Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

Alnwick was a strange signing, why spend £300-400k on him and let Gilks go on a free 6 months prior.

Fod was a good backup but shown he’s never first team material. 

Flanagan was shite, Rossiter was more injury prone than Chris Burke, Holt was a great player in the Championship who’s found his level now.

Id have kept Halliday just to have about the place and as a backup player. He can play in a few different positions and can be asked to come on and do a job. He’s have stayed on lower wages as well, so bit of an odd one to let go

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel sad to lose Halliday. Yes he doesn't have the ability to start week in week out but at least he gave a damn and would give blood, sweat and tears for the shirt. Always think a team should have 1 or 2 guys that get it.

The others won't be missed. They show that buying in squad fillers never work out.

flanno - solid done ok but not the style of full back to suit our style

fods - far too good to be a back up keeper, thought he done well with us & if mcgregor didnt come back he would most likely be no 1

halliday - tried his best lived the dream not upto the standard required

holt - another nice guy done his best but ultimately not to the level now

rossiter - showed so much promise but brittle as fuck  good riddance 

alnwick - never standard required either another poor cheap bargain bucket buy

I hope Robbie McCrorie gets his chance and becomes #2 to McGregor. He needs a season to watch and  learn from McGregor week in week out. Also play in lesser matches to build up his experience. Hope to fuck Gerrard doesn't bring in another keeper that will waste a wage.

Just now, esquire8 said:

I hope Robbie McCrorie gets his chance and becomes #2 to McGregor. He needs a season to watch and  learn from McGregor week in week out. Also play in lesser matches to build up his experience. Hope to fuck Gerrard doesn't bring in another keeper that will waste a wage.

I think him and Kelly are certs to come in. Probably Ross McC too. Oh and its Robby McC, you'll get @ForeverAndEver greeting if you spell if wrong.

Our director of football needs to pluck out a few gems from no where. A right back. a central defender, a nasty bit of work in midfield and 2 good strikers. All the players coming in need to be good enough to go stright into the first eleven.

Just now, ZZed said:

Our director of football needs to pluck out a few gems from no where. A right back. a central defender, a nasty bit of work in midfield and 2 good strikers. All the players coming in need to be good enough to go stright into the first eleven.

Aye. We cant afford to fuck about this time around. 

Does anyone else feel the management team have to make more out of some of the young talent and fringe players at the club with contracts like Jones for example.

Surely we canny keep paying players off that could become valuable squad members because a young man briefly lost the plot,

I'm sure SG never  did this in his younger days, aye like hell he didn't. 

21 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think him and Kelly are certs to come in. Probably Ross McC too. Oh and its Robby McC, you'll get @ForeverAndEver greeting if you spell if wrong.

Not too sure about Kelly.

Ross deserves a chance. Could easily do a holding midfield job for us. Never a right back.

Fuck Forever, I'll call him Robert, like it fucking matters. He has the potential to be #1 next year.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Kelly signed permanently at QPR, unless there’s another one?

2 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Does anyone else feel the management team have to make more out of some of the young talent and fringe players at the club with contracts like Jones for example.

Surely we canny keep paying players off that could become valuable squad members because a young man briefly lost the plot,

I'm sure SG never  did this in his younger days, aye like hell he didn't. 

Absolutely everyone has to play there part next season....everyone.

9 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We've still got Andy Firth too.

Archived