Plans to convert Albion Car Park !!

Bears r us

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the decisions this board have made are fucking unforgiveable. 

Say what you want about Liewell and co but they actually give their fans what they want and do things for the better of the club and the infrastructure around it. 

Our board couldn't be less fan-centric. 

11 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Say what you want about Liewell and co but they actually give their fans what they want and do things for the better of the club and the infrastructure around it. 

It’s a car park ffs.

12 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

You do realise we haven't had a stable board for about 15 years?

If this is true and with being disabled and use the ACP where are those that are disabled and have a range of issues going to park?
I have emailed RFC to see if they ha e any contingency plans in place for disabled supporters should this be true awaiting response.

Just now, ps95v7 said:

If this is true and with being disabled and use the ACP where are those that are disabled and have a range of issues going to park?
I have emailed RFC to see if they ha e any contingency plans in place for disabled supporters should this be true awaiting response.

Don’t know anything about Scottish planning regs but down south there’s no way this scheme would be passed without provision for disabled parking.

22 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

You do realise we haven't had a stable board for about 15 years?

Yes. But this current board have:

Let the media run amok all over us

Failed to do anything after Hivs cup final 

Appointed Pedro

Tried to appoint McInnes

Faffed around with Murty

And they have been ragdolled yet again in this latest SPFL stuff. 

And many other bits here are there. 

Their decision making at times has been brutal.

And when were they thinking of communicating this car park thing to fans??? 

Their handling of certain situations is awful.

There is no connection with the fans. They are as distant as previous boards. 

I long for change at boardroom level - Bisgrove is the only one who has a bit about him. 

14 minutes ago, ps95v7 said:

One third of the car park is still being retained so hopefully they prioritize disabled parking spaces with what remains. 

The car park is a pain in the arse anyway. 

Hopefully encourages people to use their local RSC.

I'm all for it if it funds infrastructure (especially for the disabled) around the Stadium, along with improving the surrounding areas.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Downside for me is that i usually leave on 70th minute to miss the traffic but probably will need to leave another 10 mins earlier now.

Should just leave before kick off mate, get you home in plenty time.

I am 50/50 on this at the moment, the parking, especially for the disabled is a huge concern, but maybe that is covered by what room is left. The fact disabled people have to cross the road at the moment is poor, so maybe this is a chance to move their carpark across the road.

IF the money raised can make a big difference to the areas around the stadium then that would be a plus. If just depends on what the inconvenience to fans on match days is against the pluses.

Has this project ever been discussed with fans or is it just another thing that is decided without consultation?

I still think it will be filled with tarriers who will be shouting obscenities from their 4th level flat.

:britney:

1 hour ago, doc holliday said:

The  GHA social housing flats that  now  totally block the  previously great view of the stadium coming from the House for Art   Lovers approach  are a bloody eyesore.

Now we are allowing ourselves to be boxed in from the Albion end....and the Board  have agreed to the sale !!

Anything involving GCC and GHA makes me  verysuspicious  and wary ,as I  personally know quite a number of the top  lever pullers in both organisations and believe me they do not have our best interests at heart.

This is a recipe for trouble and grumbles about fans behaviour,noise and parking...short sightedness does not begin to sum it up.

This would not happen at the tarriers den of iniquity.

Ibrox has boring soulless flats in front that look like a bloody prison without the bars. 
Scum have wide open esplanades. 

45 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Don’t know anything about Scottish planning regs but down south there’s no way this scheme would be passed without provision for disabled parking.

It’s the same up here mate, the club will need to proved a set amount of disabled parking. 

20 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

The car park is a pain in the arse anyway. 

Hopefully encourages people to use their local RSC.

I'm all for it if it funds infrastructure (especially for the disabled) around the Stadium, along with improving the surrounding areas.

You will soon need a train to get from your RSC Bus to the stadium by the time this parking restriction plan gets here. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Ibrox has boring soulless flats in front that look like a bloody prison without the bars. 
Scum have wide open esplanades. 

You could put the las Vegas strip near their dump it would still look like a shitehole. Cant see the problem with the design for these flats and if it helps to regenerate the area and local businesses etc then it's a good thing. 

Archived