MyGers

CR3

12 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

I don't fully understand MyGers if I'm honest. I've still signed up, obviously. 

@Louden_Greg

Could you post scenarios/a breakdown of what you earn points on? 

For me as a ST holder it hasn't been clear enough in a simple, easy to digest manner. 

You seem frustrated at the frustration, but maybe some don't understand? 

Have you read the MyGers FAQ on the website where it gives you a full breakdown of what points are available for?

12 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Btw @Louden_Greg one of the most embarrassing things not just about myGers but the club in general is a club our size “can’t take calls”. That is absolutely embarrassing and if you’re going to put everything to email then those in the TO should be given a certain amount of time to reply. People are getting replies within 24 hrs and others are waiting weeks! Highly unprofessional especially for the biggest club in Scotland 

I think a bit of understanding during a global pandemic is required. They can have the staff in to man the phones so the customer service line has been closed. 

4 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

I think a bit of understanding during a global pandemic is required. They can have the staff in to man the phones so the customer service line has been closed. 

Aye that should work both ways a wee bit of understanding from the club that people have took a financial hit during the pandemic but the club have just steamed ahead trying to drain as much money as possible from loyal supporters.

10 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Ano mate. Imagine driving down to Manchester in the dead of night, getting a flight to Germany, drive through 2 countries, bus driver demands euros for your cargo in the bus fridge when your 3 hours fae Luxembourg, tipping the African in the service toilets and getting 1 point instead of sitting in ma gaff wae ma beer tap and RTV for treble the points eh 😂

I get these points are being made for jokes but 3 points for away travel club and group stages RTV purchases would be 0 as we don’t have the rights to them...

12 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

And I think as SLO you should be challenged and made to answer the difficult questions and this thread is an example. I just think that FF it’s easier to post as an employee of Rangers and it just gets accepted. We’re a massive fan base and I’d bet the guy sitting to the left and right of me at Ibrox have majorly different opinions compared to the guys that stand at the left and right of me at away games and in Europe. Everyone should be considered

Of course we have a massive fan base and one which is very passionate and contains strongly held beliefs. My role is to try and reflect those views within the club. It can be difficult at times as those with the loudest opinion are no more relevant than supporters who are quiet on a subject. 

ive spoken about MyGers with hundreds if not thousands of fans at this stage and it’s only been launched a few weeks. 

Generally when it’s fully understood most complaints seem to ease off. 

The narrative on this thread that away fans who are attending games are somehow disadvantaged isn’t something I think is reflect of what we have put in play.  More points will be earned by attending games than watching it in the house with the exception of OF semis/finals and OF away games where we know the demand vastly outstrips supply. 

@Louden_Greg

Has it been bottomed out how to stop fans losing out if they live in the same household which has an RTV account purchased? If me and the mrs both have STs, and I pay for the RTV, is it the case that I get points but she doesnt unless she too opens an account?

Cheers 👍

11 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate it's a nightmare man. More points for selling on seatsub than going 😂😂😂

Example: never more points for seat sub than actually attending the match. At best it will be the same and then after a certain period before the game it will be less or no points 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

@Louden_Greg

Has it been bottomed out how to stop fans losing out if they live in the same household which has an RTV account purchased? If me and the mrs both have STs, and I pay for the RTV, is it the case that I get points but she doesnt unless she too opens an account?

It’s on the agenda but RTV will have to look at doing a “family” product for multiple log ins. Not sure on the timeframe on that one. 

Just now, Louden_Greg said:

It’s on the agenda but RTV will have to look at doing a “family” product for multiple log ins. Not sure on the timeframe on that one. 

Think it's a necessity to resolve one way or another, it's not really reasonable to expect more than one account per house. I'd imagine there's a fair amount of multi ST holders in households. 👍

44 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Just to get this back on topic:

One thing that's quite interesting if you can stick with the whole you tube video, is the recurring theme. Both talk about how they have made great effort to listen to fans, they have listened to their concerns and they have responded to those with new initiatives. But when you actually look (or more accurately, listen) at that closely the following has happened:

• Fans wanted to see loyalty rewarded and were concerned about not getting access to away tickets = response: we introduced a fee for that
  • Fans wanted to see loyalty rewarded and were concerned they wouldn't get tickets for cup finals = response: we introduced a fee for that
  • RSC's felt that despite their loyalty they were concerned that they were being taken out of consideration = response: we introduced a fee for that

So fan engagement was simply to find out where the weak spots were that could be exploited for additional revenue - the whole exercise in consultation wasn't about providing anything to help fans, the feedback was for the club to identify where revenue could be gained.

It's worth  noting that those of us on the CCCS for years have fronted up money for no actual gain - everyone appreciates you miss one match and you are probably already paying more than face value for tickets - it's simply a commitment to the club to provide that cash up front to allow the team to have the revenue in the bank. 

So when they say they listened to the fans I fully believe they did - it's what they did with that information that really troubles me!!

The away cccs was vastly inflated to the actual numbers looking to attend every match. We had approx. 16,000 on it at the start of last season. Due to that inflation fans genuinely looking to attend away games but that followed the rules as intended were disadvantaged. The feedback we had was that it had to change. Yes bringing it behind a paywall will provide financial benefits but it will also reduce the number of ‘artificial’ submissions for tickets within the system. We created a points system that reflected 5 year ticketing history to go back to the Championship season which again reflects some fan opinion that we have a number of fans who only returned for the top flight or Gerrard (how many are open to debate). 

For semi/finals CCCS is still the first step in getting those tickets. If not signed up you don’t get on the list. MyGers with its additional priority will be done in a top down points method for those games but in practise all should get it if both cccs and MyGers at least for the foreseeable due to the numbers involved. The number or complaints I received from fans frustrated that their purchase history was not factored in to the semi/finals ballot was very high.  It made sense to include this within the points system we were looking to bring in.  

RSCs is another one where we were tasked by fan feedback in tackling the registration issues that led to the ‘ghost club’ problems.  A small registration fee being part of it will help mitigate against names being collected purely for points boosting purposes. 

26 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

The away cccs was vastly inflated to the actual numbers looking to attend every match. We had approx. 16,000 on it at the start of last season. Due to that inflation fans genuinely looking to attend away games but that followed the rules as intended were disadvantaged. The feedback we had was that it had to change. Yes bringing it behind a paywall will provide financial benefits but it will also reduce the number of ‘artificial’ submissions for tickets within the system. We created a points system that reflected 5 year ticketing history to go back to the Championship season which again reflects some fan opinion that we have a number of fans who only returned for the top flight or Gerrard (how many are open to debate). 

For semi/finals CCCS is still the first step in getting those tickets. If not signed up you don’t get on the list. MyGers with its additional priority will be done in a top down points method for those games but in practise all should get it if both cccs and MyGers at least for the foreseeable due to the numbers involved. The number or complaints I received from fans frustrated that their purchase history was not factored in to the semi/finals ballot was very high.  It made sense to include this within the points system we were looking to bring in.  

RSCs is another one where we were tasked by fan feedback in tackling the registration issues that led to the ‘ghost club’ problems.  A small registration fee being part of it will help mitigate against names being collected purely for points boosting purposes. 

All of the above could be done without a fee,  or certainly could be achieved with a nominal fee, particularly given the loyalty fans have shown and continue to show towards the club.

So, a direct question, do you think the fee is fair and appropriate, and what was the clubs thinking in levying this during the current pandemic??

And a second question - what is the clubs final position on last seasons missed games (value circa £150).

I fully appreciate that these decisions are not your's to make and it appears to be coming from the new commercial team, but as the fan liaison person, are you comfortable in seeing this type of approach when other clubs in the league are showing far greater consideration towards their fan base?

8 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

All of the above could be done without a fee,  or certainly could be achieved with a nominal fee, particularly given the loyalty fans have shown and continue to show towards the club.

So, a direct question, do you think the fee is fair and appropriate, and what was the clubs thinking in levying this during the current pandemic??

And a second question - what is the clubs final position on last seasons missed games (value circa £150).

I fully appreciate that these decisions are not your's to make and it appears to be coming from the new commercial team, but as the fan liaison person, are you comfortable in seeing this type of approach when other clubs in the league are showing far greater consideration towards their fan base?

What would have been your ideal scenario for the ST situation last year? Bearing in mind £150 per season ticket refund would cost the club millions. Even a £50 refund would be approximately 2.3 million.