Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

A sign of times when shite players who contributed fuck all just have to do the social media equivalent of a girl flickering her eyelashes and say “best fans in the world” and fans are all over giving it “all the best Ojo”, “cheers for the memories” and the like. I’m not saying the guy deserves abuse over social media, nobody does, but he didn’t exactly do anything to warrant a fond farewell either.

There’s a generation of fans who instead of saying “Remember when we won the league at Rugby Park?” Or “Mind we won the League Cup with 9 men?” will be saying “Remember Ejaria’s goal against Ufa?” and “I was there the day we won at celtic park on the 29th”. 

We need a trophy like never before. Otherwise we’re nothing. 😕

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SPWF said:

There’s a generation of fans who instead of saying “Remember when we won the league at Rugby Park?” Or “Mind we won the League Cup with 9 men?” will be saying “Remember Ejaria’s goal against Ufa?” and “I was there the day we won at celtic park on the 29th”. 

Mind that time we got a last minute winner against Partick Thistle and then had a pitch invasion. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Mind that time we got a last minute winner against Partick Thistle and then had a pitch invasion. 

Far as im concerned. Everyone in that squad is a loser and not worth the jersey. Wont see it different until they win something in a Rangers jersey. 

Just now, writingranger said:

Ouch!

Seems harsh & i do have some players in there i like, but cold hard truth, they have won us fuck all and let us down alot mate. Certain standards at Rangers 

Just now, Fredrick said:

Seems harsh & i do have some players in there i like, but cold hard truth, they have won us fuck all and let us down alot mate. Certain standards at Rangers 

True (apart from McGregor and davis). Hoping this is the year of the tavernier. (See what I did there? Pure talent)

1 minute ago, writingranger said:

True (apart from McGregor and davis). Hoping this is the year of the tavernier. (See what I did there? Pure talent)

Course they get a slight pass 😂 we keep celebrating beating them at parkheed or last min winners at partick & getting to the europa knockout stages we will never win a trophy. While they lord about wi a tainted title and trebles. None of our squad bar shgger or davis would survive under smith for me

1 minute ago, hooooootchy said:

Course we can celebrate doing well in europe, beating the bheasts and last minute winners. If we can't then we might as well chuck it 

Only really counts if we end up winning things tho eh? All that effort to then get humilated after xmas

18 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Michelle Stuart bumping his ginger gums asking how we can afford Hagi.

He does kinda have a point though. 

Unless that guy who was supposed to be investing still did??

The fee will most likely be paid in instalments and through season ticket and retail sales. He hasn't really thought is through before spouting off.

4 hours ago, SPWF said:

I am someone who was lucky enough to be at each of them 4 games and you are totally correct. We have a generation of match-going supporters (albeit younger) who have literally never seen us win a major trophy.

In a way it's commendable as they still have the passion for the team (whereas guys like myself who's been to all the glory days through the years - trebles, winning league at Parkhead, Fiorentina away, Zenit final, Helicopter Sunday, Lovenkrands final, Dunfermline last day etc - my passion and desire is at an all-time low) so I can't be too hard on them. Besides, it's not all younger Bears who think this way, so I'm not singling them out. 

But again, you're totally correct. We need to get our winning mentality back at the club. We can't (rightly) bemoan our players for having no winning mentality and being perennial losers when it comes to it when the supporters are the exact same. 

As a club you're only as good as what your fans demand and expect. 

42 minutes ago, hooooootchy said:

Course we can celebrate doing well in europe, beating the bheasts and last minute winners. If we can't then we might as well chuck it 

You've just missed his point a belter.

52 minutes ago, Fredrick said:

Course they get a slight pass 😂 we keep celebrating beating them at parkheed or last min winners at partick & getting to the europa knockout stages we will never win a trophy. While they lord about wi a tainted title and trebles. None of our squad bar shgger or davis would survive under smith for me

Spoken like a true glory hunter there. 

47 minutes ago, Fredrick said:

Only really counts if we end up winning things tho eh? All that effort to then get humilated after xmas

I get that point, but if we can't celebrate these things then the funs gone right out of football. 

59 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

No he doesn't have a point at all :lol: he knows absolutely nothing of the deal. 

28 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

Aye thats it glory hunter, or maybe ive grew up seeing what a proper Rangers team is and all about compared to these frauds????

14 hours ago, Siam69 said:

FB_IMG_1590183235715.jpg

As we know Andy has not been the best footballer to play for us, but he is one of our own, and I wish him and his family all the very best.

He might even start posting on RM again, come on back Andy you can become a fan again. 

:rangers:

7 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

Correct. Individual wins mean fuck all unless you win trophies or titles. Celebrating isolated wins is what diddy teams do. 

15 hours ago, DBBTB said:

A sign of times when shite players who contributed fuck all just have to do the social media equivalent of a girl flickering her eyelashes and say “best fans in the world” and fans are all over giving it “all the best Ojo”, “cheers for the memories” and the like. I’m not saying the guy deserves abuse over social media, nobody does, but he didn’t exactly do anything to warrant a fond farewell either.

Exactly. Fuck Ojo. He’s a loser. Fuck the rest of the squad until they win something too.  Simple as that. 

11 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Has a point about what?

The club have said or done nothing regarding Hagi recently but a rumour gets Stewart pumped up enough to write an article the likes of which Phil Mcgobblegiver would be proud of. 

Archived