arfield is up and down and should fall to a squad player.

Jack has enough about him. Hagi has class and some guts I’d love us to sign him.

Kent we need to keep because of the outlay but if we could get our money back I’d take it. Shocking numbers for what he cost. 

Defoe too old and Morelos can’t be trusted. 

37 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Had another think. Not happy with any of the centre halves really. Tav needs to go and chicken heart Barisic can go also. Awful thought and not realistic but a full new back four would be ideal.

Davis gives off shocking vibes of him just winding his career down here but not really being arsed. So disappointing. We can’t keep hapless Kamara for another season of brain farts. Aribo need to show more. Arfield is up and down and should fall to a squad player.

Jack has enough about him. Hagi has class and some guts I’d love us to sign him.

Kent we need to keep because of the outlay but if we could get our money back I’d take it. Shocking numbers for what he cost. 

Defoe too old and Morelos can’t be trusted. 

Agree with the lot bar jack and hagi 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Beat that game because Gerrard set the team up with no width when their defence was crippled. 

Dropping Morelos after his last minute winner 🤢

Cunt’s go on about Katic being hard done by, but that is the biggest shocker from Gerrard yet

Archived