Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Which is exactly Kamara's major problem , who's ever heard of a CDM that's no an effective ball winner 

Think Kamara is a ball winner in a sense but more interceptions than tough tackling, it’s his lapses of concentration and lack of bottle that make him a liability for me though. 

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Why would we sign a CDM when we have Jack, Davis and Kamara?

Jack is better as a box to box player.  Kamara is most likely gone this summer.  Davis is just terrible, his biggest strength was his energy and work rate around the pitch and now he's too old and slow to do that.  A CDM is the one thing the team desperately lacks and it needs to be a genuine ball winning midfielder who can dominate letting the likes of Hagi, Aribo and Kent to create.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

CDM’s?

i think a proper ‘number 8’ and a Right winger/attacker should be priority signings

I agree with both of those although I really think we need a bit of a bastard aswell. 

He's not an 8 in the same way Gascoigne was but I think Jack could maybe play that box to box role if we had a proper dm behind him and Hagi in front. 

A better one would be preferable though. 

I'm not a fan of signing anyone who's played for their first team, but Armstrong would at least have them foaming. Not quite on the level of Mo but he's a player they didn't want to leave and who probably walks back into their team.

Allan on the other hand would rightly have them pishing themselves at us.

Just now, British_Empire said:

I was just meaning central midfielders. 

I’d keep Jack as the guy who goes to get the ball from centre halves the rest can go as aren’t good enough.

A new playmaker beside him and then Hagi in front.

A new right sided attacker and New left sided attacker although i’m resigned to Kent playing on left.

Aribo as back up and i’d have McCrorie in squad for the games that are scraps.

Just now, KBOO72 said:

I agree with both of those although I really think we need a bit of a bastard aswell. 

He's not an 8 in the same way Gascoigne was but I think Jack could maybe play that box to box role if we had a proper dm behind him and Hagi in front. 

A better one would be preferable though. 

If he could regularly add goals like the ones he did at Ross County, Jack's the best all round midfielder in Scotland by a distance.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If he could regularly add goals like the ones he did at Ross County, Jack's the best all round midfielder in Scotland by a distance.

He done that from CDM. He plays better when Davis isn’t playing i.e bumped out to the right of midfield 3.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d keep Jack as the guy who goes to get the ball from centre halves the rest can go as aren’t good enough.

A new playmaker beside him and then Hagi in front.

A new right sided attacker and New left sided attacker although i’m resigned to Kent playing on left.

Aribo as back up and i’d have McCrorie in squad for the games that are scraps.

I honestly don't see the hype with Jack. He's not shite or anything, just really, really over-rated IMO.

We need better than him to win titles.

That said, with a couple of much better center mid's in next to him I could easily be wrong about him and see a difference. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I like Jack but I think that's a pretty bold statement. 

And yes, I'd love it if he could consistently contribute with goals, infact I'd love it if any of our midfielders could. Huge weakness in our squad. 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I honestly don't see the hype with Jack. He's not shite or anything, just really, really over-rated IMO.

That said, with a couple of much better center mid's in next to him I could easily be wrong about him and see a difference. 

He wasn't overrated at all in the first half of this season. His form was terrific. 

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

That said, with a couple of much better center half's in next to him I could easily be wrong about him and see a difference. 

Hibs away and Tarrier cup final he was the best player on pitch by a country mile, Ross County he was tremendous , all playing centrally. He gets shunted out to right side of midfield 3 to accommodate Davis and it stunts him as his main role is to cover Tav when he goes by him.That’s the same for Kamara, his primary role is to cover BB. Aribo suffered by being asked to do that role too.

1 minute ago, KBOO72 said:

He wasn't overrated at all in the first half of this season. His form was terrific. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hibs away and Tarrier cup final he was the best player on pitch by a country mile, playing centrally. He gets shunted out to right side of midfield 3 to accommodate Davis and it stunts him as his main role is to cover Tav when he goes by him.That’s the same for Kamara, his primary role is to cover BB.

Agree on both. 

He had a great 5 months then just returned to type.

That's why I think it was maybe him just hitting the form of his career, because he soon reverted back to the normal Ryan Jack for me.

If we can get the Ryan Jack from start of last season until December back, I'd happily change my opinion on him permanently.

1 minute ago, southcoastbear said:

Dont think we get much benefit from Jack against the likes of Hamilton, Ross county , St Mirren , would save him for games a bit more evenly balanced and we need to get control of midfield .

Might be fit when we need him then 

He scored away at Hamilton and Ross County but apart from that...

5 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Dont think we get much benefit from Jack against the likes of Hamilton, Ross county , St Mirren , would save him for games a bit more evenly balanced and we need to get control of midfield .

Might be fit when we need him then 

Ross County away was arguably his best game in a Rangers shirt so far. 

Archived