Laudrup or Gazza?

dee9

When Gazza was in the mood no-one could touch him. One of the best players I ever saw. Take away the booze and the injury when playing for England and he would be talked about with the world's greatest players.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

When Gazza was in the mood no-one could touch him. One of the best players I ever saw. Take away the booze and the injury when playing for England and he would be talked about with the world's greatest players.

He is talked about as one of the greats as was George Best.

12 hours ago, Malvern said:

Morelos would have seen red and a fine for the second  goal.

And that is what your immediate thought was to my post?

For a start, Morelos is incapable of scoring that type of goal AND Gazza got booked 16 times in his first 32 matches for Rangers .... i can't locate his o/all disciplinary record for Rangers but the club's own article on Gazza describes his record as 'shocking'.

First season Morelos received a card 12 times in 43 games. Even Morelos' much maligned 2nd season, at 21 bookings in 48 games, falls short of Gazza's record for his first 32 games. 

Loved Gazza to bits ..... many great memories ..... But Laudrup is the best non British player I have ever seen play for us ...... Gazza the best English player .... and Jim Baxter the best Scottish player .... and John Greig the best all round Rangers player. 

🇬🇧

23 hours ago, beararse said:

Gazza just shades it for me....

courtesy of this hat trick v the sheep.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

,Forgot how good that hatrick actually was even though one was a penalty it was a perfect one 

8 hours ago, beararse said:

For a start, Morelos is incapable of scoring that type of goal AND Gazza got booked 16 times in his first 32 matches for Rangers .... i can't locate his o/all disciplinary record for Rangers but the club's own article on Gazza describes his record as 'shocking'.

First season Morelos received a card 12 times in 43 games. Even Morelos' much maligned 2nd season, at 21 bookings in 48 games, falls short of Gazza's record for his first 32 games. 

Both victims of referees desperate to book them ,Some of Gazzas bookings were a joke 

8 hours ago, beararse said:

It was an observation but there is always a critic.

If you want my view Brian Laudrup was better for us but Gazza had a switch in his head that when he triggered it he went tonto all over the place and won us games.

The most petty booking I can remember for Gazza was when the ref dropped his yellow and Gazza to brandish it to him before giving it back, then he got booked for dissent.

Both brilliant players though.

19 hours ago, B1872 said:

Can’t be bothered starting another thread but listening to a lot of pods and watching a lot of old games and seasons on YouTube one thing stood out.

Apart from 92-93 the fact we clinched 9 in a row kind of masked the fact we will never have a better chance of competing in the Champions League and our European record was horrendous considering the money and players we had at our disposal.

Walter seemed to learn from his mistakes in 2008 on how to play in Europe. So one question would be if you could go back to the mid 90’s if you could change what would it be?

Get a more European minded manager?

Change the formation in Europe? Be more defensive but manage to keep Laudrup and Gazza in the team?

Go back to the mid 90s and just from memory it was a kinda fallow period for top drawer managers, especially in the UK.   Other than Ferguson, whos man united had started to dominate and wenger who had really just pulled up at arsenal who would you really want that could be better than Smith?  Mike walker? brian little?

Although we under performed in europe  and it may be with rose tinted specs but the 90s were a sensational period of success for us  when we look back 

Archived