Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are being delusional by suggesting we get rid of half the squad ffs, Even in a normal season we couldn’t afford to do that but with everything that’s going on there is zero chance of it happening.

The squad was proving in the first half of the season it has the potential to win the league if managed correctly and not mentally fucked we would obviously also need a few QUALITY additions not the shite being spouted on here filling our squad with more gash SPFL players just because “they get stuck in” players that get stuck in won’t help us break down 10 men behind the ball.

Unless we receive big money offers both Tav & Morelos should be kept although both players should have proper competition so if they have dry patches or discipline issues then they are replaced straight away and we aren’t reliant on them, selling them now they are at their lowest possible value and is essentially throwing away millions because you lot are “sick of his shite” the fact is if it wasn’t for Morelos we would have been double the points behind and wouldn’t have gotten out of the Europa League groups / even made it to the group stages.

Would have been happy for Flanagan to stay as backup for another season, was always the end of the line for the rest.

£65k for Holt was a steal, he put some shift in for us over the years and hope to see him doing well elsewhere in particular.

1 hour ago, Number5 said:

I would honestly not be bothered about any of them leaving at the right price.

Buff and McGregor be hard to replace mate, that quality yer talking millions  , the rest are replaceable no problem at all 

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Considering Halliday showed he was better than Flanagan you should retract that statement.

Also, Holt spent a while at us through injury did he not?

Lol.

You’re forgetting we have a great player in Matt Polster

For the sake of MYGers polster needs to go mate , cunt took half the stand for away games he wasn’t even in the squad 😂

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Feel sad to lose Halliday. Yes he doesn't have the ability to start week in week out but at least he gave a damn and would give blood, sweat and tears for the shirt. Always think a team should have 1 or 2 guys that get it.

The others won't be missed. They show that buying in squad fillers never work out.

Yeah you need guys that ‘get it’ but they have to have ability ffs.

halliday is pish

This may be an unpopular opinion but I do not think we are that bad at CH. I believe Helander will be a very good mainstay in the team and I think Edmundson has a bright future and on the verge of good things.

The one player I would love to see us bring in is Mirko Maric. 

53 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Buff and McGregor be hard to replace mate, that quality yer talking millions  , the rest are replaceable no problem at all 

I wouldn't honestly be bothered if we sold any of them. I like Jack and the attitude of a couple others but it's a sad state that I wouldn't be bothered if any of them we moved on for a decent return.

Buff pissed me off since Jan. He can go for the right money, whatever that may be now? 

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but I do not think we are that bad at CH. I believe Helander will be a very good mainstay in the team and I think Edmundson has a bright future and on the verge of good things.

The one player I would love to see us bring in is Mirko Maric. 

I don’t believe we are that bad generally speaking, just terribly lacking strength in depth which is where the tims are vastly superior and ultimately won the league. Compare the starting 11 between us and the tims and the difference is negligible. However, when one of their key players aren’t performing they could turn to Ntcham, Rogic, Elyanoussi, the Thumb, when our key players like Kent, Morelos, Jack etc stopped performing the alternatives were Brandon Barker, Ojo and the likes and so we had no answer to players being badly out of form other than to play them and hope they improve.

2 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I don’t believe we are that bad generally speaking, just terribly lacking strength in depth which is where the tims are vastly superior and ultimately won the league. Compare the starting 11 between us and the tims and the difference is negligible. However, when one of their key players aren’t performing they could turn to Ntcham, Rogic, Elyanoussi, the Thumb, when our key players like Kent, Morelos, Jack etc stopped performing the alternatives were Brandon Barker, Ojo and the likes and so we had no answer to players being badly out of form other than to play them and hope they improve.

Good point. Hopefully we upgrade on the six who left today.

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

I wouldn't honestly be bothered if we sold any of them. I like Jack and the attitude of a couple others but it's a sad state that I wouldn't be bothered if any of them we moved on for a decent return.

Buff pissed me off since Jan. He can go for the right money, whatever that may be now? 

I hear you about buff but he was fucking hounded after parkheed , genuine threats to his safety , must be hard to play in they circumstances, absolutely no backing from the club either , job done as far as celtic and the press were concerned, they eradicated the biggest threat to them 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

I hear you about buff but he was fucking hounded after parkheed , genuine threats to his safety , must be hard to play in they circumstances, absolutely no backing from the club either , job done as far as celtic and the press were concerned, they eradicated the biggest threat to them 

To say the club didn't back him is a wee bit harsh. He was allowed to go home for a bit only to return late.

However, I agree, the abuse he took after the 29th was awful. If that were thumb...

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

To say the club didn't back him is a wee bit harsh. He was allowed to go home for a bit only to return late.

However, I agree, the abuse he took after the 29th was awful. If that were thumb...

Thumb and Brown do what they want mate 

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Hope to fuck that doesn't mean Ferguson, Shankland and the likes are coming in.....

Terrified at the thoughts of it.

Clubs be too dear to deal with I reckon, if Wilson can’t find better on the continent then he’s in the wrong job.

Back up keeper, 4th choice cb, ones that will barely play should be making up the homegrown numbers. Add to McGregor, Arfield, Jack etc

I don’t think we need too much to be fair. 

Before the break we were excellent and obviously Europe too we were terrific.

I think we need more all round quality in the squad rather than having an extra player in for the sake of it.

There’s no point in getting rid of 8/9 players again to rebuild. Need to stick and add a couple.

Don't have time for another transitional period. Build on what we’ve got.

Archived