Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

52 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Should never have been extended , hate to think of the amount of cash we are paying him........

Agreed it was ridiculous to keep him on. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Tav and Morelos have to go and possibly Kamara. If we can get £5M for Tav, £15M for Morelos and upwards of £6M for Kamara I think that gives us a nice kitty. Then of course we can get rid of Barker and Jones if they have any interest.

That still leaves me a little worried that we have an ageing central midfield. I think Hagi must be bought to play in behind. I'd try and get Kamberi in I was really impressed with him. Everything else is down to our scouting team, hopefully they get it right.

There's also been rumours of Borna going to. To lose two full backs with the input they both have could be disastrous.

3 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

I think Tav and Morelos have to go and possibly Kamara. If we can get £5M for Tav, £15M for Morelos and upwards of £6M for Kamara I think that gives us a nice kitty. Then of course we can get rid of Barker and Jones if they have any interest.

That still leaves me a little worried that we have an ageing central midfield. I think Hagi must be bought to play in behind. I'd try and get Kamberi in I was really impressed with him. Everything else is down to our scouting team, hopefully they get it right.

There's also been rumours of Borna going to. To lose two full backs with the input they both have could be disastrous.

:whut:

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

There's been a lot of interest in him apparently after impressive international and European performances. I think we would be quite right to ask for around £6Million for him. And I'm not buying the Juventus interest 😂

16 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

3 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Ojo came on and played the ball out for a throw in while in attack.

Yep I remember that, bloody grim !

Mate said to me after the game Ojo looked as if he was running about wi a pair of Timberlands on 😂

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

And he shown more against the likes of Killie, Hearts etc that he’s not. Still 0/6 in trophies, great domestic performances :) 

You clearly think the rate of progress is insufficient and hes had long enough. I disagree. Already said what he has to improve on because for me after 3 seasons without the league it cant be about progress it has to be achievement. I think he can. And winning cups wouldn't have changed it, nor will it this season, it's about the league for me.

16 hours ago, British_Empire said:

No chance. There's so-called supporters of Rangers who put being supportive and being all dignified and behind certain idividuals over the actual on the field success of the club.

This shite started in the lower leagues when their hero Ally McCoist was in the dug out and it's a mentality that's snowballed. 

or maybe gerrard has taken our team up a level in his tenure here. look at our euro runs. we broke records doing what we have done. The players chucked it for whatever reason because they probably do not like being told by a legendary footballer and serial winner that they are shitebag imposters in a Rangers top.

the team was flying. anyone want to argue this im all ears.

people are just saying whatever shite comes to mind to criticise the team. anything at all when we are not winning. be critical but some of it since the scum got the title has been embrassing.

6 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

or maybe gerrard has taken our team up a level in his tenure here. look at our euro runs. we broke records doing what we have done. The players chucked it for whatever reason because they probably do not like being told by a legendary footballer and serial winner that they are shitebag imposters in a Rangers top.

people are just saying whatever shite comes to mind to criticise the team. anything at all when we are not winning. be critical but some of it since the scum got the title has been embrassing.

So, Gerrard gets the praise for the team doing well, but it’s the team’s fault when it doesn’t? Lol

13 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

I agree the team was flying mate and confidence was sky high after completing our December fixtures. 

What worries me was the collapse after the break for the 2nd successive season.  Every game we were struggling outside of Europe.  

SG persisted with out of form players and a setup that wasn't working. It was always 4-3-3 with some shoehorned in to positions like hagi an AM playing as a RW. 

He's got to show more tactically flexibility and a ruthlessness when it comes to players underperforming.  

Wages will continue to be freed up but if the market goes the way I think it will I don't see us selling . Bottom will have dropped out of the market.

Out of contract players is what I expect Gerrard to be looking at. With no fee we can meet wage demands. It goes without saying that they must be an improvement on what we currently have.

18 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

the team was flying. anyone want to argue this im all ears

The team were flying right up until January 1st, then they spiraled completely out of control and threw away match after match after match.

10 games after the winter break:
3 games fucked up from a winning position
Couldn't buy a goal at home to the sheep or hamilton, drew and lost those games respectively
Barely scraped wins against St Mirren, Hibs, Livi at home and County away
Couldn't win 2 games in a row ffs
Captain crying about pressure in the programme, £7m man crying about it in post euro win interviews

That's the exact opposite of "flying"

God fucking knows what was set to happen in those 9 games left to play. Either way, the team and the coaching staff deserve all the criticism they get.

12 hours ago, ZZed said:

Agree with all that except McCrorie, keep him and start playing him.

I watched him play for Portsmouth and wasn't impressed.  I thought he might improve with games down there .  I think he is a yard too slow  and isn't good enough for where we want to be.     I think we really need better than Ross.  

6 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I watched him play for Portsmouth and wasn't impressed.  I thought he might improve with games down there .  I think he is a yard too slow  and isn't good enough for where we want to be.     I think we really need better than Ross.  

Agreed. Ross McCrorie is not the answer to any of our issues. Far from it. 

Nice lad and all that but his talent and ability is very limited. 

15 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Clint hills take on si ferry of the rivalry up here compared to England especially Liverpool had the alarms bells ringing for me regarding Gerrard , maybe he just isn’t cut out for the intensity 

What did he say? 

Just now, Cedrick said:

Rivalry in England nothing compared to Glasgow especially Liverpool Everton 

He's never struck me as being fazed going up against them tbh. One thing that can't really be argued is the performances against celtic have improved. 

Fuck knows why we can't beat the rest. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He's never struck me as being fazed going up against them tbh. One thing that can't really be argued is the performances against celtic have improved. 

Fuck knows why we can't beat the rest. 

I still think we’re a soft touch mate compared to the presence Walter had in the game 

Archived