The Number One Fanzine

Virtuoso

8 hours ago, Bears r us said:

He was looking good and his chirpy self, I  think he is about my age middle 60's. Onnce met never forgot. :thumbup:

Good to hear.

I used to have a bit of banter with him back in the day, as he used to print a few of my ramblings from time to time.

Back when you used to send stuff in the post!😂

Unfortunately, I think the immediacy of what we’re chatting on now has diminished the appeal of the ‘zine (as a whole, no just Number One) - by the time publication dates arrive, they’re likely to be full of old news.

6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Good to hear.

I used to have a bit of banter with him back in the day, as he used to print a few of my ramblings from time to time.

Back when you used to send stuff in the post!😂

Unfortunately, I think the immediacy of what we’re chatting on now has diminished the appeal of the ‘zine (as a whole, no just Number One) - by the time publication dates arrive, they’re likely to be full of old news.

Yes it is changed days. :thumbup:

11 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Am I imagining it or did he also used to sell it on Sauchiehall St during some  weekdays?? 

When I was a student back in the day, I think I often saw him selling it Friday lunchtimes?? 

He did indeed, Wednesday I think 

It was the best fanzine by a mile, think I bought every one. There used to be a cracking contributor who used to give us so many exclusives like PLG coming months before it was in the media. Can’t remember his fanzine name, know his real name 

The full vibe back then in the fanzine days was different class , not just coz the success on the park , the whole experience going to the football  was simpler and better , like the lad posted earlier , looking forward to getting his chips and curry sauce and his fanzine and going up to the stadium , we daft things we looked forward to , it’s an attention seeking likes fest on social media following Rangers now 

22 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Do you remember Canadian Bacon who used to be on here or George his real name, he used to use that phrasing so I wonder if it is the same person?

I met up with him before a game last year walking along, he said he spends his forum time now on Vanguard Bears.

Don't blame him being over there at times. He was a great poster here though:) 

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

No certainly not, he was very good on here as you say. :thumbup:

If anyone else talks to him pass him my regards. Not that he’ll probably remember me 😂

25 minutes ago, fog said:

If anyone else talks to him pass him my regards. Not that he’ll probably remember me 😂

It was maybe Oct last year I bumped into him walking towards the stadium, never saw again before the season was stopped.

He was looking well. :thumbup:

On 21/05/2020 at 00:02, Bears r us said:

Do you remember Canadian Bacon who used to be on here or George his real name, he used to use that phrasing so I wonder if it is the same person?

I met up with him before a game last year walking along, he said he spends his forum time now on Vanguard Bears.

Does he still stand at on the street in front of the statue before games? Not seen him in a couple of years. 

On 21/05/2020 at 00:06, Cedrick said:

Was a bald lad with a gottee mate , used to stand on the pavement between the road opposite club deck stairs Copland end 

My mates da was good pals wi the boy and grew up with the boy that sold it the top of the stairs at the ticket office/behind the copland.  Brings back memories going as a boy.

7 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

My mates da was good pals wi the boy and grew up with the boy that sold it the top of the stairs at the ticket office/behind the copland.  Brings back memories going as a boy.

Number One must have had its last issue around 2010/11 or 2011/12 season I think.

7 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Ive been away a long time, allways bought the no1 every home game, when was the last edition,  use to love them magic words walking up past the tube

Number One must have had its last issue around 2010/11 or 2011/12 season I think.

Edit. Just had a look at the Flickr page and judging by the pics it was 13/14.

8 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Class mate 👍🏻👌🏻

Archived