Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Checked Wiki earlier. Had loan spells at Falkirk and Partick 2012 and 2014 (I think) but his goals to games ratio for them looked good .... eventually went onto Wimbledon and Charlton, where his goals to games ratio was pretty good too - in my opinion.

No doubt someone will read the stats differently.

Wouldn't be unhappy if he's free - but if he's a replacement for Morelos, for example. then we might be in trouble.

Sounds like a replacement for Kamberi, 3rd maybe 2nd option at a push.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if the links to Jordon Ibe and Pedro Chirivella are genuine. Both players are out of contract at the end of this month and will be known to Gerrard from his time at Liverpool. Chiravella looks a decent player from the little I have seen of him. Good passer of the ball, intelligent and reads the game well.  Not sure about Ibe though.  Looked a decent prospect 5 seasons ago but has gone backwards since. Strong and quick but lacks a football brain.  

5 minutes ago, STEVEH said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the links to Jordon Ibe and Pedro Chirivella are genuine. Both players are out of contract at the end of this month and will be known to Gerrard from his time at Liverpool. Chiravella looks a decent player from the little I have seen of him. Good passer of the ball, intelligent and reads the game well.  Not sure about Ibe though.  Looked a decent prospect 5 seasons ago but has gone backwards since. Strong and quick but lacks a football brain.  

Did chiravella no sign for nantes?

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Cool penalty. Better than anything we saw last year.

Very good pen. He has been compared to Troy Deeney. We certainly could do with a physical presence up top who has pace and power.

1 minute ago, southcoastbear said:

With Hagi coming in and  Aribo  already at the club I wouldn't rule out a deal that sees Kamberi returning and Docherty heading to the HIVs 

4-5M and I can see Kamara leaving. These were the teams rumoured to be interested last January.

The Rangers midfielder has been linked with a move to a string of Premier League clubs, including former team Arsenal, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Burnley and Aston Villa.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

4-5M and I can see Kamara leaving. These were the teams rumoured to be interested last January.

The Rangers midfielder has been linked with a move to a string of Premier League clubs, including former team Arsenal, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Burnley and Aston Villa.

Were Juventus  no rumoured to be interested last summer in Kamara  although how much of this is down to newspaper fantasists to bone idle to get out there and research a real story  is debatable 

6 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Were Juventus  no rumoured to be interested last summer in Kamara  although how much of this is down to newspaper fantasists to bone idle to get out there and research a real story  is debatable 

I like him but we stupidly gave Davis an extended contract and I don't think we need both.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I like him but we stupidly gave Davis an extended contract and I don't think we need both.

Different players imo, although  I do think that Kamara needs to improve significantly as a ball winner to make it to the top levels in the game 

Just now, southcoastbear said:

Different players imo, although  I do think that Kamara needs to improve significantly as a ball winner to make to the top levels in the game 

Tbh mate, if he goes to another league there might not be that requirement from him because of the nature in Scotland you need to be a tough, hard bastard to be a successful Rangers midfielder. If he was in the EPL or Spain or Portugal or somewhere like that where there's more time and space on the ball, he'd look a much better player almost overnight. 

I like Kambari but if the boy from Charlton is a like-for-like replacement then that's a great way to strengthen the attack.

1 hour ago, Bigdave30 said:

Seen him mentioned a few times but couldn’t pick the cunt out a line up 😂

.....of Mr and Mrs Taylor.

:lol:

See Motherwell have released Richard Tait. If we get him and Lyle together, that would be sweet.

:pipe:

7 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Jordan Ibe on a free is a no brainier tbh!

IMO it would be a big gamble unless you are getting him for a small wage, i've seen every game he played for Liverpool and some of his U23 games as well, he is a player who has great pace and can beat a player in a 1 v 1 but will then pass when he should shoot or shoot when he should pass, his finishing is poor as well. He has been getting himself in all sorts of trouble of the pitch as well in the last few years, it says it all when Klopp made no attempt to keep him when Bournemouth came knocking, the club were stunned to get £15 million for him.

41 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

He’s pish not worth the wages he’d be after.

I doubt teams would be lining up for him.

Offer him a short term contract and see what he can do.

5 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

The talk on talksport there is lyle Taylors next move is almost certainly to us. 

I missed some of it, Bower on again, wasn't as raging as last year though, got the gist the guy had a, massive move but Reading between the lines I thought it was Reading 🙄

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

.....of Mr and Mrs Taylor.

:lol:

See Motherwell have released Richard Tait. If we get him and Lyle together, that would be sweet.

:pipe:

😂😂😂 That really doesn't deserve a quote, but that shits right up my street 

1 hour ago, jjbscotty12 said:

He’s pish not worth the wages he’d be after.

Post Covid is a new era and he's only going to get the deal a team is willing to pay for, if he's sitting there waiting on a 60k a week 4 year deal he's more likely to be retiring early 

Archived