Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Without Ejarias goal away at Ufa, we wouldn't have made the group stages with 9 men.

Important goal but he was still a poor player for us on the whole. Didn’t have the heart for it at all and felt like he needed to beat his man three times over rather than just play the pass or go by him.

59 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Without Ejarias goal away at Ufa, we wouldn't have made the group stages with 9 men.

You might be right there but that doesn't make him a good player, it just means he's scored us a really important, valuable goal. No more, no less.

Without Scott Nisbet's goal,  we wouldn't have been within 90-minutes of the Champions League final, did that make him a good player? 

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Ejaria was a damn good player mate and had a good season at Reading. He isn't the first and won't be the last not to be able to handle the pressures of Glasgow. Although Kent has yet to live up to his potential he is still a very good player. So the way I see it, "2 out of 3 ain't bad." 

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Was an ok player. 

Had significant ability, unfortunately Rangers is not a place to develop your game in the early stages of your career unless you have a very strong mentality.

So many of these EPL players just don’t have it, which is quite surprising. 

They were both fucking useless. Shitebags with not an iota of the bottle needed to play in a title winning Rangers team. Sincerely hope Gerrard’s learned his lesson and we stay away from  “prospects” on loan. 

2 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

How did Ojo make it at one of the top academies in the world when he lacked the footballing technique and intelligence to outmaneuver SPL plodders?

Makes you doubt the system.

Ojo for me has decent technique,just look at some of his early performances,the boy looked a right good player ,faded like fuck in August though 

As for the academy ,remember he’s playing against boys then youths ,total different ball game to the full adult version ,men kick harder and in the youth game it’s all about technical ability and not so much the actual real game of football and many just can’t adapt and progress ,

On 19/05/2020 at 17:01, Redwhiteandblue said:

Out: Foderingham, Tav, Goldson, Edmundson, Flanagan, Rossiter, Barker, Ojo, Defoe, Docherty, Holt, all of the youth players who won't be able to make the step up. 

Keep: McCrorie to replace Fod, Polster (as a squad player) Katic, Barasic, Halliday (as a squad player because we need players in the squad who know how important next season is) Jack, McCrorie (back up for Jack), Davis (Squad player), Kamara (there's a player in there), Hagi, Kent, Murphy, Aribo, Kamberi (second choice striker), Jones (back up for Kent), Morelos (unless we get an offer of £20m+). 

Needed: New right back, 2 new centre backs and a back up for Barasic, New box to box centre midfielder, right winger and another striker to replace Defoe. 

Should be doable. We should try and look for players that have just won a league somewhere around Europe. Our team badly needs players in key positions who are proven winners. 

Rangers Football Club

@RangersFC

#RangersFC can confirm that Andy Halliday, Jon Flanagan, Wes Foderingham , Jason Holt and Jordan Rossiter will depart from Ibrox upon expiry of their permanent contracts. First Team Squad Update: https://rng.rs/36g0XMc

Is there any others going? 

Personally would've given Halliday a year (if he would accept it) to let any new guys coming in know what's required of them next season.

Anyone know how Ross McCrorie done when he was away? Had high Hope's for the boy before he went out on loan and seen enough of his brother to know he will be at least as good as Fod as second choice. Reminds me a little bit of when McGregor came through, although he had Klos to learn off of.

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Is that an ex-team mate/international team mate?

Credible journalist who has good connections to radio and newspapers. 

Been on local radio down here talking about a Romanian player Brighton are chasing, and on BBC world sport. 

On 19/05/2020 at 16:12, gmcf said:

We need a winner in the middle of the park that doesnt mess about - someone of the ilk of Kevin Thomson or an Ian Ferguson . 

again best post by far, we really need a died in wool durty bastard of a player, crying out for it, Ryan Jack and Big Kaiser McCrorie are the only 2 with bite, Gerrard is to busying and IMO, stalling the careers if Ross McCrorie,  Docherty and Middleton, all 3 should have been involed in the (half season) just COMPLETED... Gerrard has been backed financially and brought in dud loans, King, Ojo.... 

I have a worry that we’ll get a lot off the payroll just to be replaced by more loans and shite players who can’t cut it here never mind down south. 

we need to start building a long term team, not rotating pish players in and out each season 

40 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I have a worry that we’ll get a lot of the payroll just to be replaced by more loans and shite players who can’t cut it here never mind down south. 

we need to start building a long term team, not rotating pish players in and out each season 

A long term team where the manager signing them gets more years to achieve success, or one which is delivered now at a cost we likely cant afford?

I'm pretty sure Gerrard would love it to be the latter, but if the money isn't there I'm not surprised theres been mistakes and gambles. More than we can afford tbf. 

Last chance saloon imo, we're making salary savings with 7 confirmed leavers all of which I agree with. Gerrards job rightly depends on how he replaces them, hopefully the current salary savings make that easier.

Interested to see what happens to Florian Kamberi this summer. Obviously burned his bridges with Hibs, impressed in some of the few times we saw him, but we would likely still need better than him.

10 hours ago, SPWF said:

They were both fucking useless. Shitebags with not an iota of the bottle needed to play in a title winning Rangers team. Sincerely hope Gerrard’s learned his lesson and we stay away from  “prospects” on loan. 

A sign of times when shite players who contributed fuck all just have to do the social media equivalent of a girl flickering her eyelashes and say “best fans in the world” and fans are all over giving it “all the best Ojo”, “cheers for the memories” and the like. I’m not saying the guy deserves abuse over social media, nobody does, but he didn’t exactly do anything to warrant a fond farewell either.

I'd like us to bring in a striker that wins headers for fun and can consistently score headed goals. The amount of corners we have that end up wasted is unreal and when we run out of ideas (and can't play the ball through) we just launch endless crosses into the box and most the time there's either no cunt there to win them, or no one capable of winning them. Having someone like that to come on would hopefully squeeze some more important goals out of certain situations. Wouldn't be pretty but it could end up the difference against certain types of teams. Can't think of any names personally and sadly I don't really see us going for someone like that these days.

9 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I'd like us to bring in a striker that wins headers for fun and can consistently score headed goals. The amount of corners we have that end up wasted is unreal and when we run out of ideas (and can't play the ball through) we just launch endless crosses into the box and most the time there's either no cunt there to win them, or no one capable of winning them. Having someone like that to come on would hopefully squeeze some more important goals out of certain situations. Wouldn't be pretty but it could end up the difference against certain types of teams. Can't think of any names personally and sadly I don't really see us going for someone like that these days.

I agree a striker like this would be ideal. Especially when going up against everyone behind the ball opposition.

Do you reckon dykes is being eyed for this role? 

47 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I agree a striker like this would be ideal. Especially when going up against everyone behind the ball opposition.

Do you reckon dykes is being eyed for this role? 

Could well be actually. He's a big lad certainly, but I've no idea how well he can get on the end of crosses. 

28 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Could well be actually. He's a big lad certainly, but I've no idea how well he can get on the end of headers. 

Get on the end of headers? 

Get his head on the end of crosses surely? 

I would be delighted with Hagi on a permanent deal to be honest the lads shown glimpses of his quality i honestly think he could be a fantastic players for us.  I believe that we desperately need to sign a quality striker, Right back and a leader in the middle of the park with quality that can command a game 

We don't know when the season will start. We don't have a date for the window to open. We don't know what's happening with the Europa League.

All we can do is release players out of contract. Which is what we have done.

The Hagi deal could be done but that's all at the moment.

Archived