Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a centre half, a right back, a centre midfielder and a right winger (not an “inside forward”, not an “inverted winger”..an actual winger who hugs the to touchline and who goes at his fullback) and a striker of starting quality at the minimum if we want to have any chance next season.

7 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

I'm sure they have come across one another since, at the training centre. Would be hard not to.

Nothing to lose on your last day though , any previous attempt could be seen as a sackable offence like any work place 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

We need a centre half, a right back, a centre midfielder and a right winger (not an “inside forward”, not an “inverted winger”..an actual winger who hugs the to touchline and who goes at his fullback) and a striker of starting quality at the minimum if we want to have any chance next season.

And a change in tactics that allows us to play with full width of the pitch and have a proper winger like you describe.

But no doubt it will be the same narrow 4-3-3 that Michael Beale insists is ‘actually a 4-3-2-1 with two Number 10s’ despite not fooling anyone.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

That really grinds my gears the way wingers cut inside all the time. 

The 1-0 game at Ibrox against the Tarriers, Kent was getting the ball on the flank, driving at them and getting to the bye-line and it worked a treat.

We need to go back to that.

4 hours ago, British_Empire said:

That really grinds my gears the way wingers cut inside all the time. 

The 1-0 game at Ibrox against the Tarriers, Kent was getting the ball on the flank, driving at them and getting to the bye-line and it worked a treat.

We need to go back to that.

There are no wingers in the modern game can you name one anywhere who hugs the touch line  they don’t  exist anymore  

8 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Some good players out of contract from the premier league. 

ryan fraser

keinan davis

joe hart

jack rodwell

matty longstaff

jordan Ibe 

jack colback

We’ve just got rid of Jordan Rossiter and you want jack rodwell?? Ffs mate 

Katic linked with Dijon, I know some dont rate him but I'd be disappointed to see him go. He has poor games but for the most part he's looked a very promising young defender who hasn't looked out of place in European games. 

Imo he is a much better player and prospect than Edmundson

4 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Katic linked with Dijon, I know some dont rate him but I'd be disappointed to see him go. He has poor games but for the most part he's looked a very promising young defender who hasn't looked out of place in European games. 

I’d rather we sent Goldson instead tbh! 

I would like Katic to get a year on loan somewhere if he’s now fourth choice in Gerrards eyes. If Dijon want him for a season then I’d be happy with that.

However I don’t think defence is our main problem as I think we conceded the same amount of goals as the tramps last season but scored 28 goals less. So we need to either invest in forward players or change or system.

17 minutes ago, The Monk said:

After the way hes been treated by Gerrard I wouldnt blame him for leaving.......

31 minutes ago, The Monk said:

No chance is he dropping to fucking Ligue 2

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

ryan fraser

keinan davis

joe hart

jack rodwell

matty longstaff

jordan Ibe 

jack colback

I’d love to get Longstaff but I’d imagine they’ll be interest from teams that could blow us out the water financially 

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

ryan fraser

keinan davis

joe hart

jack rodwell

matty longstaff

jordan Ibe 

jack colback

Please don't......... honestly what made you think of these players

Ryan Fraser.....linked with arsenal will demand wages 60k a week plus

Jack rodwell.....one of the worst proffesional footballers in history. Watch the Sunderland documentary and it will show you all he is interested in is money. Was fit to play and was filmed saying it, then asked will he play says nope!

Colback.....No way good enough

Longstaff.....same argument as Fraser will look for wages way above what we should be paying

Jordan ibe..... he has done well after his big money transfer 😳

Archived